Hatred Of Sikh Girls

Guest gkaur

Guest Jaspreet

You are completely blaming the girls and not right. I guess ur age is not more than 17 or 18.

There are sikh guys(having both head hair and beard), in them 70 % to 80 % have only head hair and beard is trimmed or shortened. And do u think these guys will want a girl who is pure & and doesn't waxes her legs, arms and handa?? no! they will completely dislike a girl full of hair(pure sikh who doesn't removes hair at all).

The remaining 20 % to 30 % who r pure sikhs can demand a girl who is pure sikh i accept.

I don't dislike Sikhism, i respect it a lot i m myself a Sikh, what i meant is The reality. This is the real face.girls alone are not to be blamed.its a free country a girl if wants to be pure she'll besides what boys want her to be, and same is with the boy. and if a girl waxes or cuts hair its her will, she can't hanged for that.

its our own fault. We choose to see and think what we feel is right and it can v easily offend.

In the West please remember one thing we are a minority within a minority. We must not bracket ourselves further. It will become destructive and counter productive.

Theres so much stereotyping in this world that we are the subject of ourselves.Imagine if chitteh saw this laughing their heads off.

It is fine to talk about current issues, and i believe some of the young lads be careful. Most of us have done some pretty judgemental stuff in our days.

I now have some friends from the Mirpur community who tell me similar issues go on there. The Black community had it too.

Talk about it and progress situation hanah.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now growing my hair out and wearing a pagh.

Even when I was a complete clean shaved mona I would get rishtas from girls who had pagh wearing Dads and brothers. The Dad's and brothers didn't mind at all.

There was one girl who I was set up with who had a Singh dad, she said she only wanted a mona because when a Singh takes his pagh off there is a colour contrast on his forehead where the sun has not hit. What an idiotic reason.

These are not the kind of girls you do not want to marry anyway.

Having said all of that I have seen a lot of Singhs both full dhari and trim dhari get married to some great girls.

""""""There was one girl who I was set up with who had a Singh dad, she said she only wanted a mona because when a Singh takes his pagh off there is a colour contrast on his forehead where the sun has not hit. What an idiotic reason."""""""

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...hahahaha hahahaha...oh damn I just died laughing ...Das nai sakda mera tid dukhan lag pya.................hahaha

"""Having said all of that I have seen a lot of Singhs both full dhari and trim dhari get married to some great girls."""""

So true So true So true..................because its rightly said Every King gets princess but Every Princess??? lol not at all...........

• 4 months later...
Guest Guneet Kaur

Dear Veers and sisters,

I agree with Veers that girls should like and marry someone who is sabut soorat. Infact I did. I am proud of my choice and we love each other and respect each other deeply. Infact, I pity those who choose otherwise. Because it not only makes you go away from Gurujee, it asks for tolerating things which are against Sikh moral values. And I have seen many married girls cry over their choice for the sake of their children. But by then it is too late. I am blessed to be married to gursikh man, knowing fully well that we will be honest to each other ( because it is in our Sikh upbringing). We guide each other towards Gurujee and encourage each other to do more Path and seva. Giving a gentle nudge, a gentle encouragement along the way.

As a child I did not get opportunity to learn more than a couple if Shabads, but with encouragement from my hubby, and Wahegurujee's nadar I can now do keertan. I am now learning Asa di war keertan. Along with running my business and bring up our 2 nice gursikh sons, who are not yet 10years in a place where there are virtually no role models. It is such a bliss, when our children can recite Gurbani. But all of this would not have been possible if my husband wanted a cut girl or if I wanted a cut surd.

In reality, I have come across many educated girls whose criteria of marrying is a gursikh boy, teetotaler, non smoker and they get proposals from cut surds or trimmers or occasional drinker or social drinkers as they call themselves. It is a shame.

We cannot put the blame on any one gender. We have to take a stand for ourselves. That no one can do for us. I feel if you respect your parents from the bottom of your heart you can never say no to someone who has their appearance of Gursikhi.

Bhul chuk maaf.

Please ignore if you are offended by any statement.

Deepest regards for all Gursikhs.

Guneet Kaur ( proud to be Kaur)

Dear Veers and sisters,

I agree with Veers that girls should like and marry someone who is sabut soorat. Infact I did. I am proud of my choice and we love each other and respect each other deeply. Infact, I pity those who choose otherwise. Because it not only makes you go away from Gurujee, it asks for tolerating things which are against Sikh moral values. And I have seen many married girls cry over their choice for the sake of their children. But by then it is too late. I am blessed to be married to gursikh man, knowing fully well that we will be honest to each other ( because it is in our Sikh upbringing). We guide each other towards Gurujee and encourage each other to do more Path and seva. Giving a gentle nudge, a gentle encouragement along the way.

As a child I did not get opportunity to learn more than a couple if Shabads, but with encouragement from my hubby, and Wahegurujee's nadar I can now do keertan. I am now learning Asa di war keertan. Along with running my business and bring up our 2 nice gursikh sons, who are not yet 10years in a place where there are virtually no role models. It is such a bliss, when our children can recite Gurbani. But all of this would not have been possible if my husband wanted a cut girl or if I wanted a cut surd.

In reality, I have come across many educated girls whose criteria of marrying is a gursikh boy, teetotaler, non smoker and they get proposals from cut surds or trimmers or occasional drinker or social drinkers as they call themselves. It is a shame.

We cannot put the blame on any one gender. We have to take a stand for ourselves. That no one can do for us. I feel if you respect your parents from the bottom of your heart you can never say no to someone who has their appearance of Gursikhi.

Bhul chuk maaf.

Please ignore if you are offended by any statement.

Deepest regards for all Gursikhs.

Guneet Kaur ( proud to be Kaur)

shooo sweet:)