#1 Harmeet_Singh

Harmeet_Singh

Waheguru Gurmantr Hai Jaap Haumai Koee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:43 AM

A singh came up to me on the street today and amongst other things said,
"Singh you should gel your dari, it looks messy". Ive never used anything except my kanga on my hair, but just out of curiosity is it ok to use gel??

#2 sunny_love_kirtan

sunny_love_kirtan

Hau Aaeyaa Doorau(n) Chal Kai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:18 AM

i dnt use
look my parkash daahda :T: no no see in ma pic
well gel http://www.sikhsanga...tyle_emoticons/default/grin.gif
if u use it to keep ur beard good looking and ro make it harder but only the open beared, then its not bad in my view, but if u juzzzzzzz fix all ur beard with ur face then it look sooo cheeepad ( a punjabi word show that the beared is sticked with the face)
gel can also harm hair.
to give it shine juz use 4-5 drops of veseline hair oil, while ur beared is wet.
i dnt like guys with cheeeepad daarhi :D
plz any body plz dnt mind.

but remember in case of some guys living usa, canada, europe , who do jobs can do it , coz there they face too much problems, and its better to cut their beard tahn to juz make it cheeeepad :D
but indian guys have no valid point to do so.

Posted Image

KIRTAN NIRMOLAK HEERA

#3 sikhness

sikhness

Kirpaa Karee Ham Par Jag Maathaa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:26 AM

VeerJi,

I personally feel that the natural flowing beard is the best way. I try to keep it open as often as I can. However, being in the health care profession, I have to tie my dhari to keep it tied. Gel is up to you, i personally use gel or hairspray. Gel or hairspray hasn't harmed my hair, it washes right out very easily and isn't as strong as Hair Fixer. Hair Fixer (Simco from India) I don't agree with, it stains your hair and it smells awful. But don't listen to what others have to say and do it for them. You should choose what is best for yourself. It does not look messy. Nothing looks better than a nice untied beard with a dastaar or turban on your head. :e: or :T:

WJKK WJKF

but remember in case of some guys living usa, canada, europe , who do jobs can do it , coz there they face too much problems, and its better to cut their beard tahn to juz make it cheeeepad :D

Sunny VeerJi,

Please, I hope you are joking. Cut their beard rather than fix it? Please explain.
Posted Image (new) sikhness.com looks completely different... just check it out... ;)
Posted Image send a sikhi-based e-card...

#4 sunny_love_kirtan

sunny_love_kirtan

Hau Aaeyaa Doorau(n) Chal Kai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:37 AM

VeerJi,

I personally feel that the natural flowing beard is the best way. I try to keep it open as often as I can. However, being in the health care profession, I have to tie my dhari to keep it tied. Gel is up to you, i personally use gel or hairspray. Gel or hairspray hasn't harmed my hair, it washes right out very easily and isn't as strong as Hair Fixer. Hair Fixer (Simco from India) I don't agree with, it stains your hair and it smells awful. But don't listen to what others have to say and do it for them. You should choose what is best for yourself. It does not look messy. Nothing looks better than a nice untied beard with a dastaar or turban on your head. :e: or :T:

WJKK WJKF

Sunny VeerJi,

Please, I hope you are joking. Cut their beard rather than fix it? Please explain.

OH <admin-profanity filter activated>
I WANTED TO WRITE GEL THEIR BEARED RATHER THAN CUTTING IT.
OH I AM SOOOOOO SORRY :WW: :'( :D:

Posted Image

KIRTAN NIRMOLAK HEERA

#5 sikhness

sikhness

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:40 AM

:TH: that's what i thought...
Posted Image (new) sikhness.com looks completely different... just check it out... ;)

#6 Khalsa4ever

Khalsa4ever

Tathai Saar Na Jaanee Guru Baajo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1860 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:45 AM

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!
Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Gelling Bread might be kinda hard.

But your beard, do whatever you feel most comfortable with. Its not forbidden one way or another, and its really a matter of personal choice.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!
Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!
Don't be a Zombie! Boycott Brains!

Read my BLOG!! http://khalsa4ever.blogspot.com

#7 singh_comradz

singh_comradz

Hamree Jaath Paath Gur Satgur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1268 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:00 AM

Gelling bread? How do you gel bread? lol
"If some lucky men survive the onslaught of the third world war of atomic and hydrogen bombs, then the Sikh religion will be the only means of guiding them.' When asked, isn’t this religion capable of guiding mankind before the third world war? He said, ‘Yes it has the capability, but the Sikhs haven’t brought out in the broad daylight the splendid doctrines of this religion, which has come into existence for the benefit of the entire mankind. This is their greatest sin and the Sikhs cannot be freed of it."

Bertrand Russell (Philosopher, Mathematician 1872-1970)

#8 Harmeet_Singh

Harmeet_Singh

Waheguru Gurmantr Hai Jaap Haumai Koee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:07 AM

lol you know what i meant

Beard = :T: :e: :nihungsmile: Daarhi!!!

#9 sikhness

sikhness

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:40 AM

Gelling bread? How do you gel bread? lol

i have gelled bread ONCE in my life, and trust me... it ain't easy... http://www.sikhsanga...tyle_emoticons/default/blush.gif

#10 king singh

king singh

Hau Rai Na Sakaa Bin Dekhe Preetmaa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:19 PM

Ive put jam on bread but i never really gelled it :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users