Can A Person Follow Another Religion Along With Sikhi?

Baldeep4784

I have a baptized Mormon friend and she wants to become Sikh as well. I was born into a Sikh family but I only have little information about Sikhi.according to my understanding It is misleading. When she asked me this question I said you should just follow one religion whether it be mornonism or Sikhi. She got offended when I said that. I want a more detailed answer on why this is wrong so I can prevent any further confusion. Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Guest Jacfsing2

You could tell them that it's because they only have one head to give people and only one soul, and they have to choose whether to give it to Guru Nanak Dev Ji or Jesus, they can't follow both because there are some contradictions between GurSikhi and the Bible. Even more with the Book of Mormon.

Guest Jacfsing2

I would advise the person to follow the faith she feels for the most. All paths lead to the same route. Be a good human within any faIth and you will unite with god - thats my understanding of the SGGS anyway. please correct me if im wrong

The big question is because she wants to do both together. (At least that's who I read op's question). It's not on being in a faith but rather 2 at the same time.

According to Sikhi there is only one true religion. To commit oneself to that statement, an ideal discipline or religion if you will is Sikhi.

A logical challenge with following different disciplines/religions is that they will conflict on points. If they did not they would not be different. When that conflict arises the person will choose one.

If the person chooses parts of both for different conflicts then it's probably more accurate (and respectful) to say they are following their own religion, not both.