Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harmeet_Singh

Gelling Beard?

30 posts in this topic

A singh came up to me on the street today and amongst other things said,

"Singh you should gel your dari, it looks messy". Ive never used anything except my kanga on my hair, but just out of curiosity is it ok to use gel??

i dnt use

look my parkash daahda :T: no no see in ma pic

well gel grin.gif

if u use it to keep ur beard good looking and ro make it harder but only the open beared, then its not bad in my view, but if u juzzzzzzz fix all ur beard with ur face then it look sooo cheeepad ( a punjabi word show that the beared is sticked with the face)

gel can also harm hair.

to give it shine juz use 4-5 drops of veseline hair oil, while ur beared is wet.

i dnt like guys with cheeeepad daarhi :D

plz any body plz dnt mind.

but remember in case of some guys living usa, canada, europe , who do jobs can do it , coz there they face too much problems, and its better to cut their beard tahn to juz make it cheeeepad :D

but indian guys have no valid point to do so.

VeerJi,

I personally feel that the natural flowing beard is the best way. I try to keep it open as often as I can. However, being in the health care profession, I have to tie my dhari to keep it tied. Gel is up to you, i personally use gel or hairspray. Gel or hairspray hasn't harmed my hair, it washes right out very easily and isn't as strong as Hair Fixer. Hair Fixer (Simco from India) I don't agree with, it stains your hair and it smells awful. But don't listen to what others have to say and do it for them. You should choose what is best for yourself. It does not look messy. Nothing looks better than a nice untied beard with a dastaar or turban on your head. :e: or :T:

WJKK WJKF

but remember in case of some guys living usa, canada, europe , who do jobs can do it , coz there they face too much problems, and its better to cut their beard tahn to juz make it cheeeepad :D

Sunny VeerJi,

Please, I hope you are joking. Cut their beard rather than fix it? Please explain.

VeerJi,

I personally feel that the natural flowing beard is the best way. I try to keep it open as often as I can. However, being in the health care profession, I have to tie my dhari to keep it tied. Gel is up to you, i personally use gel or hairspray. Gel or hairspray hasn't harmed my hair, it washes right out very easily and isn't as strong as Hair Fixer. Hair Fixer (Simco from India) I don't agree with, it stains your hair and it smells awful. But don't listen to what others have to say and do it for them. You should choose what is best for yourself. It does not look messy. Nothing looks better than a nice untied beard with a dastaar or turban on your head. :e: or :T:

WJKK WJKF

Sunny VeerJi,

Please, I hope you are joking. Cut their beard rather than fix it? Please explain.

OH <admin-profanity filter activated>

I WANTED TO WRITE GEL THEIR BEARED RATHER THAN CUTTING IT.

OH I AM SOOOOOO SORRY :WW: :'( :D:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Gelling Bread might be kinda hard.

But your beard, do whatever you feel most comfortable with. Its not forbidden one way or another, and its really a matter of personal choice.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Gelling bread? How do you gel bread? lol

i have gelled bread ONCE in my life, and trust me... it ain't easy... blush.gif

^ :D

Yeah, I would suggest to keep it open, but just like how Edmonton, Alberta said....(Khalsa4EVER) its' really up to the person! As long as they have a dharra, it's allllllll gooooooood. :TH:

I think you just gave me an idea for April fools day, anyone know what brand of gel is red???

ssa

veer i don feel any objection in using gel... ity depends on type of beard u have.... sunny veer have beard which is not a fraction of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!! he can go without it but not me!!!!

i advice u to use it but use a good brand like l oreal or garnier or revlon... not any local brand

an before gelling apply coconut oil.. it wont make it hard.... it l be soft... an tie ur beard atleast for half an hour wen its wet wid a cloth.. it ll shape it better

Ive put jam on bread but i never really gelled it :D

aww man i was gona say that but u beat me to it LOL.gifLOL.gif

but uh , dont gel man, it just aint rite :s unless like SLK said, u face discrimination and need to tie it so that ppl dont mistake u for one of osama's bois, anyway i live in canada so i wudnt noe...that and the fact that im a girl :D .....k thas enuff :nihungsmile:

ssa

veer i don feel any objection in using gel... ity depends on type of beard u have.... sunny veer have beard which is not a fraction of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!! he can go without it but not me!!!!

i advice u to use it but use a good brand like l oreal or garnier or revlon... not any local brand

an before gelling apply coconut oil.. it wont make it hard.... it l be soft... an tie ur beard atleast for half an hour wen its wet wid a cloth.. it ll shape it better

ya one who have very very long beared like u can use it but i am surprised on those who have a little beared and theu juz stick their hair with face.

it look like they have coloured their face with black.

coz they stick it too much that no hair is seen and it look like plastic beared. LOL.gif

but in order to make ur beared good looking and impressive u can use gel.

I think you just gave me an idea for April fools day, anyone know what brand of gel is red???

yaaaaa

i india a desi brand called NOVA and an international brand GATSBY

TELL ME UR IDEA PERSONALLY :D

gel on head's hair look good but not on beard :D

FATEH!!!

Could you please elaborate on this one.. You said gel look good on head's hair ..are you refering to someone who cuts his hair???

If YES, i am afraid your reply here holds zero significance :D

GURU RAKHA!!!

FATEH!!!

Could you please elaborate on this one.. You said gel look good on head's hair ..are you refering to someone who cuts his hair???

If YES, i am afraid your reply here holds zero significance :D

GURU RAKHA!!!

I HAVE SHORT HAIR, I PUT GEL TO MAKE THEM LOOK WET AND SPIKEY. IF U HAVE ANY PROB THEN GO HAVE SOME POPCORNS.

COZ AFTER EATING POPCORNS U FEEL THIRSTY AND NEED WATER WHICH CAN COOL U DOWN :D

I HAVE SHORT HAIR, I PUT GEL TO MAKE THEM LOOK WET AND SPIKEY. IF U HAVE ANY PROB THEN GO HAVE SOME POPCORNS.

here the another member came like it was bad girl who was posting like CHAHCI and was always ready to make every topic controversial.

i will request all members to always ignore the msg which will take the thread to a fighting thread.

sorry CHACHI JI plz dnt mind , plz be polite and try to be a true sikh. juz love each other.

sorry i can also be wrong at some points

:D BUT IM CHRISTIAN

CANT I EVEN POST HERE ?? OR U GUYS WILL TAKE OUT KIRPANS

:D BUT IM CHRISTIAN

CANT I EVEN POST HERE ?? OR U GUYS WILL TAKE OUT KIRPANS

oh no no man

keep posting but make ur aim to learn something abt sikhism.

u can post here and ask any thing u want to.

we dnt take our kirpans so easily. :D

:D I KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT SIKHISM AS MY MOTHER IS SIKH, MY FATHER BELONGS TO A CATHOLIC FAMILY. ME AND MY SIBLINGS HAVE CHRISTIAN NAMES BUT IVE FELT PUNJABI CULTURE IS MORE COOL :TH:

IM FROM DELHI BTW:)