Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lords Name does not abide within their hearts their mothers should have been sterile. These bodies wander around, forlorn and abandoned, without the Name; their lives waste away, and they die, crying out in pain. || 1 || O my mind, chant the Name of the Lord, the Lord within you. The Merciful Lord God, Har, Har, has showered me with His Mercy; the Guru has imparted spiritual wisdom to me, and my mind has been instructed. || Pause || In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Kirtan of the Lords Praise brings the most noble and exalted status; the Lord is found through the True Guru. I am a sacrifice to my True Guru, who has revealed the Lords hidden Name to me. || 2 || By great good fortune, I obtained the Blessed Vision of the Darshan of the Holy; it removes all stains of sin. I have found the True Guru, the great, all-knowing King; He has shared with me the many Glorious Virtues of the Lord. || 3 || Those, unto whom the Lord, the Life of the world, has shown Mercy, enshrine Him within their hearts, and cherish Him in their minds. The Righteous Judge of Dharma, in the Court of the Lord, has torn up my papers; servant Nanaks account has been settled. || 4 || 5 ||

Sunday, 26th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG : 697)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !! :doh:

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The elephant offers its head to the reins, and the anvil offers itself to the hammer; just so, we offer our minds and bodies to our Guru; we stand before Him, and serve Him. This is how the Gurmukhs eliminate their self-conceit, and come to rule the whole world. O Nanak, the Gurmukh understands, when the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Blessed and approved is the coming into the world, of those Gurmukhs who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. O Nanak, they save their families, and they are honored in the Court of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: The Guru unites His Sikhs, the Gurmukhs, with the Lord. The Guru keeps some of them with Himself, and engages others in His Service. Those who cherish their Beloved in their conscious minds, the Guru blesses them with His Love. The Guru loves all of His Gursikhs equally well, like friends, children and siblings. So chant the Name of the Guru, the True Guru, everyone! Chanting the Name of the Guru, Guru, you shall be rejuvenated. || 14 ||

Monday, 27th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 647)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH :doh:

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has granted His Grace, and God has fulfilled my desire. After taking my bath of purification, I returned to my home, and I found bliss, happiness and peace. || 1 || O Saints, salvation comes from the Lords Name. While standing up and sitting down, meditate on the Lords Name. Night and day, do good deeds. || 1 || Pause || The way of the Saints is the ladder of righteous living, found only by great good fortune. The sins of millions of incarnations are washed away, by focusing your consciousness on the Lords feet. || 2 || So sing the Praises of your God forever; His almighty power is perfect. All beings and creatures are purified, listening to the True Teachings of the True Guru. || 3 || The True Guru has implanted the Naam, the Name of the Lord, within me; it is the Eliminator of obstructions, the Destroyer of all pains. All of my sins were erased, and I have been purified; servant Nanak has returned to his home of peace. || 4 || 3 || 53 ||

Monday, 28th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ang: 621)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH :doh:

SOOHEE, FOURTH MEHL, FIFTH HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

O humble Saints, I have met my Beloved Guru; the fire of my desire is quenched, and my yearning is gone. I dedicate my mind and body to the True Guru; I pray that may He unite me with God, the treasure of virtue. Blessed, blessed is the Guru, the Supreme Being, who tells me of the most blessed Lord. By great good fortune, servant Nanak has found the Lord; he blossoms forth in the Naam. || 1 || I have met my Beloved Friend, the Guru, who has shown me the Path to the Lord. Come home I have been separated from You for so long! Please, let me merge with You, through the Word of the Gurus Shabad, O my Lord God. Without You, I am so sad; like a fish out of water, I shall die. The very fortunate ones meditate on the Lord; servant Nanak merges into the Naam. || 2 || The mind runs around in the ten directions; the self-willed manmukh wanders around, deluded by doubt. In his mind, he continually conjures up hopes; his mind is gripped by hunger and thirst. There is an infinite treasure buried within the mind, but still, he goes out, searching for poison. O servant Nanak, praise the Naam, the Name of the Lord; without the Name, he rots away, and wastes away to death. || 3 || Finding the beautiful and fascinating Guru, I have conquered my mind, through the Bani, the Word of my Beloved Lord. My heart has forgotten its common sense and wisdom; my mind has forgotten its hopes and cares. Deep within my self, I feel the pains of divine love. Beholding the Guru, my mind is comforted and consoled. Awaken my good destiny, O God please, come and meet me! Each and every instant, servant Nanak is a sacrifice to You. || 4 || 1 || 5 ||

Wednesday, 29th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Ang: 776)

VAHEHGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !! :doh:

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

Gazing upon the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan, I live. My karma is perfect, O my God. || 1 || Please, listen to this prayer, O my God. Please bless me with Your Name, and make me Your chaylaa, Your disciple. || 1 || Pause || Please keep me under Your Protection, O God, O Great Giver. By Gurus Grace, a few people understand this. || 2 || Please hear my prayer, O God, my Friend. May Your Lotus Feet abide within my consciousness. || 3 || Nanak makes one prayer: may I never forget You, O perfect treasure of virtue. || 4 || 18 || 24 ||

Thursday, 30th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 742)

VAHEHGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !! :doh:

vahegruu ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

The Jewel of the Lords Name abides within my heart; the Guru has placed His hand on my forehead. The sins and pains of countless incarnations have been cast out. The Guru has blessed me with the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and my debt has been paid off. || 1 || O my mind, vibrate the Lords Name, and all your affairs shall be resolved. The Perfect Guru has implanted the Lords Name within me; without the Name, life is useless. || Pause || Without the Guru, the self-willed manmukhs are foolish and ignorant; they are forever entangled in emotional attachment to Maya. They never serve the feet of the Holy; their lives are totally useless. || 2 || Those who serve at the feet of the Holy, the feet of the Holy, their lives are made fruitful, and they belong to the Lord. Make me the slave of the slave of the slaves of the Lord; bless me with Your Mercy, O Lord of the Universe. || 3 || I am blind, ignorant and totally without wisdom; how can I walk on the Path? I am blind O Guru, please let me grasp the hem of Your robe, so that servant Nanak may walk in harmony with You. || 4 || 1 ||

Friday, 31st Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ang: 696

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

WADAHANS, FOURTH MEHL:

The body is the Lords horse, imbued with the fresh and new color. From the Guru, I ask for the Lords spiritual wisdom. I ask for the Lords spiritual wisdom, and the Lords sublime sermon; through the Name of the Lord, I have come to know His value and His state. The Creator has made my whole life fruitful; I chant the Name of the Lord. The Lords humble servant begs for the Lords Name, for the Lords Praises, and for devotional worship of the Lord God. Says servant Nanak, listen, O Saints: devotional worship of the Lord, the Lord of the Universe, is good and sublime. || 1 || The golden body is adorned with the saddle of gold. It is adorned with the jewel of the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. Adorned with the jewel of the Naam, one obtains the Lord of the Universe; he meets the Lord and sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord, obtaining all sorts of comforts. He obtains the Word of the Gurus Shabad, and meditates on the Name of the Lord; by great good fortune, he assumes the color of the Lords Love. He meets his Lord and Master, the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts; His body is ever-new, and His color is ever-fresh. Nanak chants and realizes the Naam; he begs for the Name of the Lord, the Lord God. || 2 || The Guru has placed the reins in the mouth of the body-horse. The mind-elephant is overpowered by the Word of the Gurus Shabad. The bride obtains the supreme status, as her mind is brought under control; she is the beloved of her Husband Lord. Deep within her inner being, she is in love with her Lord. In His home, she is so beautiful she is the bride of her Lord God. Attuned to the Lords Love, she is intuitively absorbed in bliss; she obtains the Lord God, Har, Har. Servant Nanak, the Lords slave, says that only the very fortunate meditate on the Lord, Har, Har. || 3 || The body is the horse, which one rides to the Lord. Meeting the True Guru, one sings the songs of joy. Sing the songs of joy to the Lord, serve the Name of the Lord, and become the servant of His servants. Go and enter the Mansion of Gods Presence, and lovingly enjoy the Lords Love. I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, so pleasing to my mind; following the Gurus Teachings, I meditate on the Lord within my mind. The Lord has showered His Mercy upon servant Nanak; mounting the body-horse, he has found the Lord. || 4 || 2 || 6 ||

Saturday, 1st Saawan (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ang: 575)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !! :)

GUJRI, FIFTH MEHL:

You are the Giver of all beings; please, come to dwell within my mind. That heart, within which Your lotus feet are enshrined, suffers no darkness or doubt. || 1 || O Lord Master, wherever I remember You, there I find You. Show Mercy to me, O God, Cherisher of all, that I may sing Your Praises forever. || 1 || Pause || With each and every breath, I contemplate Your Name; O God, I long for You alone. O Nanak, my support is the Creator Lord; I have renounced all other hopes. || 2 || 10 || 19 || pray.gifpray.gif

Sunday, 2nd Saawan (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 499)

GUJRI, THIRD MEHL:

The One Name is the treasure, O Pandit. Listen to these True Teachings. No matter what you read in duality, reading and contemplating it, you shall only continue to suffer. || 1 || So grasp the Lords lotus feet; through the Word of the Gurus Shabad, you shall come to understand. With your tongue, taste the sublime elixir of the Lord, and your mind shall be rendered immaculately pure. || 1 || Pause || Meeting the True Guru, the mind becomes content, and then, hunger and desire will not trouble you any longer. Obtaining the treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, one does not go knocking at other doors. || 2 || The self-willed manmukh babbles on and on, but he does not understand. One whose heart is illumined, by Gurus Teachings, obtains the Name of the Lord. || 3 || You may listen to the Shaastras, but you do not understand, and so you wander from door to door. He is a fool, who does not understand his own self, and who does not enshrine love for the True Lord. || 4 || The True Lord has fooled the world no one has any say in this at all. O Nanak, He does whatever He pleases, according to His Will. || 5 || 7 || 9 ||

Monday, 3rd Saawan (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 492)

GUJRI, FIFTH MEHL:

Show Mercy to me, and grant me the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. I sing Your Praises night and day. With my hair, I wash the feet of Your slave; this is my lifes purpose. || 1 || O Lord and Master, without You, there is no other at all. O Lord, in my mind I remain conscious of You; with my tongue I worship You, and with my eyes, I gaze upon You. || 1 || Pause || O Merciful Lord, O Lord and Master of all, with my palms pressed together I pray to You. Nanak, Your slave, chants Your Name, and is redeemed in the twinkling of an eye. || 2 || 11 || 20 ||

Tuesday, 4th Saawan (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 492)