Bbc Asian Network In Trouble Over Holy Prophet Comments

SikhWorldTv

A London organisation promoting peace and harmony has issued the BBC Asian Network a legal notice over offensive comments made by a guest on Nihal's show earlier this month.Peaceful Arts Association Limited has accused the Nihal discussion show aired on Tuesday 1st February of insulting the Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and allegedly inciting religious hatred.

The 101-page legal notice includes a transcript of the show, plus mentions of Guramit Singh, a spokesman for the EDL (English Defence League) who as the organisation says said some "hurtful, derogatory, blasphemous and racially hateful offensive remarks".

After speaking out, Peaceful Arts Association points out that the presenter remained quiet until one of the callers intervened and stopped Guramit Singh from continuing. The caller said, ""Can I just stop you there. I think you are now making a derogatory remark about Islam and I'm surprised the BBC hasn't cut the thing out."

The legal notice says that despite allowing Guramit Singh to make "insulting and horrible remarks" against the Holy Prophet Muhammad, Nihal allowed the show to go on as normal. He failed to cut off Guramit Singh when he should have done and further more failed to bring the racist debate targeting Muslims and Islam to an end. It further adds that the BBC is responsible for all his actions, and owes a duty of care to the listeners.

The organisation has proposed the station to close down over its "fundamental error of editorial judgment". Even though the organisation accepted that Nihal made an apology on the radio on behalf of EDL's Guramit Singh, it said that he should have been taken off the show much sooner than he did.

BizAsia.co.uk attempted to contact the BBC Asian Network about this story but did not receive a response in time of filing this article

http://media247.co.u...a_network_i.php

I have uploaded this story because of the many attacks Sikhi has suffered on this programme but not one Sikh organisation has done such a superb job as this group have in complaining with such force.

The gora establishment have got good reason to be scared of sullay. Someone may bomb their a55 for causing offence. On the other hand we are like their easily controlled useful pets of choice.

Plus, if anything, doing a stunt like this only increases Sikh-Muslim friction to take the heat off the country and redirect it towards us. This itself has an old precedent in the divide and conquer strategy.

This Peaceful Arts Association Limited (Very Cunning Name) Works For Islam Agenda. The UK Government And All Governments Better Address The Cunning Tactics Of The Islamists And Put A Stop To Them NOW !!! The Islamists Speak Ill Of ALL Other Faiths !! And They Are Taught To Make Sure To Speak Ill Of Other Faiths But To Make Sure To Put A Stop To Anyone Speaking Up Against Islamists !!! Even If They Say Facts !!! For Example: Did Mohammed Marry A Baby Girl When He Was An Old Man? The Answer Is YES. In Today’s Language, Is That Called A Pedophile? The Answer Is YES. Does Islam Promote Killing Of Non Muslims? The Answer Is YES? In Today’s Language Is That Called A Terrorist? The Answer Is YES. Have Islamists Raped And Killed People In UK, US And Other Parts Of The World? The Answer Is YES! Were The Islamists Following Their Religion? The Answer Is YES. FACTS!

This Peaceful Arts Association Limited (Very Cunning Name) Works For Islam Agenda. The UK Government And All Governments Better Address The Cunning Tactics Of The Islamists And Put A Stop To Them NOW !!! The Islamists Speak Ill Of ALL Other Faiths !! And They Are Taught To Make Sure To Speak Ill Of Other Faiths But To Make Sure To Put A Stop To Anyone Speaking Up Against Islamists !!! Even If They Say Facts !!! For Example: Did Mohammed Marry A Baby Girl When He Was An Old Man? The Answer Is YES. In Today’s Language, Is That Called A Pedophile? The Answer Is YES. Does Islam Promote Killing Of Non Muslims? The Answer Is YES? In Today’s Language Is That Called A Terrorist? The Answer Is YES. Have Islamists Raped And Killed People In UK, US And Other Parts Of The World? The Answer Is YES! Were The Islamists Following Their Religion? The Answer Is YES. FACTS!

Wjkk Wjkf.

Its true what you say. The only thing I disagree with is Guramit Singh saying these things. There's no need for him to say it. Even though he is not representing Sikhs, inevitably he will be seen by the sullaahs as a Sikh voice.

Imagine tomorrow they slander our Guru's live on radio, they would justify it as a fair shout. We'd have war on our hands.

As a koum, we wasted a lot of blood fighting other peoples battles. I believe groups like the EDL, as well as the general media are exposing UK's Muslims for what they are. We had to do it in that past to protect our community. Now that the gorea have seemingly woken up, we no longer need to be on the front.

We need to learn the game of politics because thats how we lost out in the past. No army Could have defeated Shere-e-Panjab Maharaja Ranjit Singh, with generals like Hari Singh Nalwa. But our lack of politically experience and naivety messed us up. Repeated again when goreh left, we were under represented. We Lost out on our homeland at least 3 times due to political naivety.

As UK Sikhs, we need to be articulate, know when to make noise, when to sit quiet. Most of all be united to the outside world.

I find it shameful when we have Guramit Singh shouting bakwaas on one side, and the jokers of the Turban campaign "representing Sikhs" yes, all FIVE of them cussing each other in front of the world's media. These guys holding a banner saying "Sikhs fighting fascism since 1699" lol, who was the first battles with? yes Militant Islam.

All these jokers were no where to be seen in the past or during a genuine panthic issue. Now doing our besti, running their mouths to please cheering crowds of air heads.

Seriously, we need to fix up.

Guramit Does Not Speak For The Sikh Voice, Okay That’s Fine. But He Doesn’t Have To Be Condemned For Speaking His Voice!

And Them Slandering Guroo Sahibs ‘LATER’!! LOL !! WAKE UP !! THEY DO NOTHING BUT ATTACK SIKHI AND SIKHS INCLUDING IN THE UK FOR THE PAST 25+ YEARS !!!

That’s Exactly What I’m Saying! EDL Is Speaking Up Against The Very Real Evils Of Islamists! DON’T STOP THEM !!!

How Stupid To Speak Up Against EDL Who Are Specifically Speaking Up Against The REAL EVILS Of Islam That Are HAPPENING IN REAL TIME !!!

EXACTLY! Be Articulate And Wise! LET EDL SPEAK UP AGAINST THE REAL THREATS AND EVILS OF EXTREME ISLAM THAT ARE HAPPENING IN REAL TIME !!!

Guramit Is Speaking Up Against Real Concerns !!! TURBAN CAMPAIGN IS ONLY STREGHTENING OSAMA BIN LADENS DIRTY TURBAN !! Guramit Doesn’t Necessarily Speak For All Sikhs! OKAY! BUT TURBAN CAMPAIGN NEEDS TO SHUT UP !!!

Well said BLOOM Ji.

In may 2004, a muslim girl phoned the BBC and called Satguru Nanak Sahib Ji a "shaytan" (devil)...... although the presenter, our very own sonia deol akhnowledged this was wrong, she did not cut the caller off, instead they cut off a sikh guy who phoned the show and complained live on air.... at this point... the muslim girl was still alllowed to share and air her view points.

Action was only taken because Muslims make up the largest UK minority group... Muslims make up the majority of the 'Asian' community, Muslims have representation on both a national and international basis, and muslims take the time to complain in mass numbers.

when racist remarks about sikhs are made this is the response we get from our sangat:

more info on bbc's anti sikh agenda can be found here:

Wjkk Wjkf

I disagree with supporting Guramit Singh. He may have the right intentions, but his speeches are just pathetic. muslims burn in hell etc etc.

Where was he when we rallied down the streets? where was his speeches then when we had to protect our own daughters and community, when the goreh and Gurdwaras distanced themselves from us, even grassed us?

His knowledge and ability to portray real issues is non existent. To me it seems that it suits EDL's agenda to have a non-white face as they are trying to portray themselves as a non fascist group. I don't think a white guy with his intelligence would have been made a leader. he's a puppet

You don't need to convince me of the dangers we faced, facing now, will face. We've been banging this drum for many years.

But like it or not Guramit Singh, be it unwillingly, is a Sikh voice of EDL. Thats why we're even talking about him now.

Why wasnt he speaking when the likes of SP were going round preaching these problems, when Mohan Singh Khalsa SAS was uniting daughters with parents from pervert pakiz? When Amritdhari Girls were going missing from college?

We can agree with EDL on many issues, yes, but we do not need to represent them. If Guramit Singh cares enough about this issue, join SP, (stall 2moro Bebe Nanaki Gurdwara 6pm), join lion heartz movement, SAS, Singhrow. Who have been going round Guru Ghars for years, preaching the same things.

You talk about cunningness of the sullaahs, the gorea are just the same. Users and abusers.

One thing we must learn from history is not to trust anyone, stick strong within the Panth, don't be anyone else's cannon fodder. fight our own battles. Be smart and united. Panth first all the time.

Agreed, "turban campaign" are silly jokers. his speech on youtube (luton rally), "Guramit, we're coming for you!!" don't make me laugh

You talk about cunningness of the sullaahs, the gorea are just the same. Users and abusers.

I fully agree with you brother.

Now do the right thing and remove their flag from your avatar.

Plus best way to deal with Guramit is for a blanket portrayal of him as a weirdo renegade who doesn't reflect the majority. Even though people will probably suspect something dodgy when they think that not only does the EDL have someone from a Sikh background in a prominent position, so does the BNP.

Guramit has the subtlety of a drunk elephant in a shop full of delicate china. He is puppet, plain and simple.

But our lot are disgraceful as well (including most Gurdwara committees), seeing as they turned their backs on apnay who tried to highlight this stuff years ago.

What is really shocking is that despite all of this, you will STILL get dumb apneean who will elope with sullay.

We need to acknowledge our own part in this, in that a lot of us must do a crap job of raising our youngsters because so many fall for this type of crap and have done for so long. So let's not just abuse Paks, let's also analyse where we need to adapt and change ourselves (in a realistic manner) to deal with things.

All I know is what has been tried so far has been inadequate or largely unsuccessful.

Plus best way to deal with Guramit is for a blanket portrayal of him as a weirdo renegade who doesn't reflect the majority.

Yea! and make us look even more stupid and divided. The majority of Sikh youth sympathise with his views, I know cos we've done stands from Southampton to Glasgow raising the same issue.

Singh's have already spoken to him to change his approach.

DalSingh if anyone is part of a weirdo renegade its people like you, jumping from camp to camp, changing views every 2 minutes,using disgusting hindu style santa banta ridicules in a Sikh forum. Go have a nap mate

Mate I've been consistent for a long time.

The reason so many symphathise with his views (btw) is that the majority of the UK sangat never took the advice from years back about raising the boys up to be able to handle themselves. Hence you've got a lot of disempowered/giddarh people who are jumping on the back of EDL goray whom they see as being able to defend themselves. These guys are only good for office work if anything. So be real, and acknowledge that failure on our part. Plus we had that whole thing of "Oh no, they aren't Sikh girls they are Panjabi girls, who cares what happens to them."

Anyway look whose talking about confused. On one hand you diss the goray on the other you fly their flag???? confused.com or what. Plus I told you before - you insult Sarabha's name by joining it with the flag of the people that killed him. Talk about baffled. Why the hell would anyone do that?

Anyway instead of bickering amongst ourselves tell your mates to tell him (Guramit) to leave his lager white lout mates to it. And to the rest of you clowns. If you are too scared to confront sullay without lagered up white boys, you should have the sense to keep your mouth shut and head down.

Besides we do need to ask where we go wrong in child raising seeing as so many apneean are so 'easy' (as they put it).

I know this is an uncomfortable and even horrible question to face, but we have to ask it nonetheless.