What Is Naam

Brothers,

first of all, let me clear one thing, I am no authority to talk on these matters, so as to say, do this or do that.

No.

I am my self a seeker, maybe morally worse than any normal being. Then too, whatever had to be said, our Guru Sahibans have left us with the akhoot bhandaar of their gyan in the Guru Granth Sahib.

It is for each one of us to dive in deep and take those precious jewels and make ourselves spiritually wealthy. Just as each one has to eat himself/herself to satisfy his/her hunger...in the same way; if we have spiritual hunger, we should follow practically Gurmat.

Our Guru Sahibans who where the embodiment of Truth, of Akal Purukh, when they came on this earthly plane, people did not believe them, in some cases even their near family members did not realize who they were, many others misbehaved with them, and abused them, either verbally or physically ...so brothers, who am I? A sinner only.

Absolutely whatever had to be said and explained, is already written in the Bani.

I am not going to discover anything new, as there is nothing left as such. I have given simple and clear quotes from the Bani in a nutshell, in the post above, but even that seems that is not understandable...so what guarantee is there, that with much more thesis the Bani will be understood?

Absolutely none, but one thing is sure, hot discussions....what for? Ego? That what I say or think is right and the others are wrong....No need for that. I very well know human nature, who has a tendency towards conflicts, controversies, hatred...and really, there is no need for all this. I am not saying directly to you, that you are like this, but surley it can happen with anybody.

What so ever has to be realized, shall be realized, only by practically following what is written in the Bani.

It is entirely us upon us, if we want to follow and obey the Bani alone, or many other things along.

But that much I can say, the whole of the Guru Granth Sahib is nothing but mahima of Wahiguru Akal Purukh and His true form which is Nam or Shabad, on each and every ang of it, is full of this wadeeayee.

Once again I am going to copy and paste the beautiful quotation in the above post of Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, which by itself is quite explanatory, and you shall get the answer of your question from it.

It is for us to pay attention and reflect upon it, and dig deep enough, to get out the Amrit from it:

Sun sundar, saaDhoo bachan uDhaaree.
Listen, O beautiful soul-bride,

By the Word of the Holy Saint, you shall be saved.
jo ih mantar kamaavai, naanak, so bha-ojal paar utaaree.
One who practices this Mantra, O Nanak, swims across the terrifying world-ocean

Raag Aasaa,

Sree Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj.

P.S: Please do not misinterpret me, if any bhool chook, taking me as a brother, just forgive me.

Yes it is true, there is a fierce battle between us and our mind, whenever we try to meditate.

Because, Kal Purukh does not want any soul to escape from his temporary creation, so he has created and placed mind within each and everyone under his limited creation, including gods, godesses, etc...

That is why, Wahiguru gives us the weapon of Nam to use against them, as it is the only power to defeat these entities.

In fact, when Wahiguru sees that His soul is trying to reach Him through His simran, He comes Himself, in the form of Shabad Dhun and takes us safely in His arms, just as a father or mother takes care of their child, then no one dares to come and harm the child.

So our work is to do our duty of Nam Simran, then He will see and take care of the rest, because we by ourselves, are helpless.... it is His power, His love, which does everything.

Our Simran is just an excuse, for Him to shower His bharpoor Daya Meher on us.

Dear brother, my only advice to you, is to never stop your bhakti of Nam Simran under any circumstances.

May God bless you.