Sikhs Beating Nanga Sadhu

InderjitS

I came across this video yesterday and was gob smacked by these perpetrators attacking an innocent man and degrading him for no apparent reason. No matter what our beliefs we cannot press upon others our way of thinking and certainly not by force. Only takes a handful of people to tarnish many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G0FV_rRso8

So u have no problem with men walking around nanga with their tickle-tackles out,standing infront of your mum/sisters/daughters?

As we all know, a gurdwara is open for the whole world to walk inside of, but wud u allow this nagha sadhu mug 2 walk in do matha tek and for the whole sangat 2 c his rear end n front end? I feel no sorrow/feelings for these naked "saints" gettin beats!

We all criticise girls for wearing mini skirts n shaming themselves up, well arnt these naked sadhus even worse? Surely they cant b exempt from criticism

So u have no problem with men walking around nanga with their tickle-tackles out,standing infront of your mum/sisters/daughters?

As we all know, a gurdwara is open for the whole world to walk inside of, but wud u allow this nagha sadhu mug 2 walk in do matha tek and for the whole sangat 2 c his rear end n front end? I feel no sorrow/feelings for these naked "saints" gettin beats!

We all criticise girls for wearing mini skirts n shaming themselves up, well arnt these naked sadhus even worse? Surely they cant b exempt from criticism

that's not what happened, he didn't go to a Gurdwara, even if he wasn't being Nanga there is probably more people naked, India has the highest Prostitution in the world, not in Asia but in the world.

that's not what happened, he didn't go to a Gurdwara, even if he wasn't being Nanga there is probably more people naked, India has the highest Prostitution in the world, not in Asia but in the world.

I kno he didnt go into a gurdwara, but im saying it in a possible scenario/annecdotally. These sadhus CHOOSE to live naked. Those naked ppl in india r naked coz they r poorer than poor, these sadhus in the other hand, have money for ganja/weed, yet have none for shorts/pyjamas.

I kno he didnt go into a gurdwara, but im saying it in a possible scenario/annecdotally. These sadhus CHOOSE to live naked. Those naked ppl in india r naked coz they r poorer than poor, these sadhus in the other hand, have money for ganja/weed, yet have none for shorts/pyjamas.

I respect your views, but instead of mercilessly beating him there are peaceful ways to do this: "do not pick-up the sword until all peaceful means have ended, then it is righteous to pick up the sword" Guru Sahib. They clearly didn't try peacefully first so therefore they shouldn't beat him up. Also they have their own religion, and didn't insult us for wearing turbans.

Aghori Sadhus have been wondering India naked for 150 years, they flock to the Kumbh Mela in their hundreds and I've never seen Sikhs proactively opening a dialogue with them to prevent them from practising Shaivism - which would be wrong anyways, but a darn sight better than kicking the cr*p out of them. Why target a single person with physical violence and degrade him in public. Giving a good thrashing and asking questions later is not good practice and tolerance goes out of the window.

Aghori Sadhus have been wondering India naked for 150 years, they flock to the Kumbh Mela in their hundreds and I've never seen Sikhs proactively opening a dialogue with them to prevent them from practising Shaivism - which would be wrong anyways, but a darn sight better than kicking the cr*p out of them. Why target a single person with physical violence and degrade him in public. Giving a good thrashing and asking questions later is not good practice and tolerance goes out of the window.

Indeed, i agree with wat u have written above. In my above posts, i havnt condoned the beating, coz i do condemn the beating, it is OTT. But on the otherhand, i also codemn the nakedness of these ppl. Tell me wud u want little kids seeing men walkin around with their meat n 2 veg hangin out?