6 replies to this topic

#1 SikhWorldTv

SikhWorldTv

Raam Ramaa Raamaa Gun Gaao

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

Turmeric is a golden-yellow spice originally from India. It is one of my favorite all-time, multi-talented remedies for many different ailments. It can be used as an anti-inflammatory for people suffering from arthritis, joint pain, and muscle pain. It also aids in digestion, works as an anti-parasitic, and anti-bacterial.

http://www.mrsikhnet...-how-to-make...

When I've had a hard work-out and am feeling pain in joints and muscles, I take a couple of capsules of turmeric or make some 'Golden Milk' and take a few tablets of Calcium with Magnesium. Invariably, I wake up the next morning pain-free. I love being able to give this to my patients because it's highly effective and cheap.

Turmeric recipe

Take 1/4 cup turmeric powder, mix with 1/2 cup pure water and simmer over medium-high heat for at least 7 minutes, stirring constantly. You will notice a thick paste form. If it get's too dry while cooking you can add addional water. Once cooled, put into a glass jar and put in fridge. This is good for up to one month.

Golden Milk:

Add 1 tsp. to 1 cup. hot milk (cow, goat, soy, rice, almond, or any combination), maple syrup or honey to taste and 1/2 tsp. of almond or sesame oil. Gently heat and stir.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਿਹ

SikhWorldTV

One KHALSA One VOICE

Posted Image

Posted Imagesikhworldtv click

click Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageSikhMedia

#2 Kamaljit_Kaur

Kamaljit_Kaur

Mai Bin Gur Dekhe Neend Na Aavai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Great recipe ... Thanks for sharing Jee.

Note: Use turmeric in it's raw form (root form - looks like ginger) rather than powder as alot of the nutrients and 'good stuff' is lost when in powdered form ... This applies to all spices, use it in their raw form for beneficial nutritional results :)

"Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own"

- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

#3 kam1825

kam1825

Naaraayan Har Rang Rango

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

I drink this daily, its lovely
Paap Sunbooh Binasun Ko Kaalkee Avtaar Kahavingay.
Turkuch Toorang sapach bado kar kaad kirpaan kampayingay.
Nickshay jim kaher parbat tay tas sobh divaliya pavagay.
bhal bhaag bhaya ih sumbhal kay har joo har mandar avaigay.
(KalKee Avtar Pauree 141)

#4 PAL 07

PAL 07

Visar Nahee Daataar Apnaa Naam Dayho

• Quality Control
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1307 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

haldi sticks to the coronary arteris and also to the hearts inner ventricles. Just look at haldi when i gets on clothes
My strong advice is to use haldi with caution. Eating the roots is a lot better and improves your immune system thus fighting
allergies etc

#5 HDSH

HDSH

Tav Charnan Man Rahay Hamaaraa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

haldi sticks to the coronary arteris and also to the hearts inner ventricles.

Bhaji, haldi is one of the primary ingredient in Indian cooking...should that be avoided too?
sBnw aupir ndir pRB qyrI ] iksY QoVI iksY hY GxyrI ] quJ qy bwhir ikCu n hovY gurmuiK soJI pwvixAw ]3]
Your Glance of Grace is on all, O God. Upon some it is bestowed less, and upon others it is bestowed more. Without You, nothing happens at all; through the Guru, such understanding is obtained. ||3||

#6 HSD1

HSD1

Thoo(n) Dareeaao Sabh Thujh Hee Maahae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

Just because something may be good for you doesnt mean you can go and overdose on it.

#7 PAL 07

PAL 07

Visar Nahee Daataar Apnaa Naam Dayho

• Quality Control
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1307 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

haldi sticks to the coronary arteris and also to the hearts inner ventricles. Just look at haldi when i gets on clothes
My strong advice is to use haldi with caution. Eating the roots is a lot better and improves your immune system thus fighting
allergies etc

this was told to me by somebody who has studied upto PHD in Aryuvedic Medicine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users