Do you believe that Gurbani has the power to cure diseases  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that Gurbani has the power to cure diseases

• Yes it can, there is nothing that Bani cannot do
    • No Bani caanot cure diseases
    • Help!! im not sure!!!

sMswru rogI nwmu dwrU mYlu lwgY sc ibnw

gur vwku inrmlu sdw cwnxu inq swcu qIrQu mjnw

The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it.

The Guru's Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. ||1||

Sansar Rogi = The world is sick

Naam Daru = Naam is the Medicine

Mel Lagai = Filth sticks

Sach bina = without the True Lord

I believe Gurbani can if we do it with shardha and stay in Guru's Charan.

I, personally only know 3 cases where Gurbani, escpecially Sukhmani Sahib has took people of their deathbeds in hospital.

One of them was so amazing the nurse called the doctor to confirm she was reading the signals on the screen right. The Doctor was amazed and turned to the family and said "whichever god you guys just prayed to has listened to your prayers, because i was going to ask you today if you want to turn the machine off (life machine)."

Another time was when a baby was born, and she wasnt going to make it for more than 24hours. So the family, not knowing anythin about their sikhi, they ran around askin for a Giani to do some paat. They finally got a giani to do sukhmani sahib outside the room (cos no1 was allowed to be near the baby), and moments after Sukhmani sahib finished, the doctors told the parents the baby will make it. Since that day, the family are now Gursikhs, and they are amazing with so much pyaar for Sikhi. and the "Baby" is a gursikh too, so humble and so much pyaar for Guru ji. She is about 9 years old now, and she even knows Japji sahib, Rehraas sahib and the ardaas by heart, (puts many of us to shame). And the Hospital still write to her today, asking how she is doing, they call her the 'miracle baby'.

So i hope this helps answer ur question veerji. These are only 2 cases, without doubt there are 1000's of more cases, which Guru ji shows us how powerful gurbani is, but we bein blind, we still doubt it :)

Pul Chuk Maaf

Wjkkwjkfateh ji

sMswru rogI nwmu dwrU mYlu lwgY sc ibnw

gur vwku inrmlu sdw cwnxu inq swcu qIrQu mjnw

The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it.

The Guru's Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. ||1||

I believe Gurbani can if we do it with shardha and stay in Guru's Charan.

I, personally only know 3 cases where Gurbani, escpecially Sukhmani Sahib has took people of their deathbeds in hospital.

One of them was so amazing the nurse called the doctor to confirm she was reading the signals on the screen right. The Doctor was amazed and turned to the family and said "whichever god you guys just prayed to has listened to your prayers, because i was going to ask you today if you want to turn the machine off (life machine)."

Another time was when a baby was born, and she wasnt going to make it for more than 24hours. So the family, not knowing anythin about their sikhi, they ran around askin for a Giani to do some paat. They finally got a giani to do sukhmani sahib outside the room (cos no1 was allowed to be near the baby), and moments after Sukhmani sahib finished, the doctors told the parents the baby will make it. Since that day, the family are now Gursikhs, and they are amazing with so much pyaar for Sikhi. and the "Baby" is a gursikh too, so humble and so much pyaar for Guru ji. She is about 9 years old now, and she even knows Japji sahib, Rehraas sahib and the ardaas by heart, (puts many of us to shame). And the Hospital still write to her today, asking how she is doing, they call her the 'miracle baby'.

So i hope this helps answer ur question veerji. These are only 2 cases, without doubt there are 1000's of more cases, which Guru ji shows us how powerful gurbani is, but we bein blind, we still doubt it :)

Pul Chuk Maaf

Wjkkwjkfateh ji

145758[/snapback]

This is exactly my point of view, if we have sharda and believe in bani as pooran parmatma there is nothing it cannot do!!!

ok i would have to go to school now but i have one question.... if gurbani is a mantar... then can you make khalistan now instead of all the toruture sikhs are going through and have been going through...

if gurbani is a mantar... then can you make khalistan now instead of all the toruture sikhs are going through and have been going through...

Fair question ... im going to let you answer this one for yourself by asking you a few questions in return further below.

I see you have love for khalistan in your heart and feel that we should do something for the victims of abuse etc. Good i agree with you whole heartedly!

I am 100% behind the creation of khalistan and have been all my life, BUT there is a side to the movement and the singhs that isn always brought to the forefront. And that is the gurbani and bhagti.

You talk of 'mantars' but i think you mean abhiyaas, i.e. repeating gurbani again and again.

Ok here is a few things which may change your stance ...

Were you aware that before the attack there was days and days of non stop chauapi sahib happening in the Akal Takhat? Were they wasting their time doing mantars?

Have you heard of a singh called Dalveer Singh Abhiyaasi .. one of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji closest friends .. why do you think he was given the name abhiyaasi?

Have you spoken to any of the older singhs who actually fought? Ask them what their emphasis was on? Was it not repitition of gurbani?

We recently learnt that Bhai Manvir Singh Chaheroo would also do around 100 japji sahib de path ... was tha pakhand as well?

Have you read the jeevanis posted on tapoban re the shaheeds eg Baba manochahal? did you read about his nitnem...?

And the singhs in the jails, have you ever spoken to them? Ask them what they concentrate on when the police are beating them with chains and belts .. its VAHEGURUU VAHEGURUUU VAHEGURUU VAHEGURUUU the GUR-MANTAR or its the MOOL-MANTAR!!!

My friend sant ji and others encouraged the singhs to read as much bani as possible to give them courage strength and faith in guru, you want khalistan? I'l tell you know, we will never get khalistan unless we do naam simran, do mantar and abhiyaas of gurbani and do ardas before vaheguru!

Only gurbani gives us what we want, we cannot take, make or do anything!!! All we can do is beg! So yes, you want khalisatn, then start praying!

VAHO VAHO BANI NIRANKAAR HE!!!!!!!!!!

Bani Guru Guru Hai Bani Vich bani Amrit sareh

the Bani is the Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

Guru Jee is capable of ANYTHING. He is the supreme power. He can cure any diseases, anything. And He, Maharaj, IS Bani itself. Therefore, through Bani (and inevitably, Maharaj), we can find the cure.

ok i would have to go to school now but i have one question.... if gurbani is a mantar... then can you make khalistan now instead of all the toruture sikhs are going through and have been going through...

145761[/snapback]

You're questioning things like back in the Gurus time we read about..and one thing we learnt was how they were then poved wrong and bowed in shame in front of the Guru and begged for forgiveness for ever doubting...

vahegurooo sabna nu sumth bakshan.

mod note : Please stick to the topic at hand.

145774[/snapback]

lollllll.......... tongue.gif

NB.

Sometimes you gota tell it like it is because most people give off the wall comments and need off the wall answers form anyone. Saying that though most never listen to eachother....lollllllll. Why do u think the meat issue never ends!