Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

BILAAVAL, ASHTAPADEES, FIRST MEHL, TENTH HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

He dwells close at hand, and sees all, but how rare is the Gurmukh who understands this. Without the Fear of God, there is no devotional worship. Imbued with the Word of the Shabad, eternal peace is attained. || 1 || Such is the spiritual wisdom, the treasure of the Naam; obtaining it, the Gurmukhs enjoy the subtle essence of this nectar. || 1 || Pause || Everyone talks about spiritual wisdom and spiritual knowledge. Talking, talking, they argue, and suffer. No one can stop talking and discussing it. Without being imbued with the subtle essence, there is no liberation. || 2 || Spiritual wisdom and meditation all come from the Guru. Through the lifestyle of Truth, the True Lord comes to dwell in the mind. The self-willed manmukh talks about it, but does not practice it. Forgetting the Name, he finds no place of rest. || 3 || Maya has caught the mind in the trap of the whirlpool. Each and every heart is trapped by this bait of poison and sin. See that whoever has come, is subject to death. Your affairs shall be adjusted, if you contemplate the Lord in your heart. || 4 || He alone is a spiritual teacher, who lovingly focuses his consciousness on the Word of the Shabad. The self-willed, egotistical manmukh loses his honor. The Creator Lord Himself inspires us to His devotional worship. He Himself blesses the Gurmukh with glorious greatness. || 5 || The life-night is dark, while the Divine Light is immaculate. Those who lack the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are false, filthy and untouchable. The Vedas preach sermons of devotional worship. Listening, hearing and believing, one beholds the Divine Light. || 6 || The Shaastras and Simritees implant the Naam within. The Gurmukh lives in peace and tranquility, doing deeds of sublime purity. The self-willed manmukh suffers the pains of reincarnation. His bonds are broken, enshrining the Name of the One Lord. || 7 || Believing in the Naam, one obtains true honor and adoration. Who should I see? There is none other than the Lord. I see, and I say, that He alone is pleasing to my mind. Says Nanak, there is no other at all. || 8 || 1 ||

Sunday, 11th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) 24rd April, 2005 (Page: 831)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL, CHHANT:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

The time of rejoicing has come; I sing of my Lord God. I have heard of my Imperishable Husband Lord, and happiness fills my mind. My mind is in love with Him; when shall I realize my great good fortune, and meet with my Perfect Husband? If only I could meet the Lord of the Universe, and be automatically absorbed into Him; tell me how, O my companions! Day and night, I stand and serve my God; how can I attain Him? Prays Nanak, have mercy on me, and attach me to the hem of Your robe, O Lord. || 1 || Joy has come! I have purchased the jewel of the Lord. Searching, the seeker has found the Lord with the Saints. I have met the Beloved Saints, and they have blessed me with their kindness; I contemplate the Unspoken Speech of the Lord. With my consciousness centered, and my mind one-pointed, I meditate on my Lord and Master, with love and affection. With my palms pressed together, I pray unto God, to bless me with the profit of the Lords Praise. Prays Nanak, I am Your slave. My God is inaccessible and unfathomable. || 2 || The date for my wedding is set, and cannot be changed; my union with the Lord is perfect. I am totally at peace, and my separation from Him has ended. The Saints meet and come together, and meditate on God; they form a wondrous wedding party. Gathering together, they arrive with poise and grace, and love fills the minds of the brides family. Her light blends with His Light, through and through, and everyone enjoys the Nectar of the Lords Name. Prays Nanak, the Saints have totally united me with God, the All-powerful Cause of causes. || 3 || Beautiful is my home, and beauteous is the earth. God has entered the home of my heart; I touch the Gurus feet. Grasping the Gurus feet, I awake in peace and poise. All my desires are fulfilled. My hopes are fulfilled, through the dust of the feet of the Saints. After such a long separation, I have met my Husband Lord. Night and day, the sounds of ecstasy resound and resonate; I have forsaken my stubborn-minded intellect. Prays Nanak, I seek the Sanctuary of my Lord and Master; in the Society of the Saints, I am lovingly attuned to Him. || 4 || 1 ||

Monday, 12th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

BILAAVAL, FOURTH MEHL:

Meditate on the cool water of the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. Perfume yourself with the fragrant scent of the Lord, the sandalwood tree. Joining the Society of the Saints, I have obtained the supreme status. I am just a castor-oil tree, made fragrant by their association. || 1 || Meditate on the Lord of the Universe, the Master of the world, the Lord of creation. Those humble beings who seek the Lords Sanctuary are saved, like Prahlaad; they are emancipated and merge with the Lord. || 1 || Pause || Of all plants, the sandalwood tree is the most sublime. Everything near the sandalwood tree becomes fragrant like sandalwood. The stubborn, false faithless cynics are dried up; their egotistical pride separates them far from the Lord. || 2 || Only the Creator Lord Himself knows the state and condition of everyone; the Lord Himself makes all the arrangements. One who meets the True Guru is transformed into gold. Whatever is pre-ordained, is not erased by erasing. || 3 || The treasure of jewels is found in the ocean of the Gurus Teachings. The treasure of devotional worship is opened to me. Focused on the Gurus Feet, faith wells up within me; chanting the Glorious Praises of the Lord, I hunger for more. || 4 || I am totally detached, continually, continuously meditating on the Lord; chanting the Glorious Praises of the Lord, I express my love for Him. Time and time again, each and every moment and instant, I express it. I cannot find the Lords limits; He is the farthest of the far. || 5 || The Shaastras, the Vedas and the Puraanas advise righteous actions, and the performance of the six religious rituals. The hypocritical, self-willed manmukhs are ruined by doubt; in the waves of greed, their boat is heavily loaded, and it sinks. || 6 || So chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and through the Naam, find emancipation. The Simritees and Shaastras recommend the Naam. Eradicating egotism, one becomes pure. The Gurmukh is inspired, and obtains the supreme status. || 7 || This world, with its colors and forms, is all Yours, O Lord; as You attach us, so do we do our deeds. O Nanak, we are the instruments upon which He plays; as He wills, so is the path we take. || 8 || 2 || 5 ||

Tueday , 13th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 833-834)

Bilaaval, Ashtapadees, First Mehl, Tenth House:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

He dwells close at hand, and sees all,

but how rare is the Gurmukh who understands this.

Without the Fear of God, there is no devotional worship.

Imbued with the Word of the Shabad, eternal peace is attained. ||1||

Such is the spiritual wisdom, the treasure of the Naam;

obtaining it, the Gurmukhs enjoy the subtle essence of this nectar. ||1||Pause||

Everyone talks about spiritual wisdom and spiritual knowledge.

Talking, talking, they argue, and suffer.

No one can stop talking and discussing it.

Without being imbued with the subtle essence, there is no liberation. ||2||

Spiritual wisdom and meditation all come from the Guru.

Through the lifestyle of Truth, the True Lord comes to dwell in the mind.

The self-willed manmukh talks about it, but does not practice it.

Forgetting the Name, he finds no place of rest. ||3||

Maya has caught the mind in the trap of the whirlpool.

Each and every heart is trapped by this bait of poison and sin.

See that whoever has come, is subject to death.

Your affairs shall be adjusted, if you contemplate the Lord in your heart. ||4||

He alone is a spiritual teacher, who lovingly focuses his consciousness on the Word of the Shabad.

The self-willed, egotistical manmukh loses his honor.

The Creator Lord Himself inspires us to His devotional worship.

He Himself blesses the Gurmukh with glorious greatness. ||5||

The life-night is dark, while the Divine Light is immaculate.

Those who lack the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are false, filthy and untouchable.

The Vedas preach sermons of devotional worship.

Listening, hearing and believing, one beholds the Divine Light. ||6||

The Shaastras and Simritees implant the Naam within.

The Gurmukh lives in peace and tranquility, doing deeds of sublime purity.

The self-willed manmukh suffers the pains of reincarnation.

His bonds are broken, enshrining the Name of the One Lord. ||7||

Believing in the Naam, one obtains true honor and adoration.

Who should I see? There is none other than the Lord.

I see, and I say, that He alone is pleasing to my mind.

Says Nanak, there is no other at all. ||8||1||

thursday, 28th april, 2005

DHANAASAREE, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE NAAM DAYV JEE:

First of all, the lotuses bloomed in the woods; from them, all the swan-souls came into being. Know that, through Krishna, the Lord, Har, Har, the dance of creation dances. || 1 || First of all, there was only the Primal Being. From that Primal Being, Maya was produced. All that is, is His. In this Garden of the Lord, we all dance, like water in the pots of the Persian wheel. || 1 || Pause || Women and men both dance. There is no other than the Lord. Don’t dispute this, and don’t doubt this. The Lord says, “This creation and I are one and the same.” || 2 || Like the pots on the Persian wheel, sometimes the world is high, and sometimes it is low. Wandering and roaming around, I have come at last to Your Door. “Who are you?” “I am Naam Dayv, Sir.” O Lord, please save me from Maya, the cause of death. || 3 || 4 ||

Friday , 16th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 693)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The friends who love the True Guru, meet with the Lord, the True Friend. Meeting their Beloved, they meditate on the True Lord with love and affection. Their minds are appeased by their own minds, through the incomparable Word of the Gurus Shabad. These friends are united, and will not be separated again; they have been united by the Creator Lord Himself. Some do not believe in the Blessed Vision of the Gurus Darshan; they do not contemplate the Word of the Shabad. The separated ones are in love with duality what more separation can they suffer? Friendship with the self-willed manmukhs lasts for only a few short days. This friendship is broken in an instant; this friendship leads to corruption. They do not fear the True Lord within their hearts, and they do not love the Naam. O Nanak, why become friends with those whom the Creator Lord Himself has misled? || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Some remain constantly imbued with the Love of the One Lord; I am forever a sacrifice to them. I dedicate my body, mind and wealth to them; bowing low, I fall at their feet. Meeting them, the mind is satisfied, and ones hunger and thirst all depart. O Nanak, those who are attuned to the Naam are happy forever; they lovingly focus their awareness on the True Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: I am a sacrifice to the Guru, who recites the sermon of the Lords Teachings. I am forever a sacrifice to that Guru, who has led me to serve the Lord. That Beloved True Guru is always with me; wherever I may be, He will save me. Most blessed is that Guru, who imparts understanding of the Lord. O Nanak, I am a sacrifice to the Guru, who has given me the Lords Name, and fulfilled the desires of my mind. || 5 ||

Saturday , 17th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 587)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

No one has ever found the Lord through stubborn-mindedness. All have grown weary of performing such actions. Through their stubborn-mindedness, and by wearing their disguises, they are deluded; they suffer in pain from the love of duality. Riches and the supernatural spiritual powers of the Siddhas are all emotional attachments; through them, the Naam, the Name of the Lord, does not come to dwell in the mind. Serving the Guru, the mind becomes immaculately pure, and the darkness of spiritual ignorance is dispelled. The jewel of the Naam is revealed in the home of one’s own being; O Nanak, one merges in celestial bliss. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: One who does not savor the taste of the Shabad, who does not love the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and who speaks insipid words with his tongue, is ruined, again and again. O Nanak, he acts according to the karma of his past actions, which no one can erase. || 2 || PAUREE: Blessed, blessed is the True Being, my True Guru; meeting Him, I have found peace. Blessed, blessed is the True Being, my True Guru; meeting Him, I have attained the Lord’s devotional worship. Blessed, blessed is the Lord’s devotee, my True Guru; serving Him, I have come to enshrine love for the Name of the Lord. Blessed, blessed is the Knower of the Lord, my True Guru; He has taught me to look upon friend and foe alike. Blessed, blessed is the True Guru, my best friend; He has led me to embrace love for the Name of the Lord. || 19 ||

Sunday , 18th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 593)

BIHAAGRAA, FIFTH MEHL:

The Saints go around, searching for God, the support of their breath of life. They lose the strength of their bodies, if they do not merge with their Beloved Lord. O God, my Beloved, merge with me — bless me with Your kindness; be kind, and attach me to the hem of Your robe. Bless me with Your Name, that I may chant it, O Lord and Master; beholding the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan, I live. He is almighty, perfect, eternal and unchanging, exalted, unapproachable and infinite. Prays Nanak, grant Your Grace, O Beloved of my breath of life, that I may merge with You. || 1 || I have practiced chanting, intensive meditation and fasting to see Your Feet, Lord. But still, the burning fire is not quenched, without the Sanctuary of the Lord and Master. O God, I seek Your Sanctuary — please, cut away my bonds and carry me across the world-ocean. I am helpless, forlorn and worthless — I know nothing at all; please do not count up my merits and demerits. The Lord is Merciful to the meek, the Sustainer of the world, Beloved, Almighty Cause of causes. Nanak, the song-bird, begs for the rain-drop of the Lord’s Name; meditating on the Feet of the Lord, Har, Har, he lives. || 2 || Drink in the Ambrosial Nectar from the sacred pool, the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. In the Society of the Saints, one meets the Lord; meditating on Him, one’s affairs are resolved. God accomplishes everything; He is the Destroyer of pain. Never forget Him from your mind, even for an instant. He is blissful, night and day; He is forever True. All Glories are contained in the Lord in the Universe. Incalculable, lofty and infinite is the Lord and Master. His dwelling is unapproachable. Prays Nanak, my desires are fulfilled; I have met the Lord, the Greatest Lover. || 3 || The fruits of many millions of charitable feasts come to those who listen to and sing the Lord’s Praise. Chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, all one’s generations are carried across. Chanting the Name of the Lord, the mortal being is beautified; what Praises of His can I chant? I shall never forget the Lord; He is as dear as my breath of life. My mind constantly yearns for the Blessed Vision of His Darshan. Auspicious is that day, when God, the lofty, inaccessible and infinite, hugs me close in His embrace. Prays Nanak, everything is fruitful — I have met my supremely beloved Lord God. || 4 || 3 || 6 ||

Monday, 19th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 545)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

By egotism and pride, the self-willed manmukhs are enticed, and consumed. Those who center their consciousness on duality are caught in it, and remain stuck. But when it is burnt away by the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, only then does it depart from within. The body and mind become radiant and bright, and the Naam, the Name of the Lord, comes to dwell within the mind. O Nanak, the Lord’s Name is the antidote to Maya; the Gurmukh obtains it. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: This mind has wandered through so many ages; it has not remained stable — it continues coming and going. When it is pleasing to the Lord’s Will, then He causes the soul to wander; He has set the world-drama in motion. When the Lord forgives, then one meets the Guru, and becoming stable, he remains absorbed in the Lord. O Nanak, through the mind, the mind is satisfied, and then, nothing comes or goes. || 2 || PAUREE: The body is the fortress of the Infinite Lord; it is obtained only by destiny. The Lord Himself dwells within the body; He Himself is the Enjoyer of pleasures. He Himself remains detached and unaffected; while unattached, He is still attached. He does whatever He pleases, and whatever He does, comes to pass. The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord’s Name, and separation from the Lord is ended. || 13 ||

Wednesday, 21st Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 513)

DAYV-GANDHAAREE, FIFTH MEHL: DAYV-GANDHAAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

The Lord God is my praanaa, my breath of life; He is the Giver of peace. By Guru’s Grace, only a few know Him. || 1 || Pause || Your Saints are Your Beloveds; death does not consume them. They are dyed in the deep crimson color of Your Love, and they are intoxicated with the sublime essence of the Lord’s Name. || 1 || The greatest sins, and millions of pains and diseases are destroyed by Your Gracious Glance, O God. While sleeping and waking, Nanak sings the Lord’s Name, Har, Har, Har; he falls at the Guru’s feet. || 2 || 8 ||

Friday, 23rd Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 529)