How Would You Treat A Muslim Guy Who Was Interested In Becoming A Sikh?

genie

I recently saw a post on some fb Sikh group that was complaining about muslim guy signing up to Sikh society events after they learned he was a muslim through his name.

That made me ponder what if the guy genuinely wanted to learn about Sikhi and become a Sikh? How should you deal with muslim guys who are interested? We know they are ideologically brainwashed from birth to hate non-muslims and their beliefs so should we scare of potential new Sikhs guys from Islam and barring them by background checks?

Or should we welcome them into the fold but have extra vigilance placed on them so that we see their motives are genuinely spiritual and love for Sikhi not sinister or predatory on grooming women undercover.

Wow.

I don't care about what you're saying about this guy...But you really have no idea about Islam or Muslims do you?

Like actually no idea.

Wow.

I don't care about what you're saying about this guy...But you really have no idea about Islam or Muslims do you?

Like actually no idea.

I think we are a lot more clued up than you think mate. I think a lot of Muslims really have no idea about other Muslims and see everything through rose tinted glasses when it comes to their own, then they act shocked when hordes of Muslims get exposed for mass paedophilia and stuff for example - because they were in denial about it taking place in the first place.

I mean if you can miss all that going on under your nose, what else are you oblivious too?

Wow.

Like actually no idea.

Sikhism respects all religions. Our ninth Guru Ji gave his life to save the kashmiri pandits.

A religion which does not respect other religions should not even be called a religion but a cult.

Some few followers of a religion can spoil the true essence of that religion and the world starts to look at that religion in a negative light.

At the end of our lives - we will face judgement where there will no religion but only right and wrong to be judged.

Hurting others whether they are religious or not is wrong whatever religion you follow.

Unfortunately Islam has missed the message, deviated from the universal truth of the message of God and is planning to mess up the whole planet too.

Perhaps we should all pray for their deliverance on their behalf.

Guest Jacfsing2

Sikhism respects all religions. Our ninth Guru Ji gave his life to save the kashmiri pandits.

A religion which does not respect other religions should not even be called a religion but a cult.

Some few followers of a religion can spoil the true essence of that religion and the world starts to look at that religion in a negative light.

At the end of our lives - we will face judgement where there will no religion but only right and wrong to be judged.

Hurting others whether they are religious or not is wrong whatever religion you follow.

Unfortunately Islam has missed the message, deviated from the universal truth of the message of God and is planning to mess up the whole planet too.

Are you one of those folk that believes all religions are equal?

Religion was supposed to bring one message - to unite man with God. All religions have tried to do this. Until they fall into the hands of men, who mold them into something else like cults etc.

However we have used and abused and misunderstood religion and used it for our own purposes.

The inner essence and core of all religions is the same but we have complicated it so much that religion has lost its meaning.

I'm not going to take the preaching in your post with any concern, but you advocate a minority representing a majority?

So I guess Sikhism would fall under the same banner, don't even try and tell me there aren't Sikhs who have missed the message.

I'm not going to take the preaching in your post with any concern, but you advocate a minority representing a majority?

So I guess Sikhism would fall under the same banner, don't even try and tell me there aren't Sikhs who have missed the message.

You must be in cloud cuckoo land trying to lecture Sikhs given what's going on in the Islamic world right now.

Don't you think your time would be better spent trying to humanise some of your brothers in faith instead? You know the ones doing things like beheadings, grooming, burning people alive, pedophilia and mass rape etc. etc.

I'm going to be brutally frank, I don't really care what a community does within its own ranks; people have the right to live like savages if they desire - but when it starts to spilling out and effecting us, we've got a right to point it out.

People like you are part of the problem with the way you like to act as if everything is hunky-dory whilst all manner of evil crap is going on under your nose. Maybe if a few more people were a bit more reflective and critical in your community certain things we complain about here wouldn't be so rampant?