Darbar Sahib head Granthi Gyani Jaswinder Singh ji forgets to read Chaupai Sahib during Sodar Rehraas

Mehtab Singh

My gut feeling says- it was honest mistake. With that being said, there is nothing wrong with some investigation on - literature bhai sahib reads, further vichar with bhai sahib ji to see where bhai sahib ji stands on certain things. We need mossad type surveillance on these things so it sets a precedence to avoid bhausaria mindset hijacking panth again.

GIANI JASWINDER SINGH JI AXED BY SGPC:

NOT A GOOD DECISION

SGPC removes Harmandar Sahib head granthi

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, November 17

The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) executive on

Saturday removed Harmandar Sahib head granthi Jasvinder Singh from

the key post after he skipped "Chaupai Sahib" while performing the

'path' of 'Rehraas Sahib' at the sanctum sanctorum on Thursday evening.

The decision was reached at the SGPC executive committee meeting held

at Gurdwara Sri Degsar Sahib, Katana in Ludhiana. Giani Mal Singh has

been appointed acting head granthi whereas Giani Jagtar Singh

Amritsarwale will be the additional head granthi of the holy shrine.

Though Bhai Jasvinder Singh will continue to work as a granthi at

Harmandar Sahib, he has been barred from performing 'path' at the

time of its live telecast for next six months.

The SGPC executive also decided to open a nursing college at Sri

Anandpur Sahib and Guru Gobind Singh Khalsa College at Bhagta Bhai

area in Bathinda. It has also decided to form a new department to

look after agricultural land of gurdwaras being run by the SGPC.

The executive also gave its nod to complete the paper work of 13.8

acres of land, which has been donated to the SGPC by Deedar Singh

Bains in the USA. The executive approved enhancement in its cancer

funds to help more people fight the dreaded disease. The executive

also decided to open a school for speech and hearing impaired

children in Ludhiana.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2012/20121118/punjab.htm#3

There is nothing to do with the age. Baba Budha ji was the head granthi of darbar sahib too and he was much older than him. Not that you can compare other persons to baba Budha ji but still. That happens if you read bani for duties but not fo building up a life philosophy.

My persnaly belief is, currently is a time where ppl has to work on two different jobs to feed their family. Maybe he is also doing duties somewhere else. Different Gurdwara different Maryadas. Maybe he was doing path at a Gurdwara where they dun read chaupaisahib too.

I agree with Prabhjot Singh that everyone makes mistake and bhai jaswinder singh probably forgot to put full attention to his duties because of being in rush etc.

However, looking at his past history since he took the sewa of head granthi, I would say that it was his third strike and from internal sources, I know bhai sahib is very proud of having very close relation with badal and thinks of himself as untouchable by sgpc and co. Having such close relation is probably the reason why bhai sahib still got a good job even after being demoted.

His first strike was when he did bhangra while holding sri sahib and wearing singh sahib dress and participated in other non-sikhi stuff (haldi,throwing money) at his bhanja's pre-wedding program. Second strike was when he was en route to attend some function locally, his car hit a person on scooter and he looked out and since he was in hurry/late so he left the scene. While coming after program, relatives of scooter person (who died) stopped his car with police beacon and protested.

Sangat called him twice to resign before chaupai sahib incident and he always reply in harsh tone acting that he is untoubable. I am not against bhai sahib but looking at three strikes in the past, I think it is good decision by SGPC to demote him; even though I don't think he is capable of doing granthi singh sewa but I respect the decision.

The violation he did recently was asking a PATIT to read Savaiyey during parkash at amrit wela just many days ago in Darbar Sahib. This is a gross violation of Gurmat Maryada.Vaheguroo hinself has removed him if you ask me. This rehraas mistake was meant to be! for him for misusing his head granthi power.

I agree with Prabhjot Singh that everyone makes mistake and bhai jaswinder singh probably forgot to put full attention to his duties because of being in rush etc.

However, looking at his past history since he took the sewa of head granthi, I would say that it was his third strike and from internal sources, I know bhai sahib is very proud of having very close relation with badal and thinks of himself as untouchable by sgpc and co. Having such close relation is probably the reason why bhai sahib still got a good job even after being demoted.

His first strike was when he did bhangra while holding sri sahib and wearing singh sahib dress and participated in other non-sikhi stuff (haldi,throwing money) at his bhanja's pre-wedding program. Second strike was when he was en route to attend some function locally, his car hit a person on scooter and he looked out and since he was in hurry/late so he left the scene. While coming after program, relatives of scooter person (who died) stopped his car with police beacon and protested.

Sangat called him twice to resign before chaupai sahib incident and he always reply in harsh tone acting that he is untoubable. I am not against bhai sahib but looking at three strikes in the past, I think it is good decision by SGPC to demote him; even though I don't think he is capable of doing granthi singh sewa but I respect the decision.

Read this from the news:

post-187-0-58698800-1353478808_thumb.jpg

I don't think asking a patit (depends on your definition i don't define patit who is mona but rather who have broken amrit have gone patit) to do swaie is more severe violation than - shorten chaupi sahib - whether he did intentionally or unintentionally- needs to be seen in investigation. This is not a first time this happened.

Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhinderawale, narrates that:

When Kartar Singh Kalaswalia [a disciple of Babu Teja Singh] became a Granthi at Harimandir Sahib, he along with others made the decision to cut down verses of the Rahiras. The version that was created by the Panch Khalsa Bhasauria should only be read. Only 25 stanzas of the Chaupai Sahib should be read. They did this and began to recite the Anand Sahib, then Mundavani, and started to read the Ardas without the three closing compositions of the Rahiras. Due to this half the Rahiras is still recited at the Harimandir Sahib.

I don't think asking a patit (depends on your definition i don't define patit who is mona but rather who have broken amrit have gone patit) to do swaie is more severe violation than - shorten chaupi sahib - whether he did intentionally or unintentionally- needs to be seen in investigation. This is not a first time this happened.

WOW!