Fighting Ego and Pride

Guest saynotoego

Guest saynotoego

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

A few months ago I really started engaging myself in this spiritual journey. I grew up in a Punjabi family where Sikh was the our faith but not practised. In my adulthood I was not aware of my level of egotistical pride and holding the illusionary things we have in life to such a high standard. In fact I still do as I type this. I'm aware of just some of the areas of my egotistical pride and I see it as something that is so, so, so difficult to address. I'm talking about fighting years of personal beliefs and attitudes. I never realized how much I don't really know until I started reading, just lightly, the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. I do not know anything. Everything I thought I knew does not measure up to anything in light of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

There's so much headache with egotistical pride. Typing this makes me feel a bit better because I am getting my thoughts out. Today I suffered a "hurt ego". It kept me down the entire day. What a waste of breath and life. 

8 hours ago, Guest saynotoego said:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

A few months ago I really started engaging myself in this spiritual journey. I grew up in a Punjabi family where Sikh was the our faith but not practised. In my adulthood I was not aware of my level of egotistical pride and holding the illusionary things we have in life to such a high standard. In fact I still do as I type this. I'm aware of just some of the areas of my egotistical pride and I see it as something that is so, so, so difficult to address. I'm talking about fighting years of personal beliefs and attitudes. I never realized how much I don't really know until I started reading, just lightly, the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. I do not know anything. Everything I thought I knew does not measure up to anything in light of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

There's so much headache with egotistical pride. Typing this makes me feel a bit better because I am getting my thoughts out. Today I suffered a "hurt ego". It kept me down the entire day. What a waste of breath and life. 

Bro/Sis ,  Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh,

When we do sewa with naam simran it helps bring our attention outwards in a good way, from being totally focussed on the self . Just keep on with your nitnem and Gurbani khoj and add some sewa to that simran,  Guru ji will resolve your issues before you know it . Don't regret too much just do Ardas that you do not slip back into old ways again, as Guru Pita ji is always there for you.

• 1 month later...

Over the years as I got more into sikhi I started to have experiences which made me believe in God even more. I really wanted to let God know I was serious about Bhagti and so asked him to take away something as a test of whether I would still believe in him or not, I knew I didn't need them to love him. 

He answered my prayer and that thing got taken away. I continued my belief in him. Then more or less everything was taken, family, friends, social status. But my love for Him stayed in tact throughout. 

Material things come and go, we come alone and go alone, Noone is there for anyone else. But He will always love us unconditionally in truth and that's all we really need. 

When you live with poverty of the heart, appreciate your blessings but Accept that we have nothing, we are nothing, we are <banned word filter activated> and that's it- nothing can touch us. 

Who can slander you when you have no possessions, or anything else. Everything belongs to him. 

Some people have ego of seva and power but seva is given by him, power is His. The only way we can truly ever have peace is if we accept the nothing as the overriding truth