5 replies to this topic

#1 11Gurus1Jot

11Gurus1Jot

Raam Ramaa Raamaa Gun Gaao

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

Which oil is at the top of the Charts at the moment? Which oil is best for your beard? Is it:

• Mustard Oil
  • Coconut Oil
  • Alma Oil
  • Olive Oil
  • Baby Oil.
  • Castor Oil
  • or another one altogether?

I'm know this topic has been discussed before but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what's considered to be the best nowadays? Which one is best for health hair?

#2 Gurukameet

Gurukameet

Hamray Avgun Bohuth Bohuth Hai(n)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

The best oil for hair is coconut oil and mustard oil as they are both natural oils and have healing properties, especially, coconut oil as it is anti-fungal and gives a very smooth finish, mustard oil again is excellent, if you put it on the night before, and wash out in the morning, hair is really soft and beautiful, the issue of smell is not problem, if you put it on the night before and wash out in the morning.

The other oils are artificial and will only over the surface of the hair and not penetrate hair. I do not know much about alma oil, but the varieties you get on the market have other chemicals in them, so it is not 100% natural. I just put a dash of olive oil in my older sons hair after washing and my younger son, I put coconut oil as it is prone to tangles.

Would keep away from artifiical beard fixers, because you get older the beard will turn 'yellow'.

Hope it helps
ieks kw min Awsrw ieko pRwx ADwru ]
eikas kaa man aasaraa eiko praan adhhaar ||
The One is the Support of the mind; the One is the Support of the breath of life.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji Siree Raag 45

#3 11Gurus1Jot

11Gurus1Jot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:49 PM

The best oil for hair is coconut oil and mustard oil as they are both natural oils and have healing properties, especially, coconut oil as it is anti-fungal and gives a very smooth finish, mustard oil again is excellent, if you put it on the night before, and wash out in the morning, hair is really soft and beautiful, the issue of smell is not problem, if you put it on the night before and wash out in the morning.

The other oils are artificial and will only over the surface of the hair and not penetrate hair. I do not know much about alma oil, but the varieties you get on the market have other chemicals in them, so it is not 100% natural. I just put a dash of olive oil in my older sons hair after washing and my younger son, I put coconut oil as it is prone to tangles.

Would keep away from artifiical beard fixers, because you get older the beard will turn 'yellow'.

Hope it helps

Great help!

Many thanks!

#4 Sarbat da Pala

Sarbat da Pala

Har Har Jan Duee Ayk Hai(n) Bib Bichar Kachh Naahi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

I can just suggest you to use Livon Oil. But it's very expensiv but for darri the best.

#5 11Gurus1Jot

11Gurus1Jot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

I can just suggest you to use Livon Oil. But it's very expensiv but for darri the best.

Thanks! Will try that too! Will use sparringly as it's expensive!

#6 Sikhistan

Sikhistan

Mere Mun Prem Lago Har Theer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

I use j&j baby oil when needed.. icant bear the smell of some of the indian oils..

Also, is oil really important for hair and dhari? I have oily skin, so I use oil on monthly basis...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users