Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Kaur

White flashes of light in meditation?

15 posts in this topic

I know you shouldnt pay attention to what you see during meditation because it's all just beads on a string and fuels the ego. man-ego=God

but when I do simran I feel like I'm travelling through a purple tunnel and occasionally I see a bright white flash of light in the corner of my eyes. Also I've seen it with my sister at the Gurdwara at the same time during a kirtan darbaar. It felt beautiful as though a rush of energy rose up and burst out. It feels like it's my soul which is a part of Gods divine supreme soul. I've asked a spiritual man at the gurdwara and he said he sees all different colours of lights (purple, blue, white) and he will pray for me to see golden light. Also I've had my eyes checked and their fine but I just want to know if anyone else sees these things and what they mean?

Yes, you're right it does fuel the ego.... :giggle:

Edited by Kaljugi

your consciousness is opening up to higher planes , many people see colours ,it means your heart chakra is opening up , perfectly natural and beautiful,

how do you position your eyes during meditation? staring at nose, rolling the eyes back into your head? do you squeeze them by any chance?

Wow that happened to me when I was in grade 5 doing naam simran.... I saw beautiful bright white light and experienced brahg.

Not anymore though :stupidme:

It's normal. It happens to everyone. Even to people who don't meditate. Don't read too much into it.

It is like a bottle of perfume. Keep it open and it will vanish. Very hard to replenish afterwards. Keep it closed dear friend.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsaa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

Waheguru!! :D Daas is so happy for you, my soul sister and also for people who commented above who have similar experiences!
Yes, u do experience many colors before. Our minds have been in dirt from so many manyy lifeforms that when we close our eyes, we see only darkness... But by naam simran and paath this pile of dirt is washed away and it just gets brighter. Because Waheguru is PURE WHITE indescribable light! :l: . But yess, there is no need to get ego because that makes a person fall TOTALLY down. Realize that all our qualities belong to Waheguru. He gives us a bit of His qualities, only then we get them. But they actually belong to Him. I have heard that Gursikhs when they close their eyes... they only see WHITE light, Waheguru!

And also people who said above in comments that they used to experience such things but not anymore, please do ardaas to Guru ji and increase ur naam simran because this is what u want. This is the right path

So do more abheyaas, and ALSO do ardaaas to Guru ji to thank him and bless u with more Kirpa!

Waheguru Ang Sang!

your consciousness is opening up to higher planes , many people see colours ,it means your heart chakra is opening up , perfectly natural and beautiful,

That's probably the better explanation !

It is all part of the journey, the different colours are supposed to represent the different chakras from what I gather. However, one can be easily distracted in this respect and therefore I have deliberately not learnt what colours mean what !!

To see them when not meditating is also quite normal.

I'm not very artistic in any way but I am also quite sure that you see colours that you didn't even know existed !!

Controlling the 'ego' is very important if one wants to progress. I have made this mistake many times, but then you just end up stuck at that level or even feel that you may be stepping backwards !!- Believe me, that is not pleasant at all and is a huge burden of guilt on one's conscious.

Personally, I don't think it's wise to tell people about your experiences in person. Much of it should be kept personal, as this aids your progress.

However, I don't mind talking on here because no one really knows me as a person on here in any way.

I do thank Waheguru ji for this new age of technology in this 'one' instance.

how do you position your eyes during meditation? staring at nose, rolling the eyes back into your head? do you squeeze them by any chance?

There are many ways of bhagti and you seem to be more experienced than me, but the way i learnt from Mahapursh was to completeley close the right eye, and focus on th tip of your nose with the left and have it onlny slightly open - really slightly so it looks like both eyes are shut. Then focus in the sukhmana (middle of forehead) and that will lead itself to dasam duwar. Sometimes I have been told to start from your 'dhunni', bellybutton and do the four stages but i find the other way more easier to remember. The pingula and khara are the 2 veins in the forehead and that is what usually makes people get a 'V' when the laugh but that means they are seperated from God-1 symbolises 'worldly' and the other 'spiritually'. By meditation they will become one and the 'v' will dissappear. that will be your road to swas giraas.

i am no gianni and have no understanding or knowledge, but it is just my 2 cents. I hope to get there one day.

i have posted a topic in gurbani vichar from sidh gosht about pingla idaa and sushmanaa. I HOPE U AND MYSELF WILL GET AN ANSWER.

That's probably the better explanation !

It is all part of the journey, the different colours are supposed to represent the different chakras from what I gather. However, one can be easily distracted in this respect and therefore I have deliberately not learnt what colours mean what !!

To see them when not meditating is also quite normal.

I'm not very artistic in any way but I am also quite sure that you see colours that you didn't even know existed !!

Controlling the 'ego' is very important if one wants to progress. I have made this mistake many times, but then you just end up stuck at that level or even feel that you may be stepping backwards !!- Believe me, that is not pleasant at all and is a huge burden of guilt on one's conscious.

Personally, I don't think it's wise to tell people about your experiences in person. Much of it should be kept personal, as this aids your progress.

However, I don't mind talking on here because no one really knows me as a person on here in any way.

I do thank Waheguru ji for this new age of technology in this 'one' instance.[/quote

I agree , it's is important to talk about it , many people are on this journey alone .

I think Kaur meant that he/she gets only more ego when he takes it seriously what happens thru meditation.

And man-ego=god stands probably for man minus ego = god

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0