Two Sisters To Be Raped As Punishment – Demand Justice

Aren't these Jatts of UP, these are not Punjabi Sikh Jatts, they are not the same.

I hear this so called Jatt domination thing all the time. I hear this story of Dr Ambedkar wanting to become Sikh , but it did not come to fruition and he became Buddhist instead.

If this is the case that harijans would have joined enmasse to Sikhi by following Dr Ambedkar, how come we do not see them follow his example of becoming Buddhist as there would be over 200 million Buddhists in India today?

Aren't these Jatts of UP, these are not Punjabi Sikh Jatts, they are not the same.

I hear this so called Jatt domination thing all the time. I hear this story of Dr Ambedkar wanting to become Sikh , but it did not come to fruition and he became Buddhist instead.

If this is the case that harijans would have joined enmasse to Sikhi by following Dr Ambedkar, how come we do not see them follow his example of becoming Buddhist as there would be over 200 million Buddhists in India today?

The Sikh faith would have been better suited to the Harijans. It's revulsion towards the evils of caste and its incitement to the pursuit of justice are ten times more relatable to a downtrodden mazhbi than the esoteric mysticism and detatched indifference of Buddhism.

The Sikh religion has always been a force for active social change, Buddhism never was. Buddhism was, for most of its history, passive against social injustices - slavery and serfdom were a matter of course in the Buddhist Orient. The Buddhist response to the cry of the crushed thrall would be to encourage him to become indifferent to his suffering. This sort of thinking was ill-suited to Ambedkar's cause. The Dalits had had enough. Passivity just wouldn't do any longer.

Do they not have a hand in the persistence and perpetuation of the Jatt culture from which this problem has arisen? Is it not unheard of for girls to be brutally punished for pursuing a relationship outside of their caste in the Punjab? The issue is much larger than this incident.

Really? How so? How are Punjabi Sikh Jatts to be blamed for what is happening among Hindu Jatts in the state of UP? Please provide concrete evidence and not a talking point.

As for girls pursuing a relationship among other castes, do you think Shiimbe and others would be singing Kumbayah if that happened to their women? LOL! Which planet are you living in?

I knew a guy (i think Paapa) who was pissed his brother married a Jattni. So you see it's happening both ways.

BTW I very much doubt majority of Punjabi Sikh Jatts would allow their children to marry Hindu Jatts. There is no unanimous hegemony among Jatts. Therefore it's ludicrous to blame Punjabi Sikh Jatts for what is happening in the state if UP.

The clannish and insular Jatt mentality is the main obstacle in the path of the dissemination of the Sikh faith across Northern India. The Jatt-controlled Akali Dal/SGPC refused Dr Ambedkar and his followers entry into the faith because it would have radically altered the racial constitution of the Panth and divested the Jatts of their numerical supremacy. If Sikhi was more widespread, if it had the clout that accompanies numerical strength, vast tracts of India might have been totally different, including UP which borders Southern Punjab (Haryana). Casteism may have been rooted out, in which case pointless barbarism such as this might not be happening.

We are ALL clannish, including you. It's human nature. As for spreading Sikhi, who told you that in order to convert to Sikhism only the Akali Dal/SGPC has that right? Where is this written? You mean to say all those Sikh converts in western countries obtained some kind of 'certification' from SGPC ie 'ok to convert' before converting? LOL!

SGPC was created for providing a uniform method of running a Gurdwara in India and the rest of the world. It's edicts are not binding and not all Gurdwaras follow it. It does not have any power on individual Sikhs nor is it some kind of gatekeeper for convertion to Sikhism.

So yes, shame on them. Shame on them for hobbling and retarding the advancement of Sikhi, the ideology which has the potential to be the greatest force for positive change in the subcontinent.

Shame on you for laying blame on a whole group of people unrelated to an incident in another part of the world.

Do you really care about the Harijans or are you simply you using the Jatts as a footstool in order to stroke your ego? Why don't you go help them (Harijans) and then convert them? Nobody stopping you brother. But you won't. It's easier to switch on your computer and and attack a whole group of people in order to feel good about yourself while simultaneously leading a selfish life. What a joke! LOL!

Confucious say don't throw stones at other when you yourself are living in a glass house.

The Sikh faith would have been better suited to the Harijans. It's revulsion towards the evils of caste and its incitement to the pursuit of justice are ten times more relatable to a downtrodden mazhbi than the esoteric mysticism and detatched indifference of Buddhism.

The Sikh religion has always been a force for active social change, Buddhism never was. Buddhism was, for most of its history, passive against social injustices - slavery and serfdom were a matter of course in the Buddhist Orient. The Buddhist response to the cry of the crushed thrall would be to encourage him to become indifferent to his suffering. This sort of thinking was ill-suited to Ambedkar's cause. The Dalits had had enough. Passivity just wouldn't do any longer.

You're not getting what Ranjit is trying to say. If Ambedkar had that kind of sway among Harijans, why didn't millions of them follow his footstep and convert to Buddhism?

Really? How so? How are Punjabi Sikh Jatts to be blamed for what is happening among Hindu Jatts in the state of UP? Please provide concrete evidence and not a talking point.

I didn't say they were directly involved, I said they are nurturing the roots of Jattism from which this problem in UP has sprung, and that their indifference is doing harm to the Sikh cause.

We are ALL clannish, including you. It's human nature. As for spreading Sikhi, who told you that in order to convert to Sikhism only the Akali Dal/SGPC has that right? Where is this written? You mean to say all those Sikh converts in western countries obtained some kind of 'certification' from SGPC ie 'ok to convert' before converting? LOL!

Nobody told me that, I didn't say it. I can't tell you why he asked them, only that he did, and they put him off the notion. He was convinced after speaking to them that he and the supporters who followed in his steps would be second-class.

Do you really care about the Harijans or are you simply you using the Jatts as a footstool in order to stroke your ego? Why don't you go help them (Harijans) and then convert them? Nobody stopping you brother. But you won't. It's easier to switch on your computer and and attack a whole group of people in order to feel good about yourself while simultaneously leading a selfish life. What a joke! LOL!

You don't know me, and you have no idea what I do and don't do. Yes, I don't conduct missionary work amongst the Harijans, principally because I am living on the other side of the world where I have several responsibilities to my family and to my employers, and because I'm not equipped with enough knowledge of Gurbani or Hindustani tongues to be able to disseminate it amongst the Harijans of Northern India. The only way I can have a say in events beyond my immediate vicinity is to come and rant here. What good I can do in the real world, I will.

You're not getting what Ranjit is trying to say. If Ambedkar had that kind of sway among Harijans, why didn't millions of them follow his footstep and convert to Buddhism?

Because the cult of Ambedkar wasn't the be all and end all. His followers weren't mindless sheep. If the leader of the untouchables converted to Buddhism, a faith which advocates a surrender to your circumstances and has nothing to say about the cause for which you care most dearly, you probably wouldn't act in kind. Really, his conversion wouldn't seem to have had anything to do with the cause which you and he were part of, it was almost certainly a matter of personal taste. But if the leader of the untouchables converted to a faith which was the originator of concerted rebellion against the caste system, the scourge of your existence, and corroborated your cause with revealed truth, you may be more inclined to do the same.

My understanding in this Harijan/Dalit issue was that Mr MK Gandhi dissuaded Dr Ambedkar and his followers from following Sikhi. Apparently, he told them to follow any religion but Sikhi.

At the time , there were promises regarding reservations and caste quotas.

I feel that it could be in Maharaj ' s hukam that they did not because it would have been for the wrong reasons.

The reservation way is kind of a welfare/positive discrimination system. The Sikh way would be the empowerment way to pick yourself up.

But I feel we are delving away from the topic. It is shocking for a country that claims to be a democracy with rule of law can allow this feudal system to exist.

Well, in Punjab I am a Jatt and I am ashamed being one. Look at what the Jatts are doing, raping these innocent people. Also in Punjab Jatt Landlords discriminate others, and use the caste system. Even though Guru Nanak said that the Caste system was unfair.

These are Jaats not Jatts.

Uh, They are Jatts....... There are no such thing as Jaats. Please stop spreading lies.

Why would I lie? You dont know what a Jaat is. Have you ever been to India?

Jaats are found in Haryana, Rajasthan, UP, MP in large numbers. They are Hindus and speak Hindi. The story above is about Jaats of UP. Last year there was a huge riot between Hindu Jaats and Muslims in western UP. Sajan Kumar who killed Sikhs in 84 is a Jaat.

So yes, there is such a thing called a "Jaat"

Jaats are found in Haryana, Rajasthan, UP, MP in large numbers. They are Hindus and speak Hindi. The story above is about Jaats of UP. Last year there was a huge riot between Hindu Jaats and Muslims in western UP. Sajan Kumar who killed Sikhs in 84 is a Jaat.

I am sorry, for this Jonny. It was a misunderstanding, I never heard a such thing as a Jaat.