A New Short Movie On Rakhdi (ਰਖੜੀ) : Thread Of Strength - By Sikhfeed

Gagan87

First of all, I've never heard of anyone giving their a sister kirpan, so stop trying to put a Sikhi twist to this. Secondly, it is a scam, because guys just looted out of hundreds of dollars. It would be ok, in my opinion, if it didnt involved tying some pointless thread for "protection" or whatever it is.

The first time I watched the film I pointed out the major sikhi parenting fail : "I know it is not anything to do with sikhi beta but we shouldn't hurt someone's heart".....leading to later where the same girl is timid , lying to cover up a possibly abusive/absent husband. If that's the gift of rakhdri you can keep it , my Guru ji made his daughters into sherni not chuhi.

The Dad should have talked to them both and given them both kirpans and told them 'you should become Khalsa so you can look after each other and the world' much more sound sikh idea

Why on earth would you need a special day to "remember and honor your sister"

Do people simply forget they had a sister until this day. No point adding a Sikh Spin to something so empty and shallow.

Agree Kira ji. Why add a Sikh spin to it when it's not even a Sikhi ocassion. It's more cultural and what people have grown up with. I've never judged anybody over what they celebrate, but some people go OTT too. I saw a picture on somebody's Facebook tagged, having a rakhri tied, but had a few big wads of notes in front. I thought "gosh some people like to splash out and show it off too", was not impressed

Agree Kira ji. Why add a Sikh spin to it when it's not even a Sikhi ocassion. It's more cultural and what people have grown up with. I've never judged anybody over what they celebrate, but some people go OTT too. I saw a picture on somebody's Facebook tagged, having a rakhri tied, but had a few big wads of notes in front. I thought "gosh some people like to splash out and show it off too", was not impressed

It doesn't help when people paste picture of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Bibi Nanaki ji tying it. Guru Nanak never wore a single thread on his hand, nor did any other of our Masters and their blessed Sikhs.

Alas...We're going still chasing after pointless,mundane practices.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.
    • Good way of putting it, bro. One of the ongoing themes of Gurbani is the fake saint. Whether it's fake babas in Punjab or English-speaking personalities in the West, it's an continuing problem of religion through the centuries (and it's not exclusive to us by any means, this applies to all human societies).

Important Information

Terms of Use