Double standards & Hypocrisy in Sikhs

tschahal

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!

Guruji said that rehat maryada is important. But tell me is the rehat maryada followed in true manner.

Sikh girls::About more than 90% sikh girls these day go far hair styling,waxing,bleaching or other forms of hair styling and modification.....sikh parents also support this,it doesnt matter much as they need to cope with the society as they say.

As we always insist on boys for keeping sikhi saroop,,is this not apply to girls....many girls wants to marry clean shaven sikhs and they do ..

Those with sikhi saroop & some amritdhari sikhs::I also don't understand the concept of "Thatha & fixor" it almost costs Sikhs 2 hrs a day on an average. Now isn't it tampering with the natural form.

The Urban sikhs follow it who pretend to be "true sikh" wearing thatha fixor & then going to pub shub, mad behind cars , money & sex . "is this what is preached in Sikhism"

Now what is prime important ???

• 6 months later...

The biggest real life joke on us is staring us right in the face. We proclaim loudly and condemn the faith and community of Chandu, Gangu, Sucha Nand, Lakhpat Rai, Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi, and also the faith and community of Jahangir, Aurangzeb, Wazir Khan, Abdali, Mir Mannu etc. but are always hush about the background and faith of Prithi Chand, Ram Rai, Prakash Badal, Longowal, Gen. Brar, KP Gill, Chief Minister Beanta etc. who we outright label as "They are not one of us". We complain about how the Sikh contribution to the Indian independence struggle is always neglected because we are a minority, yet we ourselves never made an attempt (or possibly a meagre one) to highlight the significant contributions and sacrifices made by those who (in one form or another) are a minority within the Sikh community. We are proud to proclaim the ethnicity of Baba Deep Singh ji, Baba Buddha ji, Mata Bhaag Kaur ji (Mai Bhago), Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Shaheed Mehtab Singh, Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Shaheed Udham Singh ji etc. but when it comes to the ancestry of Bhai Kirpa Singh ji, his brother Bhai Sanmukh Singh ji, Bhai Jiwan Singh ji (Shaheeds at Chamkaur Sahib), Bhai Singha Purohit, his son Bhai Jati Mal, Bhai Mati Das ji, Bhai Sati Das ji, Bhai Praga ji (Shaheed ancestor of Bhai Mati Das ji and Bhai Sati Das ji), Akali Kaur Singh ji, Bhai Mohar Singh ji (Shaheed at Battle of Amritsar in June 1984), Shaheed Bhai Jai Singh ji (who was skinned alive from toe to scalp) then all of a sudden "Sikhi is against caste system" and "They were only GurSikhs, not X,Y,Z". Some of my brothers and sisters will ask me to shut up and may even call me a fool. But fact is, when rules apply differently to different people, it is called hypocrisy. When this becomes widespread, it is called tyranny. When we condemn something about someone, its one thing. When that same thing becomes a part of our mentality and personality, it turns into a curse.

Ok, time to delete that from my signature, enough said. Should have added Bhai Nand Lal Goya to the list as well.

So then its Sikhs to blame, not Sikhi.

And I still choose to stick with this.

I think stressing about what other Sikhs do is never the answer. The answer is-;

1. Improve you self and do not be a hypocrite like the ones you might see around you

2. Influence the people around you, parents,siblings, cousins, friends etc to improve themselve

3. Don't stress about the Sikhs you have little or no interaction with and over whom you will never have influence

If enough Sikhs do this then there will be a lot less hypocrites amongst us.

Exactly! Brilliant post Proactive Veer!

The biggest real life joke on us is staring us right in the face. We proclaim loudly and condemn the faith and community of Chandu, Gangu, Sucha Nand, Lakhpat Rai, Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi, and also the faith and community of Jahangir, Aurangzeb, Wazir Khan, Abdali, Mir Mannu etc. but are always hush about the background and faith of Prithi Chand, Ram Rai, Prakash Badal, Longowal, Gen. Brar, KP Gill, Chief Minister Beanta etc. who we outright label as "They are not one of us". We complain about how the Sikh contribution to the Indian independence struggle is always neglected because we are a minority, yet we ourselves never made an attempt (or possibly a meagre one) to highlight the significant contributions and sacrifices made by those who (in one form or another) are a minority within the Sikh community. We are proud to proclaim the ethnicity of Baba Deep Singh ji, Baba Buddha ji, Mata Bhaag Kaur ji (Mai Bhago), Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Shaheed Mehtab Singh, Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Shaheed Udham Singh ji etc. but when it comes to the ancestry of Bhai Kirpa Singh ji, his brother Bhai Sanmukh Singh ji, Bhai Jiwan Singh ji (Shaheeds at Chamkaur Sahib), Bhai Singha Purohit, his son Bhai Jati Mal, Bhai Mati Das ji, Bhai Sati Das ji, Bhai Praga ji (Shaheed ancestor of Bhai Mati Das ji and Bhai Sati Das ji), Akali Kaur Singh ji, Bhai Mohar Singh ji (Shaheed at Battle of Amritsar in June 1984), Shaheed Bhai Jai Singh ji (who was skinned alive from toe to scalp) then all of a sudden "Sikhi is against caste system" and "They were only GurSikhs, not X,Y,Z". Some of my brothers and sisters will ask me to shut up and may even call me a fool. But fact is, when rules apply differently to different people, it is called hypocrisy. When this becomes widespread, it is called tyranny. When we condemn something about someone, its one thing. When that same thing becomes a part of our mentality and personality, it turns into a curse.

Ok, time to delete that from my signature, enough said. Should have added Bhai Nand Lal Goya to the list as well.

And I still choose to stick with this.

I partly agree with you Mehtab Singh Veer and I partly disagree. I agree that if we are going to mention the community of Chandu, Gangu and Indira then we need to always mention the ancestry from which Bhai Mati Das Ji and Bhai Sati Das Ji hailed from to counteract that. Overall, we need to stop using the word brahminwaad made famous by Lord Buddha and replace it with "zaathiwaad" as over-use of the word brahminwaad (brahmanism) is acting as a barrier stopping many good people from the same community as you originally were from becoming new fellow casteless members of the Sikh Panth. Not a single Gursikh has any caste identity other than that of Khalsa but as you correctly point out it is worth remembering the diverse ancestries of all those who bravely came forward into the Sikh Panth.

For example, many Sikhs are unaware that Maharaja Ranjit Singh was from the Sansi adivasi tribal community and Shaheed Udham Singh was from a Kamboh background. A lot of the denial of the backgrounds of Bhai Jiwan Singh Ji and Bhai Sangat Singh Ji is done by Balmiki and Dera Ballan affiliated Mandirs who want to monopolise offerings from Sangat of their own backgrounds and want that nobody from their background become casteless Sikhs free from the falsehood of caste (when in Hinduism they can keep caste purity as Adharmi and Balmiki and their regular paychecks from Congress puppet masters).

The background of Brar, KP Gill, (Radha Swami) Dhillon, (Sirsa) Sidhu, Sajjan Kumar & Liaquat Ali Khan as proud Jatts is famous.

we need to stop using the word brahminwaad made famous by Lord Buddha and replace it with "zaathiwaad" as over-use of the word brahminwaad (brahmanism) is acting as a barrier stopping many good people from the same community as you originally were from becoming new fellow casteless members of the Sikh Panth.

Veer, I'd say its ok to use bahmanvaad, because fact is Brahmins are the ones who started this garbage system. The only problem is when we are quick to blame outsiders for all ills but refuse to look inside our homes for equally worse trouble makers. Same goes for heroes. Some are highlighted, others are neglected, and its all based on factors I mentioned earlier. That is all I was trying to point out. Forget about me being from the good people lol, but I am not asking here for any special treatment, I am asking only for equal treatment. Those who have kirpa of SatGuru jee will come to this Panth, no matter where they are born and as what. Others may be born in a family that calls itself Sikh but may never realize that blessing.

A lot of the denial of the backgrounds of Bhai Jiwan Singh Ji and Bhai Sangat Singh Ji is done by Balmiki and Dera Ballan affiliated Mandirs who want to monopolise offerings from Sangat of their own backgrounds and want that nobody from their background become casteless Sikhs free from the falsehood of caste (when in Hinduism they can keep caste purity as Adharmi and Balmiki and their regular paychecks from Congress puppet masters).

Lets not become like them :)