Amritdhari Love Marriage

SinghniKaur

Guest tere chaped maaraan

Guys, I'll be nice this time as its a kid sister, and will try in English.

1.) You are 19, that should be enough to answer most of your issues. You are still not fully mature as far as relationships with guys are concerned. Sorry if thats offensive but thats the plain truth.

2.) You are Amritdhari, and its a bit shameful that you would have such a relationship before marriage, especially against the wishes of your parents.

3.) You love him and he loves you.

(3.a.) Do you even know what love is? How much of the world have you seen in 19 years that you could have a clue?

(3.b.) What guarantee do you have that he truly loves you, especially if his presence in your life is turning you against your own parents?

4.) He is 5 years older to you, you both started this "chakkar" 3 years ago when he was 21 and you were 16. So you were an under-age and he should have been arrested.

5.) Its good that you disown caste, but the rotten society (Punjabi, NOT Sikh) that you two were born into does not. Get over it, the sooner you do, the better. Ultimately you both are going to marry someone of your parents's (not your) "caste".

6.) Since your parents are attached to caste system, not only are they psuedo-Amritdharis (if they are Amritdharis to begin with), they will make sure that you marry someone of their (not your) "caste". Again, sorry if this sounds offensive but in course of time you will realize the truth that the world is not a Bollywood movie.

7.) You should be ashamed of yourself for even considering the option to elope away with him. I am sure that would make your and his parents real proud, right? Those who raised you for 19 years, you are ready to trash their honor and devastate them forever just because of someone you know for 3 years? Actually I need to ask you, how can you be so sure in just 3 years that he is the right person you want to be with forever?

So here is my simple 2 cents worth advice, solution, whatever you may want to call it.

a) Begin by feeling REALLY ashamed of yourself. He can and should join you in that as well.

b) Beg forgiveness from Guru Sahib for being Amritdharis and indulging in such a relationship without your parents' knowledge.

c) If your digestion goes bad because you "miss" him, then be daring enough to atleast ask your mother (if not your father for fear of his gandasa) if your folks would even consider someone out of "caste" as your potential Singh. If they say they would look into it, tell them he wants to meet you. If not, buy him a 3 dollar "Good Bye" card from Hallmark and mail it to him.

d) Cry one last time over this "tragedy" if you have to and forget it, its not worth it to keep lingering on.

e) Do 11 Chaupai Sahibs per day for a month and you will feel like nothing ever happened.

f) Come back and say "Thanks" to me for this valuable advice. I have had a really hard time being nice to you in English (trust me, what you read above was nice as compared to my general tone in Punjabi, ask the others to confirm).

Guest people

You said you've been arguing with your parents about caste for 4 yrs?

Have you been with this guy for that long? Because no offence, (ah to hell with it, offence meant!) that sounds beyond wrong, a 15 yr old with a 20 year old?

If not, then WELL DONE to you for wanting to stand up to your parents against their views of caste. Bhagat Ravi Das Ji wass from a so called low Hindu class. Your parents think they are higher and better than him(that is how it is, there are no questions about it).How you feel about that? Doesn't it show you how much Satan has deluded the people in this dark age. Tell your parents that listening to the devil(darkness) is not the answer, they should do the gurmukh thing and abolish their views of caste.

God bless you whatever you do.

Guest savan

Guys, I'll be nice this time as its a kid sister, and will try in English.

1.) You are 19, that should be enough to answer most of your issues. You are still not fully mature as far as relationships with guys are concerned. Sorry if thats offensive but thats the plain truth.

2.) You are Amritdhari, and its a bit shameful that you would have such a relationship before marriage, especially against the wishes of your parents.

3.) You love him and he loves you.

(3.a.) Do you even know what love is? How much of the world have you seen in 19 years that you could have a clue?

(3.b.) What guarantee do you have that he truly loves you, especially if his presence in your life is turning you against your own parents?

4.) He is 5 years older to you, you both started this "chakkar" 3 years ago when he was 21 and you were 16. So you were an under-age and he should have been arrested.

5.) Its good that you disown caste, but the rotten society (Punjabi, NOT Sikh) that you two were born into does not. Get over it, the sooner you do, the better. Ultimately you both are going to marry someone of your parents's (not your) "caste".

6.) Since your parents are attached to caste system, not only are they psuedo-Amritdharis (if they are Amritdharis to begin with), they will make sure that you marry someone of their (not your) "caste". Again, sorry if this sounds offensive but in course of time you will realize the truth that the world is not a Bollywood movie.

7.) You should be ashamed of yourself for even considering the option to elope away with him. I am sure that would make your and his parents real proud, right? Those who raised you for 19 years, you are ready to trash their honor and devastate them forever just because of someone you know for 3 years? Actually I need to ask you, how can you be so sure in just 3 years that he is the right person you want to be with forever?

So here is my simple 2 cents worth advice, solution, whatever you may want to call it.

a) Begin by feeling REALLY ashamed of yourself. He can and should join you in that as well.

b) Beg forgiveness from Guru Sahib for being Amritdharis and indulging in such a relationship without your parents' knowledge.

c) If your digestion goes bad because you "miss" him, then be daring enough to atleast ask your mother (if not your father for fear of his gandasa) if your folks would even consider someone out of "caste" as your potential Singh. If they say they would look into it, tell them he wants to meet you. If not, buy him a 3 dollar "Good Bye" card from Hallmark and mail it to him.

d) Cry one last time over this "tragedy" if you have to and forget it, its not worth it to keep lingering on.

e) Do 11 Chaupai Sahibs per day for a month and you will feel like nothing ever happened.

f) Come back and say "Thanks" to me for this valuable advice. I have had a really hard time being nice to you in English (trust me, what you read above was nice as compared to my general tone in Punjabi, ask the others to confirm).

Hmm I wonder how old the gurus and their wives were when they got married? I'm pretty sure they were mature enough to know what love is.

Guru Nanak was married to Mata Sulakhni at about 19 years of age,

Guru Ramdas was married to Bibi Bhani at the age of 20 years.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji was married to Mata Ganga Ji at the age of 27 years.

Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji was married to Bibi Marwahi,Mata Damodari at the age of 18, and 10 respectively.

Guru Tegh Bahadur was married to Mata Gujri at the age of 13

Guru Gobind Singh Ji was married to Mata Jeeto at the age of 11

Guru Nanak was married to Mata Sulakhni at about 19 years of age,

Guru Ramdas was married to Bibi Bhani at the age of 20 years.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji was married to Mata Ganga Ji at the age of 27 years.

Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji was married to Bibi Marwahi,Mata Damodari at the age of 18, and 10 respectively.

Guru Tegh Bahadur was married to Mata Gujri at the age of 13

Guru Gobind Singh Ji was married to Mata Jeeto at the age of 11

True, but i don't think the people asking the question are anywhere near ready if they are stil asking if they should have a love marriage without the consent of parents.

It is also said that Guru Hargobind was married in about 1610 to Mata Nanaki also known as Mata Marwahi or Mata Mahadevi

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=bibi+marwahi&pbx=1&oq=bibi+marwahi&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=812l2217l0l12l7l0l0l0l0l306l1132l1.2.2.1l6&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=e2cdbf82a93ada0c&biw=1024&bih=653

Guest twuce

Hmm I wonder how old the gurus and their wives were when they got married? I'm pretty sure they were mature enough to know what love is.

Well the Gurus set a huge example to the world of how to balance a householders life with a spiritual life so if they've set an example on how to live life as a householder we should prob take their example. Many people during those times renounced worldly life to sit as hermits etc, but our Gurus they lived lives that were pure whilst being householders. We all have the potential to become Brahmgyanis(same as god), and following a Gurus example isn;t a bad way to go about it.

Guest shame

to the post starter..............people like you are simply a disgrace to amritdharis, you cannot even be considered a khalsa. NO WAY FULLSTOP.

THE KHALSA IS OF HIGH MORALS and dating is not amongst those morals........what made you think it was ok to start dating in the first place????????

there was a time where families would trust their daughters with singhs, because they knew that these singhs were guru gobind singhs ji's sons; but the situation now is all too different.........there a very few amritdharis who do not indulge in such actions......MOST OF THE PARCHARIKS IN THE UK, HAD LOVE MARRIAGES or have fffed about.........so they can never tell any of the youth not to do so, because they will be hypocrites. therefore this lack of parchar has led to a messed up situation where the up and coming youth do not see a problem in dating each other...and do so freely without regret or shame.....WHEN IS THIS <edited> GOING TO STOP....???????/

to the immature couple......you can live your mirza sahiban lifestyle but please DO NOT TARNISH MY FAMILY NAME AND REPUATION BY DATING, INSTEAD LEAVE THE PANTH AND LEAVE THE ROOP THAT YOU HAVE.

BESIDES, THE FACT THAT YOU'VE POSTED ON HERE SHOWS HOW RIDICULOUSLY IMMATURE YOU ARE, AND THAT YOU HAVE LITTLE GIAN, QUITE SIMPLY YOUR FULL OF <edited>!

IT COULD EVEN BE THAT THIS POST IS FAKE AND THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DEFAME SIKHS..........WHO KNOWS...?

IF YOU WANTED TO BE A <edited> THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SO WITHOUT THE KHALSA IDENTITY.

GO ROT IN HELL.

IF PEOPLE THINK THAT I'M BEING EXTREME THEN SO BE IT, I DONT CARE...

Guest Guest

MOST OF THE PARCHARIKS IN THE UK, HAD LOVE MARRIAGES or have fffed about.........so they can never tell any of the youth not to do so, because they will be hypocrites. therefore this lack of parchar has led to a messed up situation where the up and coming youth do not see a problem in dating each other...and do so freely without regret or shame.....WHEN IS THIS <edited> GOING TO STOP....???????/

Completely agree. How sad is it that there are examples from multiple jathebandis now, where even people who have done seva in Amrit Sanchars ( pehradar, even panj pyara) have had, are having, or attempted to have love marriage!!!