Have u heard of Bhai Ranjeet Singh Dhadrian wale?

Simran9

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bhai Sahib jeo, can you please tell us where it is 'written' that Guru Sahib told Baba Attar Singh Ji to do kirtan using dharnaas? Did Baba Ji write this in one of his books?

Bhai Sahib Jee, there are Singhs that used to live with Sant Attar Singh which I have met and heard their keertan.

Sant Attar Singh was in a very deep vairaag state of mind when Guru Jee appeared and gave the hukam for them to do gursikhi parchar. Sant Attar Singh was not someone that would follow their own manmat and make up their own manmat methods. They were 100% gursikh.

Bijla Singh Posted on Oct 22 2004, 10:02 AM

started by Guru Hargobind Ji. So acceptable in Sikhi.

You agree that singing kavithas is not wrong. Some dharnas a similar to kavithas, so using a vaja to sing kavithas is wrong? Is it the idea of using a vaja that is wrong? No one used a vaja in Guru Nanak's time. Guru Nanak would sing gurbani and Mardana would play the rabab. Does that mean that you can only sing gurbani using a rabab?

You agree that singing kavithas is not wrong. Some dharnas a similar to kavithas, so using a vaja to sing kavithas is wrong? Is it the idea of using a vaja that is wrong? No one used a vaja in Guru Nanak's time. Guru Nanak would sing gurbani and Mardana would play the rabab. Does that mean that you can only sing gurbani using a rabab?

all I wanted was a little info but you are taking it too far by making idiotic statements. it is not about which instrument is used but what is being sung in the Hazoori of Guru Sahib Ji. Dhaddi Vaars are not kavitas. I am not questioning Sant Attar Singh Ji but the use of kachi bani. tell me when he used to sing dharnas did he always use Gurbani or kachi bani also? I am against using Gurbani mixed up with some kachi bani. I am not against dharnas. I think Sant Ji always sang Gurbani Shabads but in different style which is dharna and never used kachi bani. Just like Bhai Randhir Singh Ji sang Gurbani Shabads only but with different style. I am not against style. I am against mixing Gurbani with something else. Great Gursikh like Sant Ji very much knew more than anybody else how to respect Gurbani and how pure Gurbani is which means he obviously knew not to mix it with something else. Otherwise its like throwing a diomond in the mud. hope you understand my point. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

well, many sants did do dharna veer je

sant ishar singh je

sant baba attar singh je

i think they just sing it so that people can get closer to sikhi and start reading maharaj jes bani eventually, to inspire people

cause many people, specially people from pinds, have no idea wat bani means

none

so, some sants like sant ishar singh je did dharna to bring em to sikhi so eventually people wud read gurbani, which they did

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I have seen some misconceptions regarding dharna keertan. There are some people that say there is good dharnas and bad dharnas. I am a bit confused by that statement.

There are two types of dharnas that I have heard, and I believe that they are within gurmat. They are either sung about sikh history or translations of gurbani.

A dharna about sikh history would be something like: sir jaavey tha jaavey mera sikhi sidhak naa jaavey singing about when the sikh bibis had necklaces of the insides of their babies hung around their necks and they still did not give up their religion.

And a dharna on gurbani would be like: darshan satgur tera jee mei dekh dekh jeeva , which comes from darshan dekh jeeva gur tera pooran karam hoei prabh mera.

Another dharna that is a translation from a gurbani tuk that Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale used to sing is: Eh panchi kala eh ehdei magar sheikari bahutei which is referring to the jeev as a panchi and the punj chor as shikari.

The overall idea of dharnas is to do veechar of gurbani. Veechar of gurbani is a form of bhagti. Bhagti is sacha (truth).

Things that turn your back to Guru Granth Sahib and sikh history are kacha or choota (false).

A dharna used to spread sikh histroy deserves all praise.

The nation that forgets it's history is not here today, nor will it be here tommorrow.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!