Gurmat Gian Group - Sikh Women

Manbir

my dearest veer manbir ,

vah vah vah vah vah

you must be one of the luckiest man on this earth to have a wife, personally hand picked by Gurujee to perform such beautiful kirtan! Your home must be as bhai gurdas says ''ghar ghar andar dharamsal,hoe kirtan seda vesoa''. I am getting a mental visualisation of your home whereby you ,wife and daughter are sitting together at amritvela and sandiavela doing kirtan lovingly to Gurujee!!!!!

i been doing kirtan for the past 34 years, hence my words flow from my lifelong understanding of raags etc through Gurujee's kirpa. normally i can be very critical haha .but i have been listening to every single track and i love it. i can recognise immediately the effort,talent ,creativity and knowledge that has gone into this .

may Gurujee keep this jetha united ,make it grow even more, and go higher and higher in chardi kela.

Once i was supposed to do kirtan at a satsang. As i metha tekhed before Shree Guru Granth Sahib Jee, suddenly i realised that all my lifelong acquired knowledge of sangeet was nothing and peanuts in the presence of Gurujee's awesome majestic presence. I just lay lifeless in the presence of our Master crying helplessly like a little baby. I felt so small ,so useless ,just felt like a little puppy, a slave in Gurujee's presence, i culdnt utter a word ,my voice was trapped in my voice box.the jetha doing kirtan continued whilst waiting for me .

Then suddenly i felt a bolt of lighning from the presence of SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB MAHARAJ PITA JEE. Gurujee's power quickened in me,took me by force and made me get up and rush to the kirtan stage. The other gursikh veers on stage realised i was approaching and ready and made space for me at the main harmonium. As i sat down ,suddenly everything i had planned to sing just went out of the window.

I felt THE FORCE was with me and within me and was in control ,not me. My fingers started playing a tune i had not planned. I normally love to start with a manglacharan of Mulmantar at ambient speed to slowly build up the kirtan speed but this time THE FORCE made me start with the fastest akj style techno tune of Gurmantar jaap, that , then breaking up into other tunes as our jetha went along. I decided to let go and cry and smile and let the kirtan be a holy river taking me with itself to wash and worship at the lotus feet of Gurujee.

This was the day i realised how Gurujee can use all our knowledge, if we surrender to Him to help us sing kirtan beyond our wildest dream ,taking everything we know and churning it into something far far more beautiful than within our ability.

Truly you ,wife and daughter are jewels created by Gurujee to bless and beautify the panth . Its my great fortune to witness such beautiful keertan done by yourselves in this lifetime. I was listening to your keertan and let it haunt my soul as i was writing this reply!

Thanks again for the appreciation and good wishes. Yes, Kirtan is bestowed on someone only by the Grace of Guru Jee. If He desires wonders can happen. We are thankful to waheguru for giving us this oportunity to do Kirtan. There is no better way to remember Almighty than thru Kirtan.

Hear this shabad 'Hay Gobind Hay Gopal'. Music coposition for this Shabd was done by Keerat Kaur and she is the lead singer in this. This Shabad was included by the makers of Sundri - the animation film. Another Shabad 'Sur Nar Mun Jan Amrit Khojday' was sung by Gurpreet Kaur for this film.

Regards and Best of Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Who are you - that is so nice of you to compliment someone & EMPOWER them when they do something good, especially in Gods name. Thank you for your beauftiful compliment. I was just browsing thru this site & couldn't stop reading your vah vah vah. Please, tell us more about yourself - who are you, which Gurudwara & where

do you do kirtans. You're so lucky - doing kirtan for 34 yrs - NO, you're the luckiest man on earth - to be able to perform kirtan to WaheGuru. Actually, ALL ARE who

are Blessed enough to do kirtan to WaheGuru cause we LOVE him Eternally but especially this Gurmat Gian Gp. Lets say thank you again to them for posting all these

beautiful kirtans to us kirtan LOVERS & MOSTLY for you for your loving comments. Okay now, we'll be waiting for your reply - SO, whats your name ????

Sincerely, Naaz

my dearest veer manbir ,

vah vah vah vah vah

you must be one of the luckiest man on this earth to have a wife, personally hand picked by Gurujee to perform such beautiful kirtan! Your home must be as bhai gurdas says ''ghar ghar andar dharamsal,hoe kirtan seda vesoa''. I am getting a mental visualisation of your home whereby you ,wife and daughter are sitting together at amritvela and sandiavela doing kirtan lovingly to Gurujee!!!!!

i been doing kirtan for the past 34 years, hence my words flow from my lifelong understanding of raags etc through Gurujee's kirpa. normally i can be very critical haha .but i have been listening to every single track and i love it. i can recognise immediately the effort,talent ,creativity and knowledge that has gone into this .

may Gurujee keep this jetha united ,make it grow even more, and go higher and higher in chardi kela.

Once i was supposed to do kirtan at a satsang. As i metha tekhed before Shree Guru Granth Sahib Jee, suddenly i realised that all my lifelong acquired knowledge of sangeet was nothing and peanuts in the presence of Gurujee's awesome majestic presence. I just lay lifeless in the presence of our Master crying helplessly like a little baby. I felt so small ,so useless ,just felt like a little puppy, a slave in Gurujee's presence, i culdnt utter a word ,my voice was trapped in my voice box.the jetha doing kirtan continued whilst waiting for me .

Then suddenly i felt a bolt of lighning from the presence of SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB MAHARAJ PITA JEE. Gurujee's power quickened in me,took me by force and made me get up and rush to the kirtan stage. The other gursikh veers on stage realised i was approaching and ready and made space for me at the main harmonium. As i sat down ,suddenly everything i had planned to sing just went out of the window.

I felt THE FORCE was with me and within me and was in control ,not me. My fingers started playing a tune i had not planned. I normally love to start with a manglacharan of Mulmantar at ambient speed to slowly build up the kirtan speed but this time THE FORCE made me start with the fastest akj style techno tune of Gurmantar jaap, that , then breaking up into other tunes as our jetha went along. I decided to let go and cry and smile and let the kirtan be a holy river taking me with itself to wash and worship at the lotus feet of Gurujee.

This was the day i realised how Gurujee can use all our knowledge, if we surrender to Him to help us sing kirtan beyond our wildest dream ,taking everything we know and churning it into something far far more beautiful than within our ability.

Truly you ,wife and daughter are jewels created by Gurujee to bless and beautify the panth . Its my great fortune to witness such beautiful keertan done by yourselves in this lifetime. I was listening to your keertan and let it haunt my soul as i was writing this reply!

Who are you - that is so nice of you to compliment someone & EMPOWER them when they do something good, especially in Gods name. Thank you for your beauftiful compliment. I was just browsing thru this site & couldn't stop reading your vah vah vah. Please, tell us more about yourself - who are you, which Gurudwara & where

do you do kirtans. You're so lucky - doing kirtan for 34 yrs - NO, you're the luckiest man on earth - to be able to perform kirtan to WaheGuru. Actually, ALL ARE who

are Blessed enough to do kirtan to WaheGuru cause we LOVE him Eternally but especially this Gurmat Gian Gp. Lets say thank you again to them for posting all these

beautiful kirtans to us kirtan LOVERS & MOSTLY for you for your loving comments. Okay now, we'll be waiting for your reply - SO, whats your name ????

Sincerely, Naaz

my dearest veer manbir ,

vah vah vah vah vah

hehe im too far away from you. looks like you are in canada or USA but im based in UK,tucked away in coastal southwest corner. where i live has very few gurudwaras so i make frequent trips to spend the day at gurudwaras in london and birmingham on day offs from my business. if you read all my posts on this site, you will get a pretty good picture of me as i love telling stories and anecdotes from my and other people's lifes to inspire. call me humkire singh as i got a story connected to that too hahaaa. and yes through Guru's immense kirpa i been doing kirtan all this while since a kid tho im hopeless at it . i tried posting sum me tracks on here but am not very computer literate so i dunno how to but can send them by email or msn which i can just about handle haha.

and yes as a sikh its good to have a personal improvement programme of acquiring skills e.g learning how to play instruments so u can do kirtan, turn your home into a heaven . also to learn gurbani and embark on a mission to go through all of SGGS verse by verse word by word to know meanings, to have your own reference library of books ,cds ,dvds, etc so u can share with others . also to be doing yur prayers(nitnem ,naam jaapna,kirtan, ardas, asa di // ,sukhmani ,etc ) in the middle of the night etc etc .

most important is to be humble but a warrior for truth and passionate and loving ,to feel ever fresh ,young and new and totally kicking ,alive ,awake , excited .creative ,joyous ,and in chardi kela . omgggggg u remind mi how gawjus sikhi is . vah vah vah vah vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah . dhan sikhi,dhan sikhi vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!

you look very very chardikela brother. tell me all about you 'naaz'' . now i am the one waiting hahaaaa .

Aaha So Near, yes, thats one one with the lady singing together @ the end of the simran right - very beautiful voice.

I don't know who these singers are but Giani Thakur Singh gave me the C.D. I asked him & he said he didn't know either.

I don't know how 2 post songs or videos on computer or this site but I'll try when my nephew gets back in town, he's really

good with computer. There's a simran of her just singing this alone also - I loved it so much that I had someone edit it 4

me cause I love the guitar part & can't get enough of it. Where or how did U hear it SoNear ?? I had copies of it made @

El Sobrante Gurudwara 2 give people - so they can get hooked 2 simran. LOVE IT, just LOVE It & will always be my favorite.

I remember THak Bahiyya gave it 2 me & said, U will like this, it's got some western beat 2 it & cause he knows I like music.

I tell ya - he can read me like a book cause I've been listening 2 it for 3 yrs now - thats all that plays in my car - I feel like it's

dua - makes me feel so safe that I don't even feel like saying my prayer before hitting the road. I'll try my all 2 post it up

here 4 U & everyone SoNear , Fateh, Naaz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...