Kalki Avtar

Lol well Guru Gobind Singh Ji says Kalki avtar will eventually become corrupt so although he will usher in Satyug on earth, we need to keep following Gurbani and the Guru, remember Kalki avtar wil be an incarnation of Vishnu and not god himself or a Satguru.

Oh, okay so he definitely won't be a Satguru (in the Sikhi sense of the word) then? That's good news. I was getting worried for a moment.

I'm assuming not although he will be very pious and sent by the one Lord to spread Satyug so we should probably listen to his initial teachings.

I would imagine his teachings will be be similar to those of our Gurus and would root out any rituals that mainstream sikhs have incorporated into sikhi. If god sent him down I'm sure he'll want us to listen to him at least initially until his ego expands. When his ego expands I'm sure Gurmukhs will realise.

I think we just need to make sure we serve god, not ego. Even with our gurus, we served the jyot within them as with the sants in Gurbani. Before their jyots ere lit (the sants) they were regular people(obv with an incredibly blessed destiny) so it is the light of god that we serve, the Truth and nothing else.

After their Jyots were lit they became Truth so were in essence god themselves, not just teachers.

As singhstah has stated, Chaubis avtar is a composition that has been taken from Hindu puranas

by Guru sahib. He has added his input also interspersed in the text for example Yudh parbandh

in Krishna avtar is not found in puranas and is totally new.

There is a long invocation by Guru Sahib in the beginning of Chaubis avtar. One should not

forget to read that otherwise one will not interpret chaubis avtars correctly.

Guru sahib writes in invocation

ਜੋ ਚਉਬੀਸ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਕਹਾਏ ॥

जो चउबीस अवतार कहाए ॥

Those who are called twenty-four incarnations;

ਤਿਨ ਭੀ ਤੁਮ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤਨਿਕ ਨ ਪਾਏ ॥

तिन भी तुम प्रभ तनिक न पाए ॥

O Lord ! they even could not realise thee in a small measure;

ਸਭ ਹੀ ਜਗ ਭਰਮੇ ਭਵ ਰਾਯੰ ॥

सभ ही जग भरमे भव रायं ॥

They became kings of the world and got deluded;

ਤਾ ਤੇ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਅੰਤ ਕਹਾਯੰ ॥੭॥

ता ते नाम बिअंत कहायं ॥७॥

Therefore they were called by innumerable names.7.

Chaubis avtar, Dasam Granth

Guru sahib writes about Vishnu

ਚੌਪਈ ॥

चौपई ॥

CHAUPAI

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾਦਿਕ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਪਚਹਾਰੇ ॥

ब्रहमादिक सभ ही पचहारे ॥

Brahma and others have got tired in knowing Thy end;

ਬਿਸਨ ਮਹੇਸ੍ਵਰ ਕਉਨ ਬਿਚਾਰੇ ॥

बिसन महेस्वर कउन बिचारे ॥

Who are the helpless gods Vishnu and Shiva?

ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰ ਜਿਨਿ ਕਰੇ ਬਿਚਾਰਾ ॥

चंद सूर जिनि करे बिचारा ॥

The sun and moon also meditate on Thee;

ਤਾ ਤੇ ਜਨੀਯਤ ਹੈ ਕਰਤਾਰਾ ॥੧੪॥

ता ते जनीयत है करतारा ॥१४॥

Therefore Thou art known as the Creator.14.

Chaubis avtar, Dasam Granth

So in Chaubis avtar of Dasam Granth Guru sahib is paying tributes Akal purakh only.

Bhaji, when an Avtar comes of course there will be people who will oppose him, look at when Guru Ji's came to this earth many did not recognise them. Guru Nanak Dev Ji's father did not recognise the divine being within his midst. BUT like a shining diamond an Avatars parkash cannot be denied and there will be masses who will folck to their side.

Modern day has nothing to do with it. In gurbani there is mention of "Babaan" which are like flying vehicels that are so fast that in a blink of an eye they can take you thousands of miles. Science has no clue of this, yet in the life-after these are used as the norm.

When Kalki Avatar comes pure people will flock to him and he will sort out the half-baked ,the pakhandi, the ege-filled, whether they use modern technology, who knows?

They say it is going to get really really bad, mothers will have no qualms sleeping with their sons, and fathers with their daughters - this is already happening when you read these horrific news reports.

Wow, can you please provide a source for these Babaan please. That is so interesting. Makes me wonder if these are ufos being mentioned.

Thanks

Interesting enough, When I was learning about the Bible in my Theology class, we came across the Book of Revelations and the description of their "savior" and I have go to admit, it was very very similar to the Kalki avtaar. This is also stated in the Quran (I believe). Its interesting to know how we can have soo many similarites about the belief of the end of the world, or the end of the yug as we interpret it.

Interesting enough, When I was learning about the Bible in my Theology class, we came across the Book of Revelations and the description of their "savior" and I have go to admit, it was very very similar to the Kalki avtaar. This is also stated in the Quran (I believe). Its interesting to know how we can have soo many similarites about the belief of the end of the world, or the end of the yug as we interpret it.

I have an unhealthy fascination with 'End of the World' predictions / theories. :D I find it amusing how the three semitic religions believe that the 'saviour' will be allied to their particular faith. I wonder which (if any) of them will be correct.

On a more serious note, I've read over the years that the 'saviour' who will initially reveal himself to be 'The One' will not actually be the true prophet. This impostor will entrance the world, and although he will speak the language of peace, love and harmony, he will in-fact be completely the opposite. Millions will flock to his banner but he will not be who he says. I'd be interested if Sikhi has any mention of this so-called deception.