Enjoying Life For A Sikh? Maya Difficulties/how To Solve?

waheguru ji khalsa waheguru ji fateh

how do you enjoy life things for a sikh like sports, career pursuits, watching tv shows, video games etc.

I know that guru ji told us to live in the world but still stay detached with they world,. Like i don't think it's possible unless you a high spiritual level or guru ji does direct kirpa on you right? Are sikhs suppose to enjoy comforts of living in the world like tasty food, a house, car etc Doesn't these things take you away from Waheguru.

How can you have any desire becuase were there is desire there can be no naam or love for waheguru you cant have maya and naam. Even if you don't indulge in comforts once you take a little posion of maya you want more right?\

My personal experience a a common sikh living in this world. It seems to be they more simran/nitenm/bani/sangat/kirtan/katha we do they better protected we are from maya but for me personal it is like maya always's win like i will win more a bit mabye few week's/months then one day i will get bad swear at someone, or get kaam out of no where.

it seem's like it's a huge up hill battle were your chances of wining are low 1% and maya 99% is wining most of they world right now. Seem's like unless you get lucky with guru ji kirpa you cant really do anything you can try but that's it?

Like i know i am not the best sikh out there, i try to wake up for amrit vela, try to fix my sleep had sleep problems still have they but trying to fix. i use to sleep at 4am or 5am which is really bad now i try to sleep at 10 or 11pm.

When i do wake up at amrit vela only way i have done it is staying awake whole night then do some of nitenm like 2 bani then some mool mantar and simran.

Yes i am amrithdahri ( if you mean i have been given amrit in

amrit sanchar) then yes.

i am definitely not being a sikh of the sat guru according to sir guru granth sahib. they most i could say is i am trying to become a sikh of a guru and i am a one that keeps failing at it too.

One thing i have noticed in my life is i do thing's in extreme no matter what it is either i do it alot everyday or i just give up so easily. Seems like i dont have courage/determination etc to keep going some times.

worldly things or spiritual things, seem's like i dont have the capability to stay balanced and do things slowly and consistently. They only thing that seem;s to help is simran and nitenm but eventually i stop doing that and then they cycle repeats its self.

Here is my cycle which i think i am in i will eventually realise to start doing bhagti from get inspiration from youtuber like basics of sikhi, stories of sikh's, sant's of sikhism etc which gives me courage to start doing some simran/nitem, then i start waking up at amrit vela after much effort from simran and nitnem slowy i start doing all of nitnem and an 1hour simran/moolmantar.

Then i start doing sangat at gurdwara once a week then twice a week there was a point were i went to gurdwara everyday at amrit vela for 2-3 hours doing simran /nitnem, then i also started doing seva at the langar a few days then eventually every day.

only time which i wasnt doing bhagti was when i was school other then that every other time i had was doing bhagti except for sleeping of course. It got to a point when i didnt care about anything but getting the anhand from bhagti they peace and bliss was so much that i was addicted to it and just wanted to drink it night and day and do nothing else..

so i kept this about for a 1 month then one day i stoped i think i was really exhusted from that day from school and felt tried, then i was stitting on computer then a thought came about kaam in i ignored at first then eventually give in and watched bad videos' etc and touch my self.

i was so sad/angry saying why i had do that and ruin all they hard work i had done, it seemed like i made a wall to protect my self but it was destroyed in a instantly by kaam.

This cycle has repeating it's self for 4-5 years now, but it getting hard to keep getting up from the attacks and it seem's every time i get up and fall i fall further down the deep pit of maya, its like 1 step forward to guru then 1000 steps back for failure.

I dont know anything else to do then do simran/nitnem and follow guru teaching's even though i keep failing there is one thing i have kept saying to my self that one day i will get up and wont fall again wonder if that day will ever come or not. I just hope guru ji know's i am trying to reach him.

I also believe that atlest i am trying to get back up most people dont even know about this path and how straight it is to Waheguru and simple.

waheguru ji khalsa waheguru ji fateh

Sikhis is a journey.

It is a long path, it is not the easiest path one can walk.

Sometimes, somewhere down the path, you get tired and give in to sin, that happens to everyone, whichever path they walk(be it Sikhi, Chritianity, Islam, etc.).

There is only one thing you can do, and that is ask Waheguru for forgiveness en pray that He may give you the strengt to refrain from sin the next time.

You can't expect from yourself to win every battle from kaam at this stage in your journey.

At the beginning of the journey kaam will win every battle, but the further you get down the path, the more battles you will win from kaam, but only at the end of the path will you be able to win every battle.

So when kaam knocks you down, you just need to get back up on your feet, pray for forgiveness and carry on down the path.

You managed to stay clear from kaam for 1 month, next time you try that might be 2 months, then 3 months, and one day you will be able to keep it up for the rest of your life. Believe in yourself, and believe that Waheguru will forgive your demerits if you do good deeds.

Other than the Gurus, have there ever been people completely free from sin?

Have a little faith in yourself, you will get there one day.

we have no jor ourselves so ask your Pita ji for help to keep your amritvela , and to keep the panj chor away ... when you are going to eat or drink r enjoy something thank Waheguru first and in that way your mind will realise just how much Waheguru is dayal and will want to do more bhagti ... Keep in chardi kala , remember you are just bobbing up and down on the world ocean - sometimes up , sometimes down but keeping praying for that arm to pull you out .

Guru Pyareo, there have been many jogi types like Buddha and others who have attempted to reach God through only meditation by disassociating themselves from Society.

Our Guru's taught us that we can only reach God by meditating upon him while simultaneously taking care of our home responsibilities. Tehre is nothing wrong with making an honest living, enjoying sports, etc. However, we must be careful not to get attached to such items. We should live a modest life. A small house, an efficient mode of transportation and always donate to charities. If you can afford to build a large house and drive a Bentley, that is your call....personally I'd suggest using that money to help people who have been as blessed by Waheguru.

It is a fine balance and without the blessing of Waheguru, it is not possible. I suggest you beg Waheguru for his naam in Ardas and everything else will take care of itself. Remember, man is capable of nothing...everything happens by the will of God.

Khalsa Ji,

we ourselves cannot do anything, nothing is in our hands, all is AkaalPurkhs kirpa.

Why do we suffer ? As long as we follow Guru Ji we are fine, as soon as we include "Meh" in the equation that is when things start going wrong, as soon as our ego kicks in and we say that "we did this" "we did that" then Guru Ji takes a step back and says "Okay Puttra do it then!" and then in the long run we fail.

This is a long game so take it steady and build your foundation slowly and steadily. Always remember that you can falter at any time. Great Rishis/Munies have failed so who are we?

We make mistakes and we make them all the time only Guru Ji is above this, so do not cut your self up so much. When you falter do adrass and ask forgiveness and move on, there is no guilt factor. Yes you will feel bad as you have been doing so well but take a look at yourself, were you going into ego was hunkar creeping in ? the you will trip up of course because your Guru wants to make you pure and everytime you take a wrong step then you will fall this is so that next time you will be more careful. Everything happens for a reason. After a month maybe you thought you were doing really great - amritwell, paath , naam, simran, sewa - WRONG! Never think you are great, become ZERO. Become lowest of the low. See that drunk walking along the street think you are lower then him, only through nimarta will you progress. Get one thought of hunkaar and you will fall. Pick yourself up do ardass and carry one - ONE DAY YOU WILL REACH YOUR DESTINATION, but you must carry on on your path.

Two things :

1 Take it easy, this is not a sprint, this is a path that you have followed for many lifetimes and there may be many more to get through, so take it easy and do as much as you can sustain but you mustn't cut yourself away from the world, you have to engage with the worls also.

2. and most importantly, if you walk with your Guru you will succeed, if you try to do it yourself you will fail.

Every day do ardaas/benti to Guru Gobind Singh Ji that they help you in your endeavour only then will you succeed. If you decide to get up at amritwell, if you decide to do paath , if you decide to do naam/simran ultimately you will fail. See Him in all and take His hand and carry on through thick and thin.

Maya is stronger now in these times than it is in the times of our ancestors. We have more distractions and more opportunities to stray from the right path.

So how do you over come this? Well focus on the end goal, which is reaching Waheguru after this life is over because we will all have go to our maker one day.

And how can you train yourself your mind to focus in Sikhi? Well best way in my mind is to fight the battles for Waheguru on this earth......Go to ideological battles with enemies of Sikhi... seek out its opponents and spread Sikhi giving parchar to non-sikhs especially their women (their breeding stock). This will motivate you from the insignificant pass times and meaningless activities.

End of the day when we die we will be questioned what did you do for the furthermost or betterment of the Sikh religion. If you didnt help spread it but were too lazy and let people convert your siblings and offsprings to their ideologies then you wasted your life and the gift waheguru gave you which was why you was born or converted to this faith rather than all the rubbish out there that will bring non-believers certain doom and countless hellish lifeforms again.

Given this morning's news broadcast and yesterday's on the radio the challenge is in front of us laid down by Kaal...

they are planning, the UK government to ask 3 and 4 year old children what gender they identify with ...and on the back of that they will proceed to make it happen by suppressing development through monthly injections and mind-molding to their agenda , end game to full transition : Population control and a big Birdie to Akal Purakh's hukham .

Personally I can see personalities of teens getting moulded by constant gameplaying and cosplay ....look at the Koreans and Japanese most of the guys are getting feminized , start dressing like girls and have lost interest in Real life relationships i.e. normal family, couple situations . I am convinced there is some element of subliminal programming going on ...because my friends and I are experiencing the phenomena where our lads if they don't do naam they start talking and be pulled into that behaviour . Road rage aint got nothing on game lag rage .

The girls and boys are being encouraged to play the field and not settle down i.e. go against the prohibition of premarital relations . From young age our girls are being influenced by paedo Disney indoctrination (ever noticed how the girls look like preteens and the guys like adult men).

So we have asexualisation through mind control and physical means or hypersexualisation by pushing 'live it up' culture both outside Hukham , both destructive for future generations of God-fearing people . Forget about Uk remaining a Christian nation , no faith is safe . We really need to get hearts and minds of children, teens and young adults to prevent them doing something they will live to regret.