Jammu Police Murders Sikh Youth; Imposes Curfew

1ManArmy

JAMMU, India (June 4, 2015)—A Sikh youth named Bhai Jagjit Singh was killed in police firing during a protest over removal of a poster of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale in Jammu on Thursday. The firing also left two more Sikh youth injured seriously.

Meanwhile, a red alert has been sounded in Amritsar following police firing on Sikh protesters in Jammu.

Bhai-Jagjit-Singh-2-281x500.jpg

The Sikh youth converged on Satwari-RS Pura road and blocked traffic in protest against the removal of Sant Bhindranwale’s posters put up by Sikh organisations about his martyrdom being observed on June 6. Police resorted to lathicharge and teargas shelling toward them. Sikhs also raised slogans of ‘Khalistan-Zindabad’.

Members of the Sikh community had put up posters of Sant Bhindranwale and some other Sikh martyrs yesterday on Satwari-RS Pura road here ahead of a programme to pay tribute to him. Station House Officer (SHO) of Satwari Police Station removed the posters, triggering protests from Sikh youths.

Protests are continuing as the agitators are demanding suspension of the SHO for removal of the posters.

The killing of Sikh youth triggered huge outrage among Sikhs throughout the world against Indian state.

Bhai-Jagjit-Singh-4.jpg

An old photo of Shaheed Bhai Jagjit Singh Jammu

May waheguru bless his soul. Those evil Indian hindu policemen who murdered him need to be held to account asap before situation gets out of hand.

I hope there will be more Sikhs displaying sant bhindranwale posters in punjab and india.

Sant bhindranwale is our hero our pride. Those who try to oppress and suppress our freedom of expression and rights to celebrate our martyrs are enemies of all Sikhs and enemy of all people who believe in free speech/expression and basic human rights. Indian authorities once against reminding Sikhs (their so called dharmic brothers) that they are not free live how they wish in their own so called nation even in 2015 after 30+years on from 1984 anti-sikh genocide in hindu dominated mono culture india.

Any1 want to know how brain-dead n generally thick r population is? Listen to bbc asian networks discussion 2day on nihals show. The topic itself was pathetically titled "as a sikh, is it your duty to regard sant jarnail singh a sant?". The amount of apnay who keep singin same ol song of how hes a terrorist, gandhis pet stooge/creation, a seperatist, is astonishing. To think, only a miniture bit of research would correct these fuddus, but they cant manage this. U guys fink any of those thick tw@t$ will even be aware of this latest killing of sikhs in jammu? Will they heck!

I agree with your sentiments but those people who call up nihals show are lasped indian nationalist fake sikhs, hindu punjabis but usually ultra indian nationalist brahmins or ravisassians. These 2 groups are are complete scumbags they will pretend to be sikhs in the radio phone shows in order to make our sikh hero's look in the worst possible light and the indian terrorist government and its army in the best light.

But hey whose fault is that is it theirs or ours? I would say ours for not putting up a strong media front against these indian terrorist morons, we complain time to time out about idiots's giving Sikhs a bad name on radio shows but then were is our Sikh media army? Oh yes there is none because we cant be bothered to get off our own backsides to counter the anti-sikh dogs.

A muslim will not let the israeli lobby get away with their propaganda against Palestinians if there was a radio phone in. But our lot as lazy and not willing to help defend the Sikhi and Sikh heros from slander .... so before we blame the haters lets look at where we are at as a community and see where lacking in the propaganda media stacks because there is a war going on the information and media war is just as important as the physical war when they attacking our faith like this.

Also in regards to nihaal why doesnt he ever talk about his buddhist sri lankan govt & arm war crimes against sri lankan tamil hindu civilians. He is quick to talk about sensitive subjects regarding muslims, hindus and Sikhs but will never talk about his buddhist mass murderers who have recently killed tamils and now in burma have effectively religiously cleasened the rohingya muslims from burma. Why doesnt he ever talk about these subjects? Our Sikhs are too busy letting non-sikhs shaft them or too darft to pick him up on these points. Nihal would be embarrassed if every time he did a Sikh subject thousands of Sikhs phoned in being up buddhist crimes, he would soon learn to stay clear talking crap about other religious communities.

yea indeed, ur right regarding nihal n his blatant reluctance at not covering sri lankan war crimes over tamils in past 30yrs. Regarding sikh media, u will find its gotten much much better in past 2yrs, esp on shows like nihals, wen sikh related topics come up. But recently, ive noticed the bbc have started to blantantly not call our media up for discussions, prolly scared ppl r gettin put on the right path. In past 8-9 yrs, wat ive noticed tho, regarding sikhs on these phone-ins, is years back, it would be 90% sikhs callin in chattin misinformed crap (sant ji is terrorist etc), but fast forward last 2 yrs, its become like 50%-50%, so we r makin inroads it seems. I mean wen u have "sikhs" callin up sayin how politics shud b seperated from religion, i find myself wantin 2 poke my eyes out with a sharp compass. But i suppose its still a longway to go though.

I bet if it was a Muslim cop who killed Shaheed Bhai Jagjit Singh Ji he won't be punished.

The majority of the Jammu+Kashmir police are actually Muslims so I can't see a Muslim Chief Minister of Jammu+Kashmir punishing him (and instead probably get a promotion for taking focus off Pakistan flag waving)

It's only the Army who are non-Muslims who have been drafted in to contain protests + that's where we see the Sikh army people in the video's. But the Jammu+Kashmir police are mostly local Muslims who probably shot Shaheed Jagjit Singh.

It might have been a deliberate sacrifice of a Sikh life to help take the media heat off from Muslims who were waving the Pakistan flag openly there recently + the local Muslim police happily tolerated that without killing innocent people.