Why Should We Recite Sri Mool Mantar Sahib?

Akaal Purakh Di Fauj

Why Recite Mool Mantar?

Ans- Why Not? :lol:

Sant giani sinder sahib ji did katha on just mool manter for 6 month and he had more to do but singhs did a benti tostart on japji sahib katha as at that rate, they wont be able to listen to the whole katha of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji!

Mool - Basic. Mantar - incantation.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What is all this that we are doing? Are we taking His name, so cheaply? Are we basing our faith in Wahiguru upon miracles, and fantasies? Shame on us, for being so mean and low! We have to love Him just because He is adorable, He is only worthy to be loved, for the sake of love. Nothing more,nothing less. Any thing other than this, just shows off our weaknesses. This just looks like a fair of fantasies. What is all this of passing exams or curing cancer, etc, etc...

He is much much more than all this. He is our true Father, we have to love Him for what He is for us, not what for the things we can get from Him. We should not care for the daat, but we should love Daatar.

Nam simran should just be done, only to merge ourselves in Akal Purukh. By doing so, we cut from the roots any chances of coming in this creation of pain and suffering. He is the fountain of real and everlasting happiness, so our real happiness, is in getting one with Him. This is what our Gurus taught us, we have to love Him, to get Him only; anything apart from this, is inviting trouble.

Deenda de...lenda thak pae.

If the king is ready to give us the kingdom, why to ask for peanuts...

So let us become gurmukhs from manmukhs by loving Him, only for Himself.

What is all this that we are doing? Are we taking His name, so cheaply? Are we basing our faith in Wahiguru upon miracles, and fantasies? Shame on us, for being so mean and low! We have to love Him just because He is adorable, He is only worthy to be loved, for the sake of love. Nothing more,nothing less. Any thing other than this, just shows off our weaknesses. This just looks like a fair of fantasies. What is all this of passing exams or curing cancer, etc, etc...

He is much much more than all this. He is our true Father, we have to love Him for what He is for us, not what for the things we can get from Him. We should not care for the daat, but we should love Daatar.

Nam simran should just be done, only to merge ourselves in Akal Purukh. By doing so, we cut from the roots any chances of coming in this creation of pain and suffering. He is the fountain of real and everlasting happiness, so our real happiness, is in getting one with Him. This is what our Gurus taught us, we have to love Him, to get Him only; anything apart from this, is inviting trouble.

Deenda de...lenda thak pae.

If the king is ready to give us the kingdom, why to ask for peanuts...

So let us become gurmukhs from manmukhs by loving Him, only for Himself.

If you can't ask from Akal Purakh, then who else do you ask from? If you don't get fixed on just asking, then there is nothing wrong with asking.

The point is what to ask Him. Because whatever you have to get is already written in one´s pralabdh . So even if you do not ask you will get it, and at the same time, what is not written, however hard you may try, one will not get it. Then there is always a risk, that unfulfilled desires, are the cause of our coming in this creation, because He is a bountifull giver, He will always fulfill our desires, though we may have to born endless times.

So to be wise according to the teachings of our Gurus´is just to ask what we do not have, and that is Him. Having Him only as a sincere desire, is enough to remove all other desires. Having Him what else does one need? And asking only Him from Him, redeems us from the wheel of eighty four, and merges our souls in Him.

If he has created us, does He needs to be reminded of our needs? Bin boliya sabh kich janda.

We have to be mature, and learn from the teachings of our beloved Gurus´ that the best way to live is to live in His bhana. On the worldly level, the child asks his parents for his needs, and in that way we take Him also, not being conscious, of the fact that even if we do not ask material or any things, He knows already even before our thoughts are created in our minds and hearts. So asking is natural, but to ask for the best only, is the best, and that is Him. And by asking things from Him, we just show our lack of faith. We are so engrossed with the toys of this world, that we go on asking them more from Him, and definetely He will give them; but fortunate is that soul, which has got tired from all these useless things, and cries and calls his Mother, who at that time, leaves everything and comes running at the call of her child, so this is the same with us and our heavenly Father. He is just waiting for His children to call Him sincerely, so that He can take us in His arms and hugs us.

It is just a question of focusing, and of course He should be our main objective,we should love Him with all our body, mind, heart and soul, in that lies our welfare.

• 3 weeks later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sangatji please take the time to post stories/katha about jaaping Sri Mool Mantar Sahib Ji so that we can gain inspiration to accomplish the One Million Jaaps.

I'll begin.

*Veer Pjs please can you make this a sticky and post some translated katha on Sri Mool Mantar Sahib Ji*

The Making Of A Brahmgyani

In Guru Ji's darbar Bhai Surinder Singh Ji (a kirtani from Baba Bakala who was well known at one time (before the advent of tape recorders in Punjab)) narrated the following story to the sangat when he was asked about the importance of naam japna.

One time Bhai Sahib and his Jatha were travelling around Uttar Pradesh and had reached Lucknow the state's capital. On the Prakash Diwas Gurpurab of Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj the Gurudwara's committee had arranged a one week kirtan programme and had requested that Bhai Sahib and his Jatha partake in this mahaan seva. In this way Bhai Sahib and his Jatha sang the praises of Akaal Purakh for one week at the Gurudwara Sahib in Lucknow.

After the ardas on the final day of the programme Bhai Sahib was approached by an elderly hindu lady called Mata Dhian Dev who had accompanied a Sikh family to the programme. Mata Ji told Bhai Sahib that she had never heard such beautiful 'bhajans' before and that she had been deeply moved by the love and peace of the house of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj. With tears in her eyes she requested Bhai Sahib and the sangat to come and hold a kirtan programme at her house. Although Bhai Sahib and his jatha were meant to leave for Punjab later that night Bhai Sahib being a beloved of Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji acceded to her request immediately and said that they would come to her house.

The next day Bhai Sahib and the Sangat from the Gurudwara Sahib arrived at Mataji's house. Mataji with the help of her relatives had cleared all the furniture from her house and had put white sheets everywhere in preparation for their arrival. For six hours Bhai Sahib and the Sangat sang the praises of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj.

At the end of the kirtan as Bhai Sahib was about to leave Mata Dhian Dev quickly got up, took hold of his hand and said, "Gyaniji please give me a mantar from this path of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj". Bhai Sahib smiled and told Mata Dhian Dev that he could not give her such a mantar as only the Panj Pyarai could do that. Mata Dhain Dev listened to this and then said, "You have sung so many 'bhajans' here and at the Gurudwara Sahib please give me any mantar from one of these 'bhajans'". Bhai Sahib once again explained that the mantar Mata Dhian Dev was seeking could only be obtained from the Panj Pyarai. He then began to explain in detail the life of a Gursikh and the Amrit Sanchar but Mataji kept asking him to provide her with a mantar. Finally Bhai Sahib told her to repeat Guru Sahib's mool mantar from Ikonkaar to Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach as many times as she could.

Mataji got up and went to her room and came back holding a mala in her hand. While showing Bhai Sahib her mala she told him that every day she uses it to repeat the name of Shiva and asked if she could use this mala to repeat the mantar he had given her. Bhai Sahib smiled and said yes. Mataji then asked Bhai Sahib how many times she should repeat the mantar. Bhai Sahib said that she should repeat the mool mantar as many times as she could.

A few years after this Bhai Sahib and his jatha visited Lucknow once again to peform kirtan seva. After the programme Bhai Sahib saw the same secretary who was there the last time they had visited the Gurudwara Sahib. Bhai Sahib talked to the secretary for a while and then asked him about the wellbeing of Mataji. When Bhai Sahib did this the secretary didn't say anything for some time. After a while Bhai Sahib asked if she had passed away.

The secretary looked at Bhai Surinder Singh Ji and said, "No Gyaniji, Mataji has not passed away but has become a Brahmgyani".

Bhai Sahib was taken aback by this and decided to go and visit Mataji's house. When he reached her house the front door opened and he was greeted by a beautiful Khalsa decorated in Guru Ji's dastar and bana who with folded hands loudly uttered, "Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh".

The beautiful khalsa adorned with Guruji's pure dastar, bana and shahstars was none other than Mata Dhian Dev who had now become Mata Dhian Kaur a beloved daughter of Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.

Bhai Surrinder Singh Ji eyes began to well up in tears. He was soon caught in Mata Dhian Kaur Ji's loving embrace. After taking a few moments to compose himself Bhai Surrinder Singh Ji immediately sat Mataji down who with both hands did a benti for Bhai Sahib to do Kirtan.

Bhai Surrinder Singh Ji smiled and said that of course he would do Kirtan but before that he wanted to hear how a few years ago he had left a Hindu mother only to find a beautiful Khalsa mother in her place.

Mataji nodded her head and then began to speak, "Do you remember all those years ago when I asked you to give me a mantar of Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj? You immediately told me to go and see the Panj Pyarai to be blessed with Naam. I quickly dismissed this and after much insistence you agreed to write out the Sri Mool Mantar Sahib of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj for me."

"The day you left I sat down and began to recite Sri Mool Mantar Sahib from Ikonkaar to Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach using my mala. I used to sit down everyday like this and became lost in this practise. Eventually minutes became hours and hours became days. I used to take my mala everywhere with me. Slowly even my mala disappeared until the only thing I could hear, see, feel or think about was Guruji's Sri Mool Mantar Sahib."

"Wherever I looked I began to see Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Sri Mool Mantar Sahib. It was everywhere and within everything from the floor to the walls, trees, birds, skies and beyond."

"One day while reciting Sri Mool Mantar Sahib I felt my conscious pulled inwards and was met by four people whose faces were covered. They were dressed in dark clothes and were carrying a throne that was held in place with two long sticks. They told me to climb on to the throne and said that they would carry me to wherever I wanted to go. I quickly got onto that throne. They took me to many places each which was more beautiful than the next and asked me if I liked any of them. I was told not only to look at each place but also to get of the throne and wander around those places. After wandering around for a while I would come back to them and say is there nothing else? Is there no land where only Guruji's Sri Mool Manatar Sahib resounds?"

"Eventually I was taken to a place that I cannot describe. Outside of this place resided all the devis, devtas and other beings. They were all waiting outside hoping to gain entry to this place. Some were sweeping others were performing other types of seva…"

"I don't know what happened then but the next thing I knew I was inside this very place. I found myself sat in satsang surrounding by men and women with moon-like faces that were dressed in blue and kesri and decked with sarabloh weapons. In front of all these people sat the most beautiful person I have ever seen."

"The only way I can describe his beauty is that he was the Sri Mool Mantar Sahib itself"

"After sitting here for a while I was approached by a tall person who had a long flowing beard, was dressed in blue and carried a long stick. This person asked me what are you doing here?"

"I looked at him and said what do you mean? I have recited the Sri Mool Mantar Sahib of Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj I have every right to be here."

"I don't know what happened next but I found myself in front of Sri Mool Mantar Sahib Ji himself who said that I had to leave this place. I began to cry and eventually Sri Mool Mantar Sahib Ji told me that he would give me another chance and that I would have a certain time to ensure that I secure my place in his court. I dropped towards the floor and placed my head at his charankamal."

"When I raised my head I found that my face was covered with a white sheet and that people around me were uttering, "Ram Nam Satya Hai" (the name of Rama is True). I immediately got up and began to tell people around me that I wasn't dead but very much alive. They were all in shock."

"I immediately ran towards the Gurudwara Sahib and asked the Granthi Singh over there to arrange an Amrit Sanchar for me. He told me that in due course one would be arranged but when I narrated my story to him with Guru Sahib's blessings the Amrit Sanchar was arranged for that day itself."

Only Guru Sahib and Mata Dhian Kaur knew how much time that he had given her. However how much it was she left this earthly vessel while reciting Sri Mool Mantar Sahib in the house of Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj.

Brother, what you have detailed of the hindu lady becoming a brhamgyani is just a confirmation, that spirituality, ruhaniyat is obtained by the practice of Jaap, just as Guru Nanak has described in Jap Ji.Not by any other means.

Truth(Satnam) is obtained by attaching our own reality which is soul consciousness, with that Akhut Bani, Anhad Bani, Amrit Bani...not by dressing in a particular way, or observing certain rites and rituals.... Spiritual wealth is gained by spiritual means only(Nam Simran).

As it is said in the mool mantar: Ik Onkar, Satgur Parsad, Jap. Ther is only one God, and He is obtained as per His Grace, and once having that Grace as Parsad, Jap of it, should be done, in order to realize that Ik Onkar.

The above experience of that lady, just confirms the above statement.

Moreover In Anand Sahib, it is clearly written: Kar Kirpa Jin Nam lae he, se Har Har sadah dhiavaeh, which means: They, whom You in Your Mercy, attach with your Name(Nam), ever utter and remember the Name (this is Jaap, of that Prasad). So what that lady experienced, is just the first stage, astral region known also as Sahasdalwal Kanwal, still in the domain of Maya and Kal, but our aim is Sach Khand, above ParBraham, through Nam Simran, which is reached as a result when we make that nam as our true support at all times... that is why it is stated: Saacha Naam mera aadharo, then when this is accomplished we come to a stage where then: Vaajay Panch Shabad teet ghar Ghar sabhaagai......The five primal sounds vibrate in that blessed House( this human body). All the entries in spiritual realms are achieved by Jaap, but according to of what we do the Jaap, there is our reach. In a distance to to be covered from India to Amaerica, for example, some buy ticket to get of at Dubai, other at paris, others at Londaon and yet few land in America, and that exactly also with the Simran, accrding to of what we do Simran there we reach, only Simran of Nam , takes us to Sach Khand. Just let us think for a whlie, 800 or 900 years back there was no mool mantar, then what?

But Wahiguru Akal Purukh, of whom our Gurus talk at each step in the Bani, is realized, by the Jaap of Nam, then we get in touch with that bani. That is why it is said : Anter Jot Niranter bani, Sache Sahib siu liv lae.

In our temple boby, there is ever divine light, and from ringeth those holy sounds "Panch Shabad", which merges our souls in that True Sahib, Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

So the experience of that lady is to inspire and give us fuel to move even more forward and upper, to Sach Khand. Sach Khand Vaseh Nirankar. From that Sach Khand, comes the Amrit Bani, which is also the real Amritasr, where the soul bathes in, and gets pure completely, to be able to merge in Akal Purukh. When Wahiguru was in the begining only, what languages were there? what castes, colors or creeds were there? Only He and His creative energy, or consciousness (Nam) existed, and that Nam is what our Gurus teach us of to do jaap, and become one with it.

• 2 weeks later...

The following story is dedicated to all the posters in this topic who have posted here but not in the Sri Mool Mantar Jaap thread.

One day Professor Harbans Singh Ji decided to visit Sant Baba Attar Singh Ji. After Professor Harbans Singh Ji had paid his respects to Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj he went and began to speak to Sant Baba Attar Singh Ji.

He looked at Sant Ji and noticed a glow radiating from Sant Ji’s entire body. He then said, “O saint of saints how can we become like you?” Sant Ji smiled and said, “All of you are like me. You all have two hands, two legs, and a face. All of us are the same dear Gursikh.”

Professor Harbans Singh Ji thought for a moment and then said, “Yes Sant Ji we are all similar physically but please be merciful and tell us how to attain a spiritual status like yours which is unmatched throughout this world.”

“Dear Gursikh, get up early in the morning and take a bath. Then repeat the holy words of Akaal Purakh”, Sant Ji replied.

Professor Harbans Singh Ji listened to Sant Ji’s answer and then said, “But Sant Ji if after getting up early in the morning we still feel sleepy what should we do then?”

Sant Ji in a loud voice said, “Sikhs of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj if you feel sleepy when your Guru calls wash your face with water once again.”

Professor Harbans Singh Ji nodded his head and asked once again, “But what happens if we feel sleepy even after washing our face for the second time.”

Sant Ji smiled and explained, “Recite the words of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj as loudly as you can. If they don’t keep you up then nothing will.”

Professor Harbans Singh Ji then asked Sant Ji, “After doing all of this what will happen to us?”

Sant Baba Attar Singh Ji said, “Instead of asking me this question why don’t you do it and find out for yourself?”