Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Why should I bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage? The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage. My sacred shrine of pilgrimage is spiritual wisdom within, and contemplation on the Word of the Shabad. The spiritual wisdom given by the Guru is the True sacred shrine of pilgrimage, where the ten festivals are always observed. I constantly beg for the Name of the Lord; grant it to me, O God, Sustainer of the world. The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it. The Guru’s Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. || 1 || Filth does not stick to the true ones; what filth do they have to wash off? If one strings a garland of virtues for oneself, what is there to cry for? One who conquers his own self through contemplation is saved, and saves others as well; he does not come to be born again. The supreme meditator is Himself the philosopher’s stone, which transforms lead into gold. The true man is pleasing to the True Lord. He is in ecstasy, truly happy, night and day; his sorrows and sins are taken away. He finds the True Name, and beholds the Guru; with the True Name in his mind, no filth sticks to him. || 2 || O friend, association with the Holy is the perfect cleansing bath. The singer who sings the Lord’s Praises is adorned with the Word of the Shabad. Worship the True Lord, and believe in the True Guru; this brings the merit of making donations to charity, kindness and compassion. The soul-bride who loves to be with her Husband Lord bathes at the Triveni, the sacred place where the Ganges, Jamuna and Saraswaati Rivers converge, the Truest of the True. Worship and adore the One Creator, the True Lord, who constantly gives, whose gifts continually increase. Salvation is attained by associating with the Society of the Saints, O friend; granting His Grace, God unites us in His Union. || 3 || Everyone speaks and talks; how great should I say He is? I am foolish, lowly and ignorant; it is only through the Guru’s Teachings that I understand. True are the Teachings of the Guru. His Words are Ambrosial Nectar; my mind is pleased and appeased by them. Loaded down with corruption and sin, people depart, and then come back again; the True Shabad is found through my Guru. There is no end to the treasure of devotion; the Lord is pervading everywhere. Nanak utters this true prayer; one who purifies his mind is True. || 4 || 1 ||

Monday, 27th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 687)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He does not let His devotees see the difficult times; this is His innate nature. Giving His hand, He protects His devotee; with each and every breath, He cherishes him. || 1 || My consciousness remains attached to God. In the beginning, and in the end, God is always my helper and companion; blessed is my friend. || Pause || My mind is delighted, gazing upon the marvellous, glorious greatness of the Lord and Master. Remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, Nanak is in ecstasy; God, in His perfection, has protected and preserved his honor. || 2 || 15 || 46 ||

Wednesday, 28th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 682)

SORAT'H, FIFTH MEHL:

He did not take my accounts into account; such is His forgiving nature. He gave me His hand, and saved me and made me His own; forever and ever, I enjoy His Love. || 1 || The True Lord and Master is forever merciful and forgiving. My Perfect Guru has bound me to Him, and now, I am in absolute ecstasy. || Pause || The One who fashioned the body and placed the soul within, who gives you clothing and nourishment - He Himself preserves the honor of His slaves. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to Him. || 2 || 16 || 44 ||

Thursday, 29th Vaisaakh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 619)

BAARAH MAAHAA ~ THE TWELVE MONTHS:

MAAJH, FIFTH MEHL, FOURTH HOUSE:

In the month of Jayt’h, the bride longs to meet with the Lord. All bow in humility before Him. One who has grasped the hem of the robe of the Lord, the True Friend-no one can keep him in bondage. God’s Name is the Jewel, the Pearl. It cannot be stolen or taken away. In the Lord are all pleasures which please the mind. As the Lord wishes, so He acts, and so His creatures act. They alone are called blessed, whom God has made His Own. If people could meet the Lord by their own efforts, why would they be crying out in the pain of separation? Meeting Him in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, celestial bliss is enjoyed. In the month of Jayt’h, the playful Husband Lord meets her, upon whose forehead such good destiny is recorded. || 4 ||

Sunday, 1st Jayt’h (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 134)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Body, mind, wealth and everything belong to Him; He alone is all-wise and all-knowing. He listens to my pains and pleasures, and then my condition improves. || 1 || My soul is satisfied with the One Lord alone. People make all sorts of other efforts, but they have no value at all. || Pause || The Ambrosial Naam, the Name of the Lord, is a priceless jewel. The Guru has given me this advice. It cannot be lost, and it cannot be shaken off; it remains steady, and I am perfectly satisfied with it. || 2 || Those things which tore me away from You, Lord, are now gone. When golden ornaments are melted down into a lump, they are still said to be gold. || 3 || The Divine Light has illuminated me, and I am filled with celestial peace and glory; the unstruck melody of the Lord’s Bani resounds within me. Says Nanak, I have built my eternal home; the Guru has constructed it for me. || 4 || 5 ||

Tuesday, 3rd Jayt’h (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 671)

RAAG SORATH, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE KABEER JEE

What use is it to read, and what use is it to study? What use is it to listen to the Vedas and the Puraanas? What use is reading and listening, if celestial peace is not attained? || 1 || The fool does not chant the Name of the Lord. So what does he think of, over and over again? || 1 || Pause || In the darkness, we need a lamp to find the incomprehensible thing. I have found this incomprehensible thing; my mind is illuminated and enlightened. || 2 || Says Kabeer, now I know Him; since I know Him, my mind is pleased and appeased. My mind is pleased and appeased, and yet, people do not believe it. They do not believe it, so what can I do? || 3 || 7||

Friday, 6th Jayth (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 655)

WADAHANS, THIRD MEHL:

The mind wanders in the ten directions — how can one sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord? It is totally engrossed in sensuality, constantly tormented by sexual desire and anger. || 1 || Waaho! Waaho! Hail! Hail! Chant His Glorious Praise. The Lord’s Name is so difficult to obtain in this age; under Guru’s Instruction, drink in the subtle essence of the Lord. || 1 || Pause || Remembering the Word of the Shabad, the mind becomes immaculate, and then one sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord. Under Guru’s Instruction, one comes to understand his own self, and then he comes to dwell in the home of his heart. || 2 || O my mind, be imbued forever with the Lord’s Love, and sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord forever. The Immaculate Lord is forever the Giver of peace; from Him, one receives the fruits of the mind’s desires. || 3 || I am lowly, but I have been exalted, entering the Sanctuary of the Lord. He has lifted up the sinking stone; True is His glorious greatness. || 4 || From poison, I have been transformed into Ambrosial Nectar; under Guru’s Instruction, I have obtained wisdom. From bitter herbs, I have been transformed into sandalwood; this fragrance permeates deep within my being. || 5 || This human birth is very precious; one must earn the right to come into the world. By perfect destiny, I met the True Guru; I meditate on the Name of the Lord. || 6 || The self-willed manmukhs are deluded; attached to corruption, they waste away their lives in vain. The Name of the Lord is forever an ocean of peace, but the manmukhs do not love the True Word of the Shabad. || 7 || Everyone can chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har with their mouths, but only a few enshrine it within their hearts. O Nanak, those who enshrine the Lord within their hearts, attain liberation and emancipation. || 8 || 2 ||

Friday, 13th Jayt’h (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 565)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Without the Name of the Lord, everyone wanders around the world, losing. The self-willed manmukhs do their deeds in the pitch black darkness of egotism. The Gurmukhs drink in the Ambrosial Nectar, O Nanak, contemplating the Word of the Shabad. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: He wakes in peace, and he sleeps in peace. The Gurmukh praises the Lord night and day. The self-willed manmukh remains deluded by his doubts. He is filled with anxiety, and he cannot even sleep. The spiritually wise wake and sleep in peace. Nanak is a sacrifice to those who are imbued with the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: They alone meditate on the Lord’s Name, who are imbued with the Lord. They meditate on the One Lord; the One and Only Lord is True. The One Lord is pervading everywhere; the One Lord created the Universe. Those who meditate on the Lord’s Name, cast out their fears. The Lord Himself blesses them with Guru’s Instruction; the Gurmukh meditates on the Lord. || 9 ||

Monday, 16th Jayt’h (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 645-646)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He alone is called a warrior, who is attached to the Lord’s Love in this age. Through the Perfect True Guru, he conquers his own soul, and then everything comes under his control. || 1 || Sing the Praises of the Lord and Master, with the love of your soul. Those who seek His Sanctuary, and meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are blended with the Lord in celestial peace. || 1 || Pause || The feet of the Lord’s humble servant abide in my heart; with them, my body is made pure. O treasure of mercy, please bless Nanak with the dust of the feet of Your humble servants; this alone brings peace. || 2 || 4 || 35 ||

Friday, 20th Jayt’h (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 679)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE, DU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Bathing in the nectar tank of Ram Das, the residues of all sins are erased. One becomes immaculately pure, taking this cleansing bath. The Perfect Guru has bestowed this gift. || 1 || God has blessed all with peace and pleasure. Everything is safe and sound, as we contemplate the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. || Pause || In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, filth is washed off. The Supreme Lord God has become our friend and helper. Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. He has found God, the Primal Being. || 2 || 1 || 65 ||

Monday, 23nd Jayt’h (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 625)