Photo
- - - - -

Sri Guru Gobind Singh N.r.i. Yatri Niwas (amritsar)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Pehlvan

Pehlvan

naabh kamal mehi baedhee rach lae breham giaan ouchaaraa ||

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:22 AM

Is there a limit on the number of days you can stay there ? (like some of the other Niwas)

#12 jalandharsingh

jalandharsingh

• Quality Control
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:34 AM

Please does anyone have a contact number for Harbhajan Singh Shergill? I think he is the man behind the Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Trust which built this niwas. I have been told that the staff there sometimes stop people having rooms because they are kept for Akali Dal Badal bigwigs and their guests.

#13 Pehlvan

Pehlvan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:59 AM

The NRI Niwas is good but as someone mentioned rooms are reserved for Badal's people and it is quite political. Also, they often limit the number of days you can stay. They don't seem to like shardawan GurSikhs who want to stay a few days Posted Image

The bigger hotels that are opposite the NRI Niwas and near the Akal Takhat Sahib are quite expensive (approx 1000 rupees per night). If you have trouble getting a room in a Niwas then I can recommend 'Sher-e-Punjab' Guest House which is towards the other side to the Akal Takhat Sahib, near the Guru Arjan Niwas. I went there about a year ago and they charged 300 rupees a night. There was also no limit on the number of days you could stay and it was walking distance from Harimandar Sahib.

Sher-e-Punjab Guest House,
Near Punjab National Bank,
Sarai Guru Ram Dass,
Mahna Singh Road
Amritsar

Tel Nos: 0183-2553555
94171-55917
98727-86402

#14 Sarbat da Pala

Sarbat da Pala

Har Har Jan Duee Ayk Hai(n) Bib Bichar Kachh Naahi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

SGPC should create a website where all niwas can be booked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users