Happiness

Big_Tera

Why are we sometimes Happy, why are we sometimes sad. why do we feel like being talkative one day and on other days we don't want to say a word??

why do we sometimes feel depressed, Lonely and low on confidence when on other days we are full of confidence and energy??

Why do I have such low self esteem and am unable to make friends, talk to people and be popular.

Why am I not liked by people who simply don't any opinion on me??

why am I being bullied??

Why do we sometimes feel jealous and envious of our friends, colleagues??

why do we feel that somethings is always missing and don't feel content with our life's??

Why don't we have a sense self of well being, motivation and passion. where is is the fire in our belly that says we want to conquer the world??

Why do we sometimes feel ambitious and at other times we just don't care?

Can anyone answer the following above??

We are living in the most technologically advanced times. If our car breaks down we know how to fix it. but what about the above emotions if we experience these emotions how can we fix them?? If we have low self esteem, low confidence, low motivation, unhappy. How can we fix those issues??

are some people naturally happier then others and more confident. Is there nothing we can do about that? as the saying goes I am who I am and I cant change my personality or the way i feel. you either have it or you dont ect..

What would you chose in life a millions pounds or the power to recognize how your mind works and how to correct it what exactly is happening in hour heads that we can fix our emotional issues like the above??

Dear Big_ Tera,

everything in life is karmas. Whatever you say is true, but, it is also true, that all our interactions in the world are false, in the sense that everybody is either creating karma or paying karma .....

Though I can understand, it is quite hard to go through all this, but remember that, one has not much to do with the world and its people.

Take your present condition as a gift from the Lord. Maybe, He does not want you to get entangled in the world, but rather you devote yourself to Him...... and this can best be carried out, when one has not such a strong pull towards the world or from the world.

Do not compare yourself with others. If you think you are right and good, why to worry about the impressions which the world has about you. The wicked world did not even spare higher beings, like our Guru Sahibans, like Kabir Sahib, like Christ who was nailed and crucified...... so then what or who are we, in the eyes of the world?

Love and respect yourself, and be aware, He is there to be with you. Engage some time daily in bhajan bandagee, then all your so called shortcomings, will be changed by His kirpa into a blissful state, He is Truth, His name is the foundation of firm faith, inner peace, a balanced mind, and above all Love for His Lotus feet.

Sat Sree Akal.

Dear Big_ Tera,

everything in life is karmas. Whatever you say is true, but, it is also true, that all our interactions in the world are false, in the sense that everybody is either creating karma or paying karma .....

Though I can understand, it is quite hard to go through all this, but remember that, one has not much to do with the world and its people.

Take your present condition as a gift from the Lord. Maybe, He does not want you to get entangled in the world, but rather you devote yourself to Him...... and this can best be carried out, when one has not such a strong pull towards the world or from the world.

Do not compare yourself with others. If you think you are right and good, why to worry about the impressions which the world has about you. The wicked world did not even spare higher beings, like our Guru Sahibans, like Kabir Sahib, like Christ who was nailed and crucified...... so then what or who are we, in the eyes of the world?

Love and respect yourself, and be aware, He is there to be with you. Engage some time daily in bhajan bandagee, then all your so called shortcomings, will be changed by His kirpa into a blissful state, He is Truth, His name is the foundation of firm faith, inner peace, a balanced mind, and above all Love for His Lotus feet.

Sat Sree Akal.

First of all This thread is not about a personal issue I have or am going through at the moment. This thread I am sure everyone here can relate to and have experienced in their life whether they like to admit it or not. Some probably more then other sin terms of the severity of the feeling and emotions that I have listed.

What you have done in your reply what a lot of people including doctors do. if a person went to a doctor with the above issues I have raised you would get a similar response such as what you have posted. such as 'pull yourself together' or other advice which is going to make zero impact on the person who is going through these feelings and will not help them to overcome their problems. the reason is doctors themselves don't know the answer. If you went to the doctor with a physical problem you would be sent for tests and given alot of help but when it comes to the mind they simply don't know the answer.

Having studied psychology I know the answer.

Its simply a matter of brain chemicals and hormones that make us feel like the way we do. if we have low self esteem its our chemical make up that is out of whack that needs to be rectified.

The way we feel and all the emotions we experience feel come from the chemicals that circulate through our brain. if these chemicals known as neurotransmitters become unbalanced or deficient in some way we can start to feel a particular way. such as unhappy, depressed, low energy and basically all the symptoms I have mentioned above

Lets look at the main neurotransmitters of the brain.

Serotonin is one neurotransmitter of many in the brain, this is the happy chemical this is what makes us feel good and happy. when a person has low serotonin he becomes depressed . doctors then give anti depressants to try and raise serotonin artificially to make a person happy. but this is impossible as we cannot alter the brain though medicine and the patients end up worse as they end up with lower serotonin in the long run.

what I am trying to say if you are depressed or unhappy their is help that help is knowing these brain chemicals and how to alter them to become the medicine through natujral means and not medicine.

Why are we sometimes Happy, why are we sometimes sad. why do we feel like being talkative one day and on other days we don't want to say a word??

why do we sometimes feel depressed, Lonely and low on confidence when on other days we are full of confidence and energy??

Why do I have such low self esteem and am unable to make friends, talk to people and be popular.

Why am I not liked by people who simply don't any opinion on me??

why am I being bullied??

Why do we sometimes feel jealous and envious of our friends, colleagues??

why do we feel that somethings is always missing and don't feel content with our life's??

Why don't we have a sense self of well being, motivation and passion. where is is the fire in our belly that says we want to conquer the world??

Why do we sometimes feel ambitious and at other times we just don't care?

Can anyone answer the following above??

We are living in the most technologically advanced times. If our car breaks down we know how to fix it. but what about the above emotions if we experience these emotions how can we fix them?? If we have low self esteem, low confidence, low motivation, unhappy. How can we fix those issues??

are some people naturally happier then others and more confident. Is there nothing we can do about that? as the saying goes I am who I am and I cant change my personality or the way i feel. you either have it or you dont ect..

What would you chose in life a millions pounds or the power to recognize how your mind works and how to correct it what exactly is happening in hour heads that we can fix our emotional issues like the above??

Dear Veer Jee Big_Tera,

sorry to tell you, but don´t you think you are a bit confused? Because you may want to convey soemthing, but use wordings which may sound amibiguos.

You say it is not a personal issue, and maybe it is true, but , you have directly mentioned about yourself, as seen in the above three underlined sentences written by you. In the remaing sentences you have used the word "we"...

So naturally as a reader, if I perceive you are taiking about some issues on your person, because of the word " I ", of course my answers will be directed to you, and if I perceive, it is a general topic, belive me, I will never direct the answers to you personally.

Any how let us proceed further, as you have mentioned the key word of this thread "happiness"....

Can we know, what does the word happiness, or better said, "real permanent happiness" means to you?

Any studies of any sciences are done by the mind, be it may psycology even... But the thing is, again the answer for happiness, is tried to be found within the spheres of mind. Mind as its best, is a subtle matter still. And all matter thoug subtle is sure to perish one day, and True happiness can never be found in perishable things, objects ....

There is a saying: mind is to the body, just as software is to the hardware... And as such, we all know, software can be uninstalled and deleted, so is with the mind also ......

And accroding to the Bani (Gurmat), which is a spiritual science, which deals with issues like true permanent happiness, as per its objective.

This spiritual science starts also from a mental level so to say, but exceeds it, by crossing its boundaries, and thus reaching to the source of True happiness, which is none other than Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

Once a group of 50 people were attending a seminar.

Suddenly the speaker stopped and started giving each one a balloon.

Each one was asked to write his/her name on it using a marker pen.

Then all the balloons were collected and put in another room.

Now these delegates were let in that room and asked to find the balloon which had their name written, within 5 minutes.

Everyone was frantically searching for their name, colliding with each other, pushing around others and there was utter chaos.

At the end of 5 min No one could find their own balloon.

Now each one was asked to randomaly select a Balloon and give it to the person whose name was written on it.

Within minutes Every1 had their own balloon.

The Speaker Began :--- This is exactly what's happening in our lives.

Every 1 is frantically looking for happiness all around, not knowing where it is.

Our happiness lies in the happiness of other people...

Give them Their Happiness & U will get your Own Happiness.

And this is the purpose of human life.

Is this not what WE ARE all looking for?

Source - http://www.sikhshelpingsikhs.com

Dear Veer Jee Big_Tera,

sorry to tell you, but don´t you think you are a bit confused? Because you may want to convey soemthing, but use wordings which may sound amibiguos.

You say it is not a personal issue, and maybe it is true, but , you have directly mentioned about yourself, as seen in the above three underlined sentences written by you. In the remaing sentences you have used the word "we"...

So naturally as a reader, if I perceive you are taiking about some issues on your person, because of the word " I ", of course my answers will be directed to you, and if I perceive, it is a general topic, belive me, I will never direct the answers to you personally.

Any how let us proceed further, as you have mentioned the key word of this thread "happiness"....

Can we know, what does the word happiness, or better said, "real permanent happiness" means to you?

Any studies of any sciences are done by the mind, be it may psycology even... But the thing is, again the answer for happiness, is tried to be found within the spheres of mind. Mind as its best, is a subtle matter still. And all matter thoug subtle is sure to perish one day, and True happiness can never be found in perishable things, objects ....

There is a saying: mind is to the body, just as software is to the hardware... And as such, we all know, software can be uninstalled and deleted, so is with the mind also ......

And accroding to the Bani (Gurmat), which is a spiritual science, which deals with issues like true permanent happiness, as per its objective.

This spiritual science starts also from a mental level so to say, but exceeds it, by crossing its boundaries, and thus reaching to the source of True happiness, which is none other than Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

No I am 100% not confused. Take this a a little advice next time see a thread with the word 'I' in it dont neccesarily think that thread maker means 'himself'. I;m not being bullied or anything like that so you dont have to worry. Its called talking in the third person.If there is any confusion this is on your part.

Anyway there is not really any need to go into a long debate about this as there is really not enough time when the main issue of the thread is about attaining Happiness.

First of all This thread is not about a personal issue I have or am going through at the moment. This thread I am sure everyone here can relate to and have experienced in their life whether they like to admit it or not. Some probably more then other sin terms of the severity of the feeling and emotions that I have listed.

What you have done in your reply what a lot of people including doctors do. if a person went to a doctor with the above issues I have raised you would get a similar response such as what you have posted. such as 'pull yourself together' or other advice which is going to make zero impact on the person who is going through these feelings and will not help them to overcome their problems. the reason is doctors themselves don't know the answer. If you went to the doctor with a physical problem you would be sent for tests and given alot of help but when it comes to the mind they simply don't know the answer.

Having studied psychology I know the answer.

Its simply a matter of brain chemicals and hormones that make us feel like the way we do. if we have low self esteem its our chemical make up that is out of whack that needs to be rectified.

The way we feel and all the emotions we experience feel come from the chemicals that circulate through our brain. if these chemicals known as neurotransmitters become unbalanced or deficient in some way we can start to feel a particular way. such as unhappy, depressed, low energy and basically all the symptoms I have mentioned above

Lets look at the main neurotransmitters of the brain.

Serotonin is one neurotransmitter of many in the brain, this is the happy chemical this is what makes us feel good and happy. when a person has low serotonin he becomes depressed . doctors then give anti depressants to try and raise serotonin artificially to make a person happy. but this is impossible as we cannot alter the brain though medicine and the patients end up worse as they end up with lower serotonin in the long run.

what I am trying to say if you are depressed or unhappy their is help that help is knowing these brain chemicals and how to alter them to become the medicine through natujral means and not medicine.

Paji which natural means please? Like diet or wat?

Anyway back to the topic

Anyone who wants to know why they feel love or hate and practically everyone emotion they go through.

people often dont know what contols their emotions one day they can be happy then next day they can be sad. once you know what controls our feelings and emotions you become alot more stronger person.

Its suddenly finding out how to use a Compuer if you have never seen a Computer before. or buying a new mobile phone and not knowing how to use it for the first time.

This is like the mind, most people go through their whole life not knowing how there brain functions.

All our emotions and feeling are contolled by neurotransmmitters in their brain. once you fully understand these neurotransmitters and how they work you be the master of your mind and not the other way round.

The following are the main neurotransmitters of our brain and the ones that you really need to know.to be able to control your own mind and understand how it works all the emotions we feel as a result of these. below are brief descriptions of each neurotransmitter but I will post each one in great detail later.

Dopamine

Controls arousal levels in many parts of the brain and is vital for giving physical motivation. When levels are severely depleted, as in Parkinson's disease, people may find it impossible to move forward voluntarily. Low dopamine may also be implicated in mental stasis. LSD and other hallucinogenic drugs are thought to work on the dopamine system.

Serotonin This is the neurotransmitter enhanced by Prozac, and has thus become known as the 'feel-good' chemical. It has a profound effect on mood and anxiety -- high levels of it, or sensitivity to it, are associated with serenity and optimism.

Acetylcholine (ACh) Controls activity in brain areas connected with attention, learning and memory. People with Alzheimer's disease typically have low levels of ACh in the cerebral cortex, and drugs that boost its action may improve memory in such patients.

Noradrenaline Mainly an excitatory chemical that induces physical and mental arousal and elevated mood. Production is centered in an area of the brain called the locus coreuleus, which is one of several putative candidates for the brain's 'pleasure' centre.

Glutamate The brain's major excitatory neurotransmitter, vital for forging the links between neurons that are the basis of learning and long-term memory.

Enkephalins and Endorphins These are opioids that, like the drugs heroine and morphine, modulate pain, reduce stress and promote a sensation of floaty, oceanic calm. They also depress physical functions like breathing and may produce physical dependence. Excerpts from
"Mapping the Mind", Rita Carter
Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1998