Q&A With Sant Jagjit Singh Ji Harkhowal Wale

singh154

difference is one is a actual sant other is not

lol surely paji you would need to be at that avastha of Sant Baba Jagjit Singh ji to know if they were a sant or not or if Baba Bishan Singh ji was, I think you should go have their sangat just once.. if you're in the UK PM me :biggrin2:

Can someone please clarify whether Bhai Jagjit Singh advises peoples to carry out havans (Hindu fire rituals). thanks

Edit: I came across Bhai Jagjit Singh's autobiography and found this, looks like Bhai Ji does promote havans; "Many families started holding havans (holy fire), lighting essence sticks and reciting 33 rosaries of Mool Mantra or reciting 25 Japji Sahibs each day" (Page 46).

Reply to singhstahs post, all you picked up was the light a fire, it's not gonna be a haven, <banned word filter activated>. It's gonna be a jot, and what about the 33 rosaries of mool manter and 25 jap Ji sahibs a day did you not notice him say that. Try that for 40 days and then you will understand what the mahapurakh is talking about.

And for the above long post just a typical akj with no depth of undertanding.

Request to moderators to delete my account I'm sick of this websites negativity, I've tried to do it myself and contact you guy to do it but I'm not that much of a techie, so I can't find a way of doing it, so benti parvaan karni.

Havan is not some cult thing or Hindu thing. It was there in Sikh tradition long back. Even guru gobind singh ji did havan when Shakti was worshipped for Khalsa. Havan is nothing but reciting of Gurbani like CHANDI DI VAAR,SUKHMANI SAHIB,URGARDANTI,CHANDI CHARITAR,ASA DI VAAR, JAPJI sAHIB,Complete ANAND SAHIB in Amritwela(before sunrise) by few Gursikhs infront of SGGSJI or lighting Jot.

But We sikhs donot say."We are doing Havan" but "we are doing Nitnem" Becuase emphasis is on GURBANI recitation and Darshan of SGGSJI nothing else.

"Havan is not some cult thing or Hindu thing. It was there in Sikh tradition long back. Even guru gobind singh ji did havan when Shakti was worshipped for Khalsa. Havan is nothing but reciting of Gurbani like CHANDI DI VAAR,SUKHMANI SAHIB,URGARDANTI,CHANDI CHARITAR,ASA DI VAAR, JAPJI sAHIB,Complete ANAND SAHIB in Amritwela(before sunrise) by few Gursikhs infront of SGGSJI or lighting Jot."

Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj never performed havan or worshipped shakti.

Our 10 Guru Sahiban worshipped sri Akal Purakh who has all shakti/power in his control. Why worship a part of Akal Purakh?

Gurbani advises us to worship by japping naam. To jap Gurmantar is the highest karam as per Gurbani.

Doing havan cannot and will never be equal to reciting Gurbani. Show me one pankti in Guru Granth Sahib ji that havan is the same as reciting Gurbani. Back up your claims with Gurbani. Gurbani is our touchstone. Rituals like havan are not part of Gurmat. Gurmat karams include reciting Gurbani, japping Gurmantar, seva such as langar, ishnan at amritvela...............................................

Rabb Rakhe