Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

RAAMKALEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is a jewel, a ruby. It brings Truth, contentment and spiritual wisdom. The Lord entrusts the treasures of peace, intuition and kindness to His devotees. || 1 || This is the treasure of my Lord. Consuming and expending it, it is never used up. The Lord has no end or limitation. || 1 || Pause || The Kirtan of the Lords Praise is a priceless diamond. It is the ocean of bliss and virtue. In the Word of the Gurus Bani is the wealth of the unstruck sound current. The Saints hold the key to it in their hands. || 2 || They sit there, in the cave of deep Samaadhi; the unique, perfect Lord God dwells there. God holds conversations with His devotees. There is no pleasure or pain, no birth or death there. || 3 || One whom the Lord Himself blesses with His Mercy, obtains the Lords wealth in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. Nanak prays to the merciful Primal Lord; the Lord is my merchandise, and the Lord is my capital. || 4 || 24 || 35 ||

Tuesday 30 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 893)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUJRI, FIRST MEHL:

Those who beg of God the Great Giver — their numbers cannot be counted. You, Almighty True Lord, fulfill the desires within their hearts. || 1 || O Dear Lord, chanting, deep meditation, self-discipline and truth are my foundations. Bless me with Your Name, Lord, that I may find peace. Your devotional worship is a treasure over-flowing. || 1 || Pause || Some remain absorbed in Samaadhi, their minds fixed lovingly on the One Lord; they reflect only on the Word of the Shabad. In that state, there is no water, land, earth or sky; only the Creator Lord Himself exists. || 2 || There is no intoxication of Maya there, and no shadow, nor the infinite light of the sun or the moon. The eyes within the mind which see everything — with one glance, they see the three worlds. || 3 || He created air, water and fire, Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva — the whole creation. All are beggars; You alone are the Great Giver, God. You give Your gifts according to Your own considerations. || 4 || Thirty-three million gods beg of God the Master; even as He gives, His treasures are never exhausted. Nothing can be contained in a vessel turned upside-down; Ambrosial Nectar pours into the upright one. || 5 || The Siddhas in Samaadhi beg for wealth and miracles, and proclaim His victory. As is the thirst within their minds, so is the water which You give to them. || 6 || The most fortunate ones serve their Guru; there is no difference between the Divine Guru and the Lord. The Messenger of Death cannot see those who come to realize within their minds the contemplative meditation of the Word of the Shabad. || 7 || I shall never ask anything else of the Lord; please, bless me with the Love of Your Immaculate Name. Nanak, the song-bird, begs for the Ambrosial Water; O Lord, shower Your Mercy upon him, and bless him with Your Praise. || 8 || 2 ||

Wednesday 31 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 503-504)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

The One who sent you, has now recalled you; return to your home now in peace and pleasure. In bliss and ecstasy, sing His Glorious Praises; by this celestial tune, you shall acquire your everlasting kingdom. || 1 || Come back to your home, O my friend. The Lord Himself has eliminated your enemies, and your misfortunes are past. || Pause || God, the Creator Lord, has glorified you, and your running and rushing around has ended. In your home, there is rejoicing; the musical instruments continually play, and your Husband Lord has exalted you. || 2 || Remain firm and steady, and do not ever waver; take the Guru’s Word as your Support. You shall be applauded and congratulated all over the world, and your face shall be radiant in the Court of the Lord. || 3 || All beings belong to Him; He Himself transforms them, and He Himself becomes their help and support. The Creator Lord has worked a wondrous miracle; O Nanak, His glorious greatness is true. || 4 || 4 || 28 ||

Thursday 1st Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 678)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

When Your hand is over our heads, O Lord and Master, how can we suffer in pain? The mortal being does not know how to chant Your Name he is intoxicated with the wine of Maya, and the thought of death does not even enter his mind. || 1 || O my Sovereign Lord, You belong to the Saints, and the Saints belong to You. Your servant is not afraid of anything; the Messenger of Death cannot even approach him. || 1 || Pause || Those who are attuned to Your Love, O my Lord and Master, are released from the pains of birth and death. No one can erase Your Blessings; the True Guru has given me this assurance. || 2 || Those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtain the fruits of peace. Twenty-four hours a day, they worship and adore You. In Your Sanctuary, with Your Support, they subdue the five villains. || 3 || I know nothing about wisdom, meditation and good deeds; I know nothing about Your excellence. Guru Nanak is the greatest of all; He saved my honor in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. || 4 || 10 || 57 ||

Saturday 3rd Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 749)

TILANG, SECOND HOUSE, FIFTH MEHL:

There is no other than You, Lord. You are the Creator; whatever You do, that alone happens. You are the strength, and You are the support of the mind. Forever and ever, meditate, O Nanak, on the One. || 1 || The Great Giver is the Supreme Lord God over all. You are our support, You are our sustainer. || Pause || You are, You are, and You shall ever be, O inaccessible, unfathomable, lofty and infinite Lord. Those who serve You, are not touched by fear or suffering. By Guru’s Grace, O Nanak, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. || 2 || Whatever is seen, is Your form, O treasure of virtue, O Lord of the Universe, O Lord of incomparable beauty. Remembering, remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, His humble servant becomes like Him. O Nanak, by His Grace, we obtain Him. || 3 || I am a sacrifice to those who meditate on the Lord. Associating with them, the whole world is saved. Says Nanak, God fulfills our hopes and aspirations. I long for the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 2 ||

Sunday 4th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 723)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Body, mind, wealth and everything belong to Him; He alone is all-wise and all-knowing. He listens to my pains and pleasures, and then my condition improves. || 1 || My soul is satisfied with the One Lord alone. People make all sorts of other efforts, but they have no value at all. || Pause || The Ambrosial Naam, the Name of the Lord, is a priceless jewel. The Guru has given me this advice. It cannot be lost, and it cannot be shaken off; it remains steady, and I am perfectly satisfied with it. || 2 || Those things which tore me away from You, Lord, are now gone. When golden ornaments are melted down into a lump, they are still said to be gold. || 3 || The Divine Light has illuminated me, and I am filled with celestial peace and glory; the unstruck melody of the Lord’s Bani resounds within me. Says Nanak, I have built my eternal home; the Guru has constructed it for me. || 4 || 5 ||

Monday 5th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 671)

TODEE, 5th GURU, 5th HOUSE, DU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Such is the blessing my God has bestowed upon me. He has totally banished the five evils and the illness of egotism from my body. || Pause || Breaking my bonds, and releasing me from vice and corruption, He has enshrined the Word of the Guru’s Shabad within my heart. The Lord has not considered my beauty or ugliness; instead, He has held me with love. I am drenched with His Love. || 1 || I behold my Beloved, now that the curtain has been torn away. My mind is happy, pleased and satisfied. My house is His; He is my God. Nanak is obedient to His Lord and Master. || 2 || 1 || 20 ||

Tuesday, 6th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 716)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He alone is called a warrior, who is attached to the Lord’s Love in this age. Through the Perfect True Guru, he conquers his own soul, and then everything comes under his control. || 1 || Sing the Praises of the Lord and Master, with the love of your soul. Those who seek His Sanctuary, and meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are blended with the Lord in celestial peace. || 1 || Pause || The feet of the Lord’s humble servant abide in my heart; with them, my body is made pure. O treasure of mercy, please bless Nanak with the dust of the feet of Your humble servants; this alone brings peace. || 2 || 4 || 35 ||

Thursday, 8th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 679)