Christians In Punjab

If someone understands Sikhi, they could blow these missionaries away. Dharmic religions are light years ahead of Abrahamic faiths.

Very true. Although we have our differences with the Hindus, Buddhism, Jains but they are much better than the Abrahamic faiths. The amount of death, destruction and suffering caused by the Abrahamic faiths is huge. A Sikh who is knowledgeable in Sikhi and has done comparative study of other religions can never loose a debate. The Sikh Dharm is a flawless faith.

The Abrahamic faiths are a *removed*. They all believe that the world is 6000 years old. I asked a Muslim if the world is only 6000 years old then what about the dinosaurs? He said the dinosaurs are just a conspiracy and that ppl planted the bones :)

The thing that really bothers me about these faiths is that they believe if you do not believe in their religion you will be going to this place called hell where you will burn forever. What about people who have never heard of these religions, such as remote tribes in the Amazon? What about babies who die? Do they go to heaven or hell?

These are very simple religions and also violent. The bible is just as violent as the Koran but the 'Christians' don't follow it as closely as the Muslims follow the Koran.

The Abrahamic religions were of their time, that's how Muslims excuse their prophet marrying a 6 year old. They say things were different back then. Sikhi was ahead of it's time and is timeless. It is kind, it doesn't say it's ok to hit your wife or kill non believers.

If Jesus was god then why did he suffer when being tortured? Guru Arjun didn't even wince when being boiled alive. The same is also true about Banda Singh Bahadur whose torture was viewed and written about by members of the British East India company.

Also the SGGS was written directly by the gurus, who knows who wrote the bible and Koran, it sure wasn't Jesus or Mohammed.

The problems Sikhi faces is the backward Punjabi/Indian culture. The preference of boys over girls, the caste system, the rampant corruption. This culture will hold back Sikhs and all Indians regardless of faith.

*Mod Note* Approved, but please remember this rule kindly Ji:

Refrain yourself from writing any derogatory comments on any religion. Any particular practice of a religion can be questioned but must be done so in a respectful and non-offensive manner.

This is terrible, also I read this article about similar thing.

http://www.newtosikhi.com/forum/topics/40-low-caste-sikhs-converted-to-christianity-in-punjab-what-is-yo

This is happening in the UK too. A white Sikh Family down the road, who are in fact third generations sikhs, their daughter has been converted by Christian Missionaries by Brain Washing. It has ripped their family apart, really sad thing to see.

It's not new older faiths i.e Roman Catholics, its the new ones like 7th day adventists.

Bhul Chuf Maaf

WGJKK WGJKF

quoted by, KhalistaniGunMan, on 01 July 2011 - 12:39 AM, said:

'We Worshiped 10 gurus' ...seriously how was she even sikh..she was a ignorant punjabi who converted to Jesus worshiping...there was probably not one ounce of sikhi in her before she started worshipping a man...its funny they can go from worshipping waheguru to worshiping a so called 'avtar' of God...

Would you please explain what you mean there, by Jesus/Christian worshipers , who worship a God called 'avtar'?

And the Sikh worship waheguru , which I think means , wonderful God,or wonderful creator?

Are you saying that, Christians worship a different God?

Thank you

quoted by, KhalistaniGunMan, on 01 July 2011 - 12:39 AM, said:

'We Worshiped 10 gurus' ...seriously how was she even sikh..she was a ignorant punjabi who converted to Jesus worshiping...there was probably not one ounce of sikhi in her before she started worshipping a man...its funny they can go from worshipping waheguru to worshiping a so called 'avtar' of God...

Would you please explain what you mean there, by Jesus/Christian worshipers , who worship a God called 'avtar'?

And the Sikh worship waheguru , which I think means , wonderful God,or wonderful creator?

Are you saying that, Christians worship a different God?

Thank you

Hi Pearl, Christianity believes in Jesus as God and worships Jesus believing he is God while also worshiping his father 'God the creator' and the holy Ghost. Christians believe all 3 of these entities(God, Jesus, Holy Ghost) is God yet still claim to be a monotheistic faith. 3 does not = to 1. 3 can only = to 3.

Sikhs only beleive in one God. In fact our scriptures start off with the word Ik Oankaar which literally means One God. Vaheguru is without any equal, He does not have any partners which we can say are also God.

Yes, I understand where you are coming from. Though I claim to be Christian, I sincerely respect the Sikh religion and I think a lot of their prayers and worship of Waheguru are very powerful and true. And the Gurus are very noble and holy men. I do also find there is a lot of truth in the Christian religion also.

I agree that it is difficult and a mystery to understand the Trinity, God in three , Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I just go by what the Church teaches. The Trinity, as far as I understand is like you say, God, the Father and creator, Jesus, God the Son, and God The Holy Spirit . Jesus being the second part of the Trinity.

Confusing I know, but we don't worship three separate persons, God is one being. But with these three different attributes.

Jesus is God made flesh, was sent to us to reconcile the world back to God the Father and their creator, too free themselves of sin.

In St.John's Gospel, it says, that In the Beginning, was the word,(meaning the wisdom of God) and the word was made man.

If I may copy the text here .

In the beginning was the Word,

the word was with God,

and the word was God.

He was with God in the beginning.

Through Him all things came into being, not one thing came into being exept through him. .

What has come into being in him was life, life that shines in darkness, and darkness could not overpower it.

In the Old Testament , the Word or Wisdom of God is present with God before the world existed and reveals God to the world.

In John's Gospel, he sees the Word-Wisdom in the person of Jesus.

So my dear Sikh friends, the way I understand the Trinity, is similar to the way we are made, we are all made up of three things in one too, Body, Soul, and Spirit.

This is what we mean as three in one being. We are obviously not three different people, nor is God our Creator. He is one being with these three attributes.

• 3 weeks later...

Logically speaking the Christian view on God is more of someone in a human form who gives u one chance and if u blow it u go to hell. In Sikhi after suffering in reincarnation ur back to stage one and can have another shot at trying to be one with God. There are also many other subtle differences. If Jesus is God in Flesh then why is he labelled as son of God? Why did he call himself son of God if he was God in physical flesh? Why is it stated that God created him explicitly? And why did God say the following:

Matthew 3:17 - At Jesus' baptism, the Father spoke from heaven saying, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

Matthew 17:5 - At the Transfiguration the Father again spoke from heaven saying, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." He said this is why we should listen to Jesus. Both of these occasions were witnessed by other people, and in both cases Jesus accepted the statements without objection.

Can we say that God made a mistake? Bible has been miswritten or misinterpreted in this context? Or that God exists in an attribute less, attribute (sargun/nirgun in Sikhi) form?

Is Jesus God himself or an offshoot of God?