Khalsa Desi Tea

Guest .

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something called khalsa desi tea? I didn't know that.

There is so little I know, I figure out everyday. have been learning a lot from this forum.

What are the ingredients anyways, is it something containing saunf ajwain, soye etc. without the red label/lipton/taza tea ( I mean caffiene) in it.

There are different kind of yogi teas avaialable here in USA, I am sure in UK as well, which are supposed to be based on different leaves, not necessarily caffiene containing leaves.

Khalsa is supposed to cut down on tea consumption. makes you amli :-)) unless its based on caffiene free leaves.

not available there , gimme address in pm to get from here in india,

my pleasure to serve the sangat

waheguroo thanks for the offer but someone i know is going india next week so ill get them to bring some back. thanks for offering though.

Khalsa is supposed to cut down on tea consumption. makes you amli :-)) unless its based on caffiene free leaves.

i dont take caffiene. khalsa tea is completely natural.

http://www.khalsaherbals.com/herbal-tea.htm

Khalsa tea is an amazing drink! it contains absolutely no 'tea' so the name is kinda misleading. Basically its got all sorts of herbs, banaksha and what not. When you boil it in water it releases a nice pink colour unlike chaa which gets black because of nicotine and all that addictive crap. Its very good for health too, helps soothe sore throats and other such problems.. but best part is it tastes heavenly!!! :D

Khalsa tea is an amazing drink! it contains absolutely no 'tea' so the name is kinda misleading. Basically its got all sorts of herbs, banaksha and what not. When you boil it in water it releases a nice pink colour unlike chaa which gets black because of nicotine and all that addictive crap. Its very good for health too, helps soothe sore throats and other such problems.. but best part is it tastes heavenly!!! :D

Do you just boil in water or do you have to add milk like you do when making tea...

I had it in india once and really want to experience it again. I didnt ask how to make it back then though

Do you just boil in water or do you have to add milk like you do when making tea...

I had it in india once and really want to experience it again. I didnt ask how to make it back then though

Yeah, just do the way you would do your tea - boil water, add sugar and khalsa tea to it. Let it boil for about couple of mins, then add milk to it and bring it to boil again :) Just dont drink it too much during summers tho as its bit 'hot' in taseer..

To the original poster: veerji/phenji im sure you can buy it from any good desi grocery shop. Just ask around, its not that hard to find :) Although its more commonly known as plain 'Desi Cha', so try that if you find storekeeper looking weirdly at you :p

Guest pendu

i herd this was a very popular drink in the pind, i wud hv thought that it wud have been abit simpler than the one on that site, is that like a special health version or sumthing? is there a recipe for a simpler one, like with milk etc?

JUST BOIL IT IN SOME WATER & mix in milk or take it plain with honey

take it any way(even can mix in normal tea )it is best for health cures

common cold cough , soothes throat .

Those addicted to tea can try green or olong leaf tea ( it is unprocessed

so has very little caffeine , no tannin ( real health culprit in tea), a good

source of anti oxidants , if not boiled in Indian way it is too kind of

health drink .

In India we also have hari Chai, which is leaves of some kind of grass

growing in jungles, with very nice aroma and no addictive elements

if someone gets it , should try as it is said to have medicinal qualities.

For desi or Khalsa chai, we can have , dalchini , moti ilaichi,

banafsha, kali mirch, sundh(dry ginger ) lovang ( optional) app 10gm each

mixed with 75-100gms of saunf , quantity can be changed to taste

to be pounded to powder and used Some ppl add rose petals too ,

in winter can add kesar also . in facy every body has their own recipe

as per personal choice.