Caste

Kara

Caste has no place in Sikhism.

Sikhism rejects the idea of being bound to your ancestors trade/life-style/fate... Therefore, these social divisions of Khatri, Rajput, Jatt, Chamar etc have no place among Sikhs.

Caste is a product of Hindu ideology and belongs only to the Hindus.

If you call yourself a "Jatt Sikh" or a "Tarkhan Sikh" etc, you are contradicting yourself and are openly defying your religion.

Those who identify with a Hindu caste should consider what is better:

A) To live a contradicting, hypocritical life and spit on your own religion or:

B) To become a Hindu and engage in casteism as much as your heart desires.

Jiyo,

Jahan veer,

It seems like you have given words to my views. I have also read and loved your views on casteism on a different website (some sikh friendship site). After reading that post there you generated a lot of respect from me.

I have also been very vocal against casteism. And have been using a pseudonym of SIKH SINGH on many websites etc. since many years just to emphasise that a SIKH is only a SIKH and his last surname shouldn't be a casteist surname.

A Sikh is a Sikh whether he has Mongoloid Features or Arabic Lineage.

I beli

eve that HUMAN EQUALITY that Gurus preached loses its meaning when we Sikhs resort to caste system.

I have written much against caste system but right now I want to say that this is the third time and second forum where i am seeing you raising this issue. It reflects that you understand what Sikhism basically stands for. Keep it up.

Even I was born into a so called "high caste" but i denounced and rejected it the moment i understood Sikhism's stand on Human Equality.

But i also know of a few good Sikh youngmen and women who talk a lot of good things about Sikhism but still can't come out of this casteist crap. Or may be they are bound in it due to parental or family pressure. I think shunning the caste system is the first step that one could take in becoming a Sikh. I will urge everyone here to shun the caste sytem and stop taking pride in it.