Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
guruvah

Beadbi Of Simran

22 posts in this topic

This is VERYYYYY disturbing. The worst part is , no one in the mainstream panth is speaking out againts the manmat practises in 3HO:

Snatam in her "concert" (yes, you pay to get in):

Check out "shakti dance" at 5:30 minute:

Is it just me or did 5:30 of the second video remind me of the Scooby Doo movie where they go to that island/park and everyone there are brainwashed weirdos? lol

Shocking to say the least, not sure what to think or say about it. Gurumustuk posted this on facebook the other day and the comments became very, very heated fast. Same thing when sewadar singh posted pictures showing snatam and other 3ho members doing hindu poojas...

jab lag khhaalasaa rehae niaaraa || thab lag thaej keeo mai(n) saaraa || jab eih gehai biparan kee reeth || mai(n) n karo(n) ein kee pratheeth ||

Direspectful is an understatement! The whole jumping up and down and waving their arms kind of reminds me of when Moses came down from the mountain and found his followers dancing and cheering drunkenly around statue of a golden calf.

300px-GoldCalf.jpg

3 people like this

This idiots make me sick. You think if they'd taken Allah's name they'd be getting away with this sort of major disrespect?? What can we do to stop this though? We're in a mess from top down, everyman just more interested in power/money in SGPC/ Akal Takhat etc.

These 3h0 people need to be shown just how direspectful it is.

It looks weird and i was shocked myself but who are you to use punjabi cultural norms to judge their western behaviour? Obviosly they dont consider it disrespectful, otherwise they would not do it... They are western sikhs, they have other norms of what is disrespectful. Dont turn sikhi into panjabism.... U have no objective source to state what they are doing is wrong, only your own subjective background as a panjabi

1 person likes this

It looks weird and i was shocked myself but who are you to use punjabi cultural norms to judge their western behaviour? Obviosly they dont consider it disrespectful, otherwise they would not do it... They are western sikhs, they have other norms of what is disrespectful. Dont turn sikhi into panjabism.... U have no objective source to state what they are doing is wrong, only your own subjective background as a panjabi

Awsw mhlw 1 ] (350-9)

aasaa mehlaa 1.

Aasaa, First Mehl:

vwjw miq pKwvju Bwau ] (350-9, Awsw, mÚ 1)

vaajaa mat pakhaavaj bhaa-o.

Make your intellect your instrument, and love your tambourine;

hoie An�du sdw min cwau ] (350-9, Awsw, mÚ 1)

ho-ay anand sadaa man chaa-o.

thus bliss and lasting pleasure shall be produced in your mind.

eyhw Bgiq eyho qp qwau ] (350-9, Awsw, mÚ 1)

ayhaa bhagat ayho tap taa-o.

This is devotional worship, and this is the practice of penance.

iequ rMig nwchu riK riK pwau ]1] (350-10, Awsw, mÚ 1)

it rang naachahu rakh rakh paa-o. ||1||

So dance in this love, and keep the beat with your feet. ||1||

pUry qwl jwxY swlwh ] (350-10, Awsw, mÚ 1)

pooray taal jaanai saalaah.

Know that the perfect beat is the Praise of the Lord;

horu ncxw KusIAw mn mwh ]1] rhwau ] (350-10, Awsw, mÚ 1)

hor nachnaa khusee-aa man maah. ||1|| rahaa-o.

other dances produce only temporary pleasure in the mind. ||1||Pause||

squ sMqoKu vjih duie qwl ] (350-11, Awsw, mÚ 1)

sat santokh vajeh du-ay taal.

Play the two cymbals of truth and contentment.

pYrI vwjw sdw inhwl ] (350-11, Awsw, mÚ 1)

pairee vaajaa sadaa nihaal.

Let your ankle bells be the lasting Vision of the Lord.

rwgu nwdu nhI dUjw Bwau ] (350-11, Awsw, mÚ 1)

raag naad nahee doojaa bhaa-o.

Let your harmony and music be the elimination of duality.

iequ rMig nwchu riK riK pwau ]2] (350-12, Awsw, mÚ 1)

it rang naachahu rakh rakh paa-o. ||2||

So dance in this love, and keep the beat with your feet. ||2||

Bau PyrI hovY mn cIiq ] (350-12, Awsw, mÚ 1)

bha-o fayree hovai man cheet.

Let the fear of God within your heart and mind be your spinning dance,

bhidAw auTidAw nIqw nIiq ] (350-12, Awsw, mÚ 1)

bahdi-aa uth-di-aa neetaa neet.

and keep up, whether sitting or standing.

lytix lyit jwxY qnu suAwhu ] (350-13, Awsw, mÚ 1)

laytan layt jaanai tan su-aahu.

To roll around in the dust is to know that the body is only ashes.

iequ rMig nwchu riK riK pwau ]3] (350-13, Awsw, mÚ 1)

it rang naachahu rakh rakh paa-o. ||3||

So dance in this love, and keep the beat with your feet. ||3||

isK sBw dIiKAw kw Bwau ] (350-13, Awsw, mÚ 1)

sikh sabhaa deekhi-aa kaa bhaa-o.

Keep the company of the disciples, the students who love the teachings.

gurmuiK suxxw swcw nwau ] (350-14, Awsw, mÚ 1)

gurmukh sun-naa saachaa naa-o.

As Gurmukh, listen to the True Name.

nwnk AwKxu vyrw vyr ] (350-14, Awsw, mÚ 1)

naanak aakhan vayraa vayr.

O Nanak, chant it, over and over again.

iequ rMig nwchu riK riK pYr ]4]6] (35

0-14, Awsw, mÚ 1)

it rang naachahu rakh rakh pair. ||4||6||

So dance in this love, and keep the beat with your feet. ||4||6||

ang sung 350

U can't use the above tuk to argue that Sikhs can't dance. The tuk is not didactic. We have similiar shabads saying "make Truth your capital" etc, does that mean SIkhs can't work as business partners?? Others say "make X your pen, Y your ink and W your paper". Does that mean SIkhs should'n learn to read???

personally i dont care how they worship waheguru..aslong as their jathabandi is prepared to give blood for the panth...if they are ready to be martyred for righteousness and oppose evil and tyranny with their bodies if need be...however if they are hippie pacifist flower power type pappus...then kick em up the backside and tell em to rejoin 'turn the other cheek' christianity ...sikhi is a path which encourages masculinity and femininity...as long as they are ready to honour the warrior side of the dharam too..then i dont care what they do...if they turn away from the sipahi side..then i will oppose them...

U can't use the above tuk to argue that Sikhs can't dance. The tuk is not didactic. We have similiar shabads saying "make Truth your capital" etc, does that mean SIkhs can't work as business partners?? Others say "make X your pen, Y your ink and W your paper". Does that mean SIkhs should'n learn to read???

Listen to this homie; Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa. http://www.gurmatveechar.com/

Follow this to get to the audio:

audios / Katha / Puratan Katha / Sant Gurbachan Singh (Bhindran wale) / Guru Granth Sahib Larivaar Katha /

Sant ji is very clear and Guru Sahib says no dancing.

Also your comment that the tuk is not didactic is very wrong, listen to Sant ji very carefully and also listen to this homie, Giani Sher Singh ji, forward to 14:00 minutes. The whole katha is full of Bir Rass, but Giani ji speaks specifically to what you said at 14:00 minutes.

Lastly your comment about, make Truth your capital can be looked at if you provide the ang and Shabad to which you are speaking about. We can get Sant ji's Katha on Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and see what a true scholar/beloved/Saint/Soldier has to say.

The crowd is dancing and I bet most of them don't even know waheguru mantar has something to do with sikhism :blink2:

It doesn't even look spiritual , more like people just having fun .. Western people have no idea of dharmic faiths or spirituality . Indian babey or their agents are very good at siphoning money from these gorey and promising them spiritual high , but its just a dhanda to make money !

With so many people in the crowd , imagine how much money these guyz must have made ! With snatam kaur and other gorey sikhs , the whites correlate with them easily .. you know how racist whites are .

Oh well...

At least all that jumping around will stop them getting all mota and khuddoofied like so many Panjabis are these days...

lol@scooby doo dance!

WJKK WJKF

PAgal jehe, ki karde ha......sachi pagal hoge manu lagda.wat th hell they doing? They need to be educated that is not the way sikhi is, but how and who would do it?

They need to be educated that is not the way sikhi is, but how and who would do it?

thats if they "llisten" to you..

thats if they "llisten" to you..

This is true, most of them are so bent on "their yoga ways" that they label you as an uneducated punjabi who knows nothing about Sikhi.

The best thing would be to tackle it at the simplest level and say why this is beadbi so they can understand. Gurbani says the real aarti is that which pleases Waheguru, not false idol worshiping. The same thing with Simran, one needs to have an aim or direction to meet waheguru. You can't be dancing around like a drunkard with no aim.

We should also admit that we have flaws too and we're only telling them so we can help each other out, after all we are all Sikhs. I do think if there's a positive/chardi kalaa approach most people are reasonable enough to listen.

Are these guys any better than are own ragis (AND I'm talking about the top to bottom any ragi, they are all the same, it all about the money) who won't come to your gurdwara unless you pay them a certain amount then they dazzle you mostly with bollywood tunes????Do all sorts of acting on stage to wooo you to give them money on top of what is paid to them.

These guys have grown up a different way, to them this is normal - to us something else is normal.

Just my thoughts...............beadbi is a very strong word, this is happening in our backyard as well, thses guys are no different. Everybody is after money, doesn't matter how they get it.

Are these guys any better than are own ragis (AND I'm talking about the top to bottom any ragi, they are all the same, it all about the money) who won't come to your gurdwara unless you pay them a certain amount then they dazzle you mostly with bollywood tunes????Do all sorts of acting on stage to wooo you to give them money on top of what is paid to them.

These guys have grown up a different way, to them this is normal - to us something else is normal.

Just my thoughts...............beadbi is a very strong word, this is happening in our backyard as well, thses guys are no different. Everybody is after money, doesn't matter how they get it.

Legitimate point about filmy tune kirtan and greed for money.

you took the words right outta my mouth.

I don't really agree that you can label this as beadbi......it seems to me that they are expressing their love for simran....now the first video its pretty obvious that the people in the crowd aren't sikhs but more in tune with the yoga aspects the 3h0 preach and practice. Just because we as punjabis think its wrong culturally does not mean we can dictate how other follow sikhi... BTW speaking of punjabis.... its funny how most punjabis are not in tune with sikhi at all, so i don't think we should start bashing gorey sikhs cause they do things differently. From what ive seen gorey sikhs keep reyhet better than most punjabi sikhs.... maybe we should point the finger at ourselves.

Just because we as punjabis think its wrong culturally does not mean we can dictate how other follow sikhi...

Who can dictate how others follow Sikhi? Obviously their is an authority and the first words of Sri Mool Mantar Sahib tells us there is. Also if you read further into Sri Mool Mantar Sahib, this one authority has given the equal authority to the Guru. Furthermore, the Guru has given this one equal authority to Shabad Guru, where this Guru as made Shabad Guru very clear by Rehat Maryada. Not to add the Guru loves Rehat more than the Sikh. A light should go on for the 'free' loving and i have a personal identity (the above poster uses culture instead) which makes me distinct from others so i don't have to follow Rehat as Guru Sahib gave it to us, Sikhs. And the winner is.......ITS ALL ONE. Please don't classify Sikhi into hippy culture, which these 3HO people came out of, but it looks like they didn't understand, when you give your head by taking Amrit your past lifestyle (in this case hippy, i dance like a flower) is no more. If you look at this from a Gurmat way....the caste system has taken on many different meanings. The old meaning still exist, where people born in one family is lower than people born in a different family. The Brahmin are beating the chamars, the jatts are getting beatings and beating other caste. It's all one big happy family of knocking each other down.....instead of hugging it out they kick, scream, punch and even sometimes if the lower caste is lucky the higher caste might bite you and turn you into a higher caste.

The basis of this caste system is to divide people because my head is bigger than yours. Now let's see where else does such like minded practices exist. Again 'free loving.....Sikhs, the light should be going on. And I know you have the intelligence to get this answer because your mom and dad told you to study first and then learn about Sikhi when your in your 20's. If you continue with your attitudes then you will be the new Dr. IJ Singh....which is all bad news for you. Only teaching you got in your young age of Sikhi is to have nice turban on which will give you many job opportunities and find a good looking wife that likes to do bhangra only at family events. Me on the other hand can't figure out the answer because i'm not intelligent as you and my parents said Sikhi first, so i didn't get a good education. Your higher, I'm lower. The answer, just so it's obvious to the rest of the SIkhs like me....please don't hate us 'free loving.....SIkhs...we take a longer time to find the answer. It's culture mixed with religious practices. The ego really came out of the 3HO when they started their own version of Sikhi. They took their own hippy culture mixed with yoga to define their version of Sikhi. So they are not attaching others to Sikhi, but to their ego, which is recognized as their hippy culture mixed with yoga. The 3HO are just as guilty on dividing people as others are. Rare is the person in the world that will attach a Sikh to Shabad Guru and the Guru's Rehat Maryada.

If Devis were here in the physical form to tell the 'free' loving Sikhs how they recieved the fate of kal and didn't achieve Akaal, then all would be running miles away from 3HO 'Sikhs'. One devi is fooled by Yama and many more like devis and devtas are born and carry on the work of Yama. Now ask yourself, if 3HO would like to be called devta or Devi.