Sikh Man Killed In Arson Attack - Forest Gate

dallysingh101

British Sikh Man Killed In Arson Attack In UK

Twenty-one firefighters and four engines tackled the blaze, which was brought under control after two-and-a-half hours.

LONDON: A 60-year-old Indian-origin British Sikh man was killed after his house was set on fire by an attacker, who has been arrested, in east London on Christmas Day.

Harbhajan Singh Rooprai was inside his home when 27-year-old Tyrone Jacobs allegedly set his home on fire, causing flames to be ripped through the terraced house in Forest Gate.

Mr Rooprai died from burns and inhalation of fumes after he was found on the ground floor of the property.

Twenty-one firefighters and four engines tackled the blaze, which was brought under control after two-and-a-half hours.

Four people had managed to escape from the house before firefighters arrived.

Jacobs has been charged with murder and arson with intent to endanger life after the incident. He is due to appear at the Old Bailey court in London on March 21.

Another 32-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of murder has been bailed until mid-February.

Detective Chief Inspector Steve McCabe said: "Mr Rooprai's family have been left devastated by what has happened and are struggling to come to terms with the loss."

Mr Rooprai's relative Harjit said, "Words cannot express the pain and anguish of our family and friends have endured since the loss of our dear and loving uncle on Christmas Day".

"We have been left devastated. The news will haunt us and we are still in disbelief that a member of our family has been so cruelly snatched away from us," Harjit told the 'Evening Standard'.
Story First Published: January 07, 2016 00:30 IST

http://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/british-sikh-man-killed-in-arson-attack-in-uk-1262960?site=full

It's funny DallySingh we were talking about this recently. Tyrone, more than likely a black male. Wander if this was a hate crime. Any updates with the motive? I searched google but couldn't find anything.

Let's not jump to any conclusions yet.

In any case, I think there has been a persistent endeavor by the English media to downplay race attacks on Sikhs in recent times. Maybe they'll try and bury this one too?

Personally, I think apnay need to (sadly) anticipate such things and brace themselves for it - given the current political climate.

Guest Jacfsing2

Let's not jump to any conclusions yet.

In any case, I think there has been a persistent endeavor by the English media to downplay race attacks on Sikhs in recent times. Maybe they'll try and bury this one too?

Personally, I think apnay need to (sadly) anticipate such things and brace themselves for it - given the current political climate.

Isn't Arson a rare crime though? I'd assume if it was a race attack they wouldn't destroy an entire house? (It could be owned by a totally different person?)

Isn't Arson a rare crime though? I'd assume if it was a race attack they wouldn't destroy an entire house? (It could be owned by a totally different person?)

basically the house was set on fire whilst the occupants were sleeping , they don't care what they destroy they were willing to kill another human for being different what does a house matter to them ? You give them too much credit , they are unthinking animals....

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/crime-court/family_s_tribute_to_man_killed_in_christmas_day_fire_1_4369122

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/sikh-man-killed-in-uk-arson-attack/180515.html

• 3 weeks later...