Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

BIHAAGRAA, FIFTH MEHL, CHHANT, FIRST HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

I have seen a miracle of the Lord, O my dear beloveds — whatever He does is righteous and just. The Lord has fashioned this beautiful arena, O my dear beloveds, where all come and go. The One who fashioned the world causes them to come and go. Some meet the True Guru — the Lord invites them into the Mansion of His Presence; others wander around, deluded by doubt. You alone know Your limits; You are contained in all. Nanak speaks the Truth — listen, Saints: the Lord dispenses even-handed justice. || 1 || Come and join with me, O my beautiful dear beloveds; let’s worship the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. Let’s serve the Perfect True Guru, O my dear beloveds, and clear away the Path of Death. Having cleared the treacherous path, as Gurmukhs we shall obtain honor in the Court of the Lord. Those who have such pre-ordained destiny, lovingly focus their attention on the Lord, night and day. Egotism, possessiveness and emotional attachment are eradicated when one joins the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. Says servant Nanak, one who contemplates the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is liberated. || 2 || Let’s join hands, O Saints; let’s come together, O my dear beloveds, and worship the Imperishable, Almighty Lord God. I sought Him through uncounted forms of adoration, O my dear beloveds; now, I dedicate all my mind and body to the Lord. Mind, body and wealth all belong to God; so what can anyone offer Him in worship? He alone merges in the lap of God, unto whom the Merciful Lord and Master becomes kind. One who has such pre-ordained destiny written on his forehead, comes to bear love for the Guru. Says servant Nanak, join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, and worship the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 3 || I wandered around, searching in the ten directions, O my dear beloveds, but I came to find the Lord in the home of my own being. The Dear Lord has fashioned the body as the temple of the Lord, O my dear beloveds; the Lord continues to dwell there. The Lord and Master Himself is pervading everywhere; He is revealed to the Gurmukh. Darkness is dispelled, and pain is removed, when the sublime essence of the Lord’s Ambrosial Nectar trickles down. Wherever I look, the Lord and Master is there. The Supreme Lord God is everywhere. Says servant Nanak, meeting the True Guru, I have found the Lord within the home of my own being. || 4 || 1 ||

Tuesday, 24th Jayt’h (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 541)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Consumed by desire, the world is burning and dying; burning and burning, it screams. But if it meets with the cooling and soothing True Guru, it does not burn any longer. O Nanak, without the Name, and without contemplating the Word of the Shabad, no one becomes fearless. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Wearing ceremonial robes, the fire is not quenched, and the mind is filled with anxiety. Destroying the snake’s hole, the snake is not killed; it is just like doing deeds without a Guru. Serving the Giver, the True Guru, the Word of the Shabad comes to abide in the mind. The mind and body are cooled and soothed; peace ensues, and the fire of desire is quenched. The greatest comforts and lasting peace are obtained, when one eradicates selfishness from within. He alone becomes a detached Gurmukh, who lovingly focuses his awareness on the True Lord. Anxiety does not affect him at all; he is satisfied and satiated with the Name of the Lord. O Nanak, without the Naam, no one is saved; they are utterly ruined by egotism. || 2 || PAUREE: Those who meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, obtain all peace and comforts. Fruitful is the entire life of those, who feel hunger for the Name of the Lord in their minds. Those who worship and adore the Lord through the Guru’s Word, forget all their pain and suffering. Those Gursikhs are good Saints, who care for nothing other than the Lord. Blessed, blessed is their Guru, whose mouth tastes the Ambrosial Fruit of the Lord. || 6 ||

Wednesday, 25th Jayt’h (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) 8 June, 2005 (Page: 588)

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

Why should I bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage? The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage. My sacred shrine of pilgrimage is spiritual wisdom within, and contemplation on the Word of the Shabad. The spiritual wisdom given by the Guru is the True sacred shrine of pilgrimage, where the ten festivals are always observed. I constantly beg for the Name of the Lord; grant it to me, O God, Sustainer of the world. The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it. The Guru’s Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. || 1 || Filth does not stick to the true ones; what filth do they have to wash off? If one strings a garland of virtues for oneself, what is there to cry for? One who conquers his own self through contemplation is saved, and saves others as well; he does not come to be born again. The supreme meditator is Himself the philosopher’s stone, which transforms lead into gold. The true man is pleasing to the True Lord. He is in ecstasy, truly happy, night and day; his sorrows and sins are taken away. He finds the True Name, and beholds the Guru; with the True Name in his mind, no filth sticks to him. || 2 || O friend, association with the Holy is the perfect cleansing bath. The singer who sings the Lord’s Praises is adorned with the Word of the Shabad. Worship the True Lord, and believe in the True Guru; this brings the merit of making donations to charity, kindness and compassion. The soul-bride who loves to be with her Husband Lord bathes at the Triveni, the sacred place where the Ganges, Jamuna and Saraswaati Rivers converge, the Truest of the True. Worship and adore the One Creator, the True Lord, who constantly gives, whose gifts continually increase. Salvation is attained by associating with the Society of the Saints, O friend; granting His Grace, God unites us in His Union. || 3 || Everyone speaks and talks; how great should I say He is? I am foolish, lowly and ignorant; it is only through the Guru’s Teachings that I understand. True are the Teachings of the Guru. His Words are Ambrosial Nectar; my mind is pleased and appeased by them. Loaded down with corruption and sin, people depart, and then come back again; the True Shabad is found through my Guru. There is no end to the treasure of devotion; the Lord is pervading everywhere. Nanak utters this true prayer; one who purifies his mind is True. || 4 || 1 ||

Thursday, 26th Jayt’h (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 687)

RAAG SORAT’H, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE RAVI DAAS JEE:

When I am in my ego, then You are not with me. Now that You are with me, there is no egotism within me. The wind may raise up huge waves in the vast ocean, but they are just water in water. || 1 || O Lord, what can I say about such an illusion? Things are not as they seem. || 1 || Pause || It is like the king, who falls asleep upon his throne, and dreams that he is a beggar. His kingdom is intact, but separated from it, he suffers in sorrow. Such is my own condition. || 2 || Like the story of the rope mistaken for a snake, the mystery has now been explained to me. Like the many bracelets, which I mistakenly thought were gold; now, I do not say what I said then. || 3 || The One Lord is pervading the many forms; He enjoys Himself in all hearts. Says Ravi Daas, the Lord is nearer than our own hands and feet. Whatever will be, will be. || 4 || 1 ||

Friday, 27th Jayt’h (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) 10 June, 2005 (Page: 657)

RAAG SOOHEE, CHHANT, THIRD MEHL, SECOND HOUSE:

Meditate on the Lord, and find peace and pleasure. As Gurmukh, obtain the Lord’s fruitful rewards. As Gurmukh, obtain the fruit of the Lord, and meditate on the Lord’s Name; the pains of countless lifetimes shall be erased. I am a sacrifice to my Guru, who has arranged and resolved all my affairs. The Lord God will bestow His Grace, if you meditate on the Lord; O humble servant of the Lord, you shall obtain the fruit of peace. Says Nanak, listen O humble Sibling of Destiny: meditate on the Lord, and find peace and pleasure. || 1 || Hearing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, I am intuitively drenched with His Love. Under Guru’s Instruction, I meditate intuitively on the Naam. Those who have such pre-ordained destiny, meet the Guru, and their fears of birth and death leave them. One who eliminates evil-mindedness and duality from within himself, that humble being lovingly focuses his mind on the Lord. Those, upon whom my Lord and Master bestows His Grace, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, night and day. Hearing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, I am intuitively drenched with His Love. || 2 || In this age, emancipation comes only from the Lord’s Name. Contemplative meditation on the Word of the Shabad emanates from the Guru. Contemplating the Guru’s Shabad, one comes to love the Lord’s Name; he alone obtains it, unto whom the Lord shows Mercy. In peace and poise, he sings the Lord’s Praises day and night, and all sinful residues are eradicated. All are Yours, and You belong to all. I am Yours, and You are mine. In this age, emancipation comes only from the Lord’s Name. || 3 || The Lord, my Friend has come to dwell within the home of my heart; singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, one is satisfied and fulfilled. Singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, one is satisfied forever, never to feel hunger again. That humble servant of the Lord, who meditates on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is worshipped in the ten directions. O Nanak, He Himself joins and separates; there is no other than the Lord. The Lord, my Friend has come to dwell within the home of my heart. || 4 || 1 ||

Monday, 30th Jayt’h (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page : 767)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The entire creation is in fear; only the Dear Lord is fearless. Serving the True Guru, the Lord comes to dwell in the mind, and then, fear can never stay there. Enemies and pain cannot come close, and no one can touch you. The Gurmukh contemplates God in the mind; whatever pleases God comes to pass. O Nanak, He Himself preserves one’s honor; He alone resolves our affairs. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Some friends are leaving, some have already left, and those remaining will eventually leave. Those who do not serve the True Guru, come and go regretting. O Nanak, those who are attuned to Truth are not separated; serving the True Guru, they merge into the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: Meet with that True Guru, the true friend, within whose mind the virtuous Lord abides. Meet with that Beloved True Guru, who has subdued egotism from within. Blessed, blessed is that Perfect True Guru, who has given the Lord’s Teachings to reform the whole world. O Saints, meditate constantly on the Name of the Lord, and cross over the terrifying, poisonous world-ocean. The Perfect Guru has taught me about the Lord; I am forever a sacrifice to the Guru. || 2 ||

Wednesday, 1st Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 586)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The elephant offers its head to the reins, and the anvil offers itself to the hammer; just so, we offer our minds and bodies to our Guru; we stand before Him, and serve Him. This is how the Gurmukhs eliminate their self-conceit, and come to rule the whole world. O Nanak, the Gurmukh understands, when the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Blessed and approved is the coming into the world, of those Gurmukhs who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. O Nanak, they save their families, and they are honored in the Court of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: The Guru unites His Sikhs, the Gurmukhs, with the Lord. The Guru keeps some of them with Himself, and engages others in His Service. Those who cherish their Beloved in their conscious minds, the Guru blesses them with His Love. The Guru loves all of His Gursikhs equally well, like friends, children and siblings. So chant the Name of the Guru, the True Guru, everyone! Chanting the Name of the Guru, Guru, you shall be rejuvenated. || 14 ||

Thursday, 2nd Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 647)

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. TRUTH IS THE NAME. CREATIVE BEING PERSONIFIED. NO FEAR. NO HATRED. IMAGE OF THE UNDYING. BEYOND BIRTH. SELF-EXISTENT. BY GURU’S GRACE:

RAAG SOOHEE, FIRST MEHL, CHAU-PADAS, FIRST HOUSE:

Wash the vessel, sit down and anoint it with fragrance; then, go out and get the milk. Add the rennet of clear consciousness to the milk of good deeds, and then, free of desire, let it curdle. || 1 || Chant the Name of the One Lord. All other actions are fruitless. || 1 || Pause || Let your mind be the handles, and thenchurn it, without sleeping. If you chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord ,with your tongue, then the curd will be churned. In this way, the Ambrosial Nectar is obtained. || 2 || Wash your mind in the pool of Truth, and let it be the vessel of the Lord; let this be your offering to please Him. That humble servant who dedicates and offers his life, and who serves in this way, remains absorbed in his Lord and Master. || 3 || The speakers speak and speak and speak, and then they depart. There is no other to compare to You. Servant Nanak, lacking devotion, humbly prays: may I sing the Praises of the True Lord. || 4 || 1 ||

Monday, 6th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The love of Maya is enticing; without teeth, it has eaten up the world. The self-willed manmukhs are eaten away, while the Gurmukhs are saved; they focus their consciousness on the True Name. Without the Name, the world wanders around insane; the Gurmukhs come to see this. Involved in worldly affairs, he wastes his life in vain; the peace-giving Lord does not come to abide in his mind. O Nanak, they alone obtain the Name, who have such pre-ordained destiny. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: The home within is filled with Ambrosial Nectar, but the self-willed manmukh does not get to taste it. He is like the deer, who does not recognize its own musk-scent; it wanders around, deluded by doubt. The manmukh forsakes the Ambrosial Nectar, and instead gathers poison; the Creator Himself has fooled him. How rare are the Gurmukhs, who obtain this understanding; they behold the Lord God within themselves. Their minds and bodies are cooled and soothed, and their tongues enjoy the sublime taste of the Lord. Through the Word of the Shabad, the Name wells up; through the Shabad, we are united in the Lord’s Union. Without the Shabad, the whole world is insane, and it loses its life in vain. The Shabad alone is Ambrosial Nectar; O Nanak, the Gurmukhs obtain it. || 2 || PAUREE: The Lord God is inaccessible; tell me, how can we find Him? He has no form or feature, and He cannot be seen; tell me, how can we meditate on Him? The Lord is formless, immaculate and inaccessible; which of His Virtues should we speak of and sing? They alone walk on the Lord’s Path, whom the Lord Himself instructs. The Perfect Guru has revealed Him to me; serving the Guru, He is found. || 4 ||

Tuesday, 7th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 643)

DHANAASAREE, CHHANT, FIRST MEHL

Your Husband Lord is with you, O deluded soul-bride, but you do are not aware of Him. Your destiny is written on your forehead, according to your past actions. This inscription of past deeds cannot be erased; what do I know about what will happen? You have not adopted a virtuous lifestyle, and you are not attuned to the Lord’s Love; you sit there, crying over your past misdeeds.Wealth and youth are like the shade of the bitter swallow-wort plant; you are growing old, and your days are coming to their end. O Nanak, without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, you shall end up as a discarded, divorced bride; your own falsehood shall separate you from the Lord. || 1 || You have drowned, and your house is ruined; walk in the Way of the Guru’s Will. Meditate on the True Name, and you shall find peace in the Mansion of the Lord’s Presence. Meditate on the Lord’s Name, and you shall find peace; your stay in this world shall last only four days. Sit in the home of your own being, and you shall find Truth; night and day, be with your Beloved. Without loving devotion, you cannot dwell in your own home — listen, everyone! O Nanak, she is happy, and she obtains her Husband Lord, if she is attuned to the True Name. || 2 || If the soul-bride is pleasing to her Husband Lord, then the Husband Lord will love His bride. Imbued with the love of her Beloved, she contemplates the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. She contemplates the Guru’s Shabads, and her Husband Lord loves her; in deep humility, she worships Him in loving devotion. She burns away her emotional attachment to Maya, and in love, she loves her Beloved. She is imbued and drenched with the Love of the True Lord; she has become beautiful, by conquering her mind. O Nanak, the happy soul-bride abides in Truth; she loves to love her Husband Lord. || 3 || The soul-bride looks so beautiful in the home of her Husband Lord, if she is pleasing to Him. It is of no use at all to speak false words. If she speaks false, it is of no use to her, and she does not see her Husband Lord with her eyes. Worthless, forgotten and abandoned by her Husband Lord, she passes her life-night without her Lord and Master. Such a wife does not believe in the Word of the Guru’s Shabad; she is caught in the net of the world, and does not obtain the Mansion of the Lord’s Presence. O Nanak, if she understands her own self, then, as Gurmukh, she merges in celestial peace. || 4 || Blessed is that soul-bride, who knows her Husband Lord. Without the Naam, she is false, and her actions are false as well. Devotional worship of the Lord is beautiful; the True Lord loves it. So immerse yourself in loving devotional worship of God. My Husband Lord is playful and innocent; imbued with His Love, I enjoy Him. She blossoms forth through the Word of the Guru’s Shabad; she ravishes her Husband Lord, and obtains the most noble reward. O Nanak, in Truth, she obtains glory; in her Husband’s home, the soul-bride looks beautiful. || 5 || 3 ||

Thursday, 9th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 689)