Why Should We Recite Sri Mool Mantar Sahib?

Akaal Purakh Di Fauj

• 9 months later...
Guest kirandeep

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh. I love this post. Please make a Facebook page for the whole world to see, this is brilliant to read the power of bani. May Maharaj bless you all with naam.

Gurpreet kaur - nothing can come near you whilst reciting mool mantar my dear. What makes you think people haven't committed suicide in your own country?

Recite mool mantar continously.

• 4 weeks later...

This is my own personal story when I was 10 years of age.

I used to visit our neighbours opposite the road to play int he evenings. These were cousins living together so altogether - there were about 7 of us and a beautifully wide place to play hide and seek. On this particular occasion - I decided to hide behind the house and the fence had just been trimmed. We wore rubber slippers and there was a big huge sharp thorn which I stepped on in my frenzy. I cried out and screamed and was in tears and the game was called to an end. Everyone tried pulling the thorn out to no avail. Was I doomed or what?

We had to go to my home. I was limping and the whole gang of kids came with me. My mum was busy frying something on the gas so she could not stop and devote a minute to me. I think she did not even know what had happened. My dad had his head buried in the bonnet of his car and could not stop - maybe he did not even know what had happened because I always turned to my mum first. He may have thought the matter would be sorted out. There was not much communication between them both. So no one asked me what was wrong with me.

So I sat down with my group of friends. The thorn was completely lodged in and would not budge even a little. I was in total distress. We were all giving up when one of my friends ( they were Hindus) said to me - take God's name - maybe it may help.

In my frenzied mind I could only think of Mool mantar. My mum had taught me that and told me to repeat it. I did it when I was scared of anything. I had had enough of this shame. I felt so shy being the centre of all this attention from everyone especially the boys. I did not feel good sitting there crying in front of all my friends. Shutting my eyes - My focus was all on the words of the Mool mantar and my hands on the thorn. In fact I had only reached karta purakh... I did not even finish the Mool mantar when the thorn miraculously came out. It was as if another hand just pulled it out.

I was recently narrating my experience to someone of little faith. All they could say is perhaps my bodily nerves all relaxed when I said the mool mantar and the thorn came out. (So why are other words not able to relax our bodies as much)

If only the first words of the mool mantar can relax the body enough to pull out a thorn then what would the whole mool mantar do?

Mool mantar is the name of God. Let us say it over and over again with full concentration. Forget the counting and devote time - that is one hour or 2 hours to the continuous recitation of mool mantar. We should not count that we said it this lakhs of times and these lakhs of times. That is ego, in my opinion. Let us aim to keep reciting it forever and ever, over and over again.

Another experience was later on the next year. The teacher punished us all to go and kneel on the tarmac in the blazing hot sun in the afternoon and keep our hands straight up. It was hard. We had been making noise. Our hands kept slipping down. This is when I thought of mool mantar. When I said the mool mantar - the teacher looked out of the window and that is the time when I suddenly got the urge to raise my hands and keep them straight up. A message was sent with the names of those who had been keeping their hands straight up to return to the classroom. I was one of them, the others remained there.

The mool mantar had saved me once again.

This is my own personal story when I was 10 years of age.

I used to visit our neighbours opposite the road to play int he evenings. These were cousins living together so altogether - there were about 7 of us and a beautifully wide place to play hide and seek. On this particular occasion - I decided to hide behind the house and the fence had just been trimmed. We wore rubber slippers and there was a big huge sharp thorn which I stepped on in my frenzy. I cried out and screamed and was in tears and the game was called to an end. Everyone tried pulling the thorn out to no avail. Was I doomed or what?

We had to go to my home. I was limping and the whole gang of kids came with me. My mum was busy frying something on the gas so she could not stop and devote a minute to me. I think she did not even know what had happened. My dad had his head buried in the bonnet of his car and could not stop - maybe he did not even know what had happened because I always turned to my mum first. He may have thought the matter would be sorted out. There was not much communication between them both. So no one asked me what was wrong with me.

So I sat down with my group of friends. The thorn was completely lodged in and would not budge even a little. I was in total distress. We were all giving up when one of my friends ( they were Hindus) said to me - take God's name - maybe it may help.

In my frenzied mind I could only think of Mool mantar. My mum had taught me that and told me to repeat it. I did it when I was scared of anything. I had had enough of this shame. I felt so shy being the centre of all this attention from everyone especially the boys. I did not feel good sitting there crying in front of all my friends. Shutting my eyes - My focus was all on the words of the Mool mantar and my hands on the thorn. In fact I had only reached karta purakh... I did not even finish the Mool mantar when the thorn miraculously came out. It was as if another hand just pulled it out.

I was recently narrating my experience to someone of little faith. All they could say is perhaps my bodily nerves all relaxed when I said the mool mantar and the thorn came out. (So why are other words not able to relax our bodies as much)

If only the first words of the mool mantar can relax the body enough to pull out a thorn then what would the whole mool mantar do?

Mool mantar is the name of God. Let us say it over and over again with full concentration. Forget the counting and devote time - that is one hour or 2 hours to the continuous recitation of mool mantar. We should not count that we said it this lakhs of times and these lakhs of times. That is ego, in my opinion. Let us aim to keep reciting it forever and ever, over and over again.

Another experience was later on the next year. The teacher punished us all to go and kneel on the tarmac in the blazing hot sun in the afternoon and keep our hands straight up. It was hard. We had been making noise. Our hands kept slipping down. This is when I thought of mool mantar. When I said the mool mantar - the teacher looked out of the window and that is the time when I suddenly got the urge to raise my hands and keep them straight up. A message was sent with the names of those who had been keeping their hands straight up to return to the classroom. I was one of them, the others remained there.

The mool mantar had saved me once again.

Lovely experience ?