Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

DHANAASAREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord is the Fulfiller of desires, the Giver of total peace; the Kaamadhaynaa, the wish-fulfilling cow, is in His power. So meditate on such a Lord, O my soul. Then, you shall obtain total peace, O my mind. || 1 || Chant, O my mind, the True Name, Sat Naam, the True Name. In this world, and in the world beyond, your face shall be radiant, by meditating continually on the immaculate Lord God.|| Pause || Wherever anyone remembers the Lord in meditation, disaster runs away from that place. By great good fortune, we meditate on the Lord. The Guru has blessed servant Nanak with this understanding, that by meditating on the Lord, we cross over the terrifying world-ocean. || 2 || 6 || 12 ||

Friday, 10th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 669)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The love of Maya is enticing; without teeth, it has eaten up the world. The self-willed manmukhs are eaten away, while the Gurmukhs are saved; they focus their consciousness on the True Name. Without the Name, the world wanders around insane; the Gurmukhs come to see this. Involved in worldly affairs, he wastes his life in vain; the peace-giving Lord does not come to abide in his mind. O Nanak, they alone obtain the Name, who have such pre-ordained destiny. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: The home within is filled with Ambrosial Nectar, but the self-willed manmukh does not get to taste it. He is like the deer, who does not recognize its own musk-scent; it wanders around, deluded by doubt. The manmukh forsakes the Ambrosial Nectar, and instead gathers poison; the Creator Himself has fooled him. How rare are the Gurmukhs, who obtain this understanding; they behold the Lord God within themselves. Their minds and bodies are cooled and soothed, and their tongues enjoy the sublime taste of the Lord. Through the Word of the Shabad, the Name wells up; through the Shabad, we are united in the Lord’s Union. Without the Shabad, the whole world is insane, and it loses its life in vain. The Shabad alone is Ambrosial Nectar; O Nanak, the Gurmukhs obtain it. || 2 || PAUREE: The Lord God is inaccessible; tell me, how can we find Him? He has no form or feature, and He cannot be seen; tell me, how can we meditate on Him? The Lord is formless, immaculate and inaccessible; which of His Virtues should we speak of and sing? They alone walk on the Lord’s Path, whom the Lord Himself instructs. The Perfect Guru has revealed Him to me; serving the Guru, He is found. || 4 ||

Tuesday, 14th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 643)

WADAHANS, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Why bother to wash the body which is polluted by falsehood? One’s cleansing bath is only approved, if one practices Truth. When there is Truth deep within, then one becomes True, and obtains the True Lord. Without pre-ordained destiny, awareness is not attained; talking and babbling, one’s life is wasted away. Wherever you go and sit, speak well, and write the Word of the Shabad in your awareness. Why bother to wash the body which is polluted by falsehood? || 1 || When I spoke, I spoke as You made me speak. The Ambrosial Name of the Lord is pleasing to my mind. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, seems so sweet to my mind; it has destroyed the house of pain. Peace came to dwell in my mind, when You gave the Order. It is Yours to grant Your Grace, and it is mine to speak this prayer; You created Yourself. When I spoke, I spoke as You made me speak. || 2 || The Lord and Master gives us our turn, according to the deeds we have done. Don’t speak ill of others, or get involved in arguments. Don’t get into arguments with your Lord and Master — you shall only ruin yourself. If you challenge the One, with whom you must abide, you will only cry in the end. Accept and endure what God gives you; tell your mind not to complain in vain. The Lord and Master gives us our turn, according to the deeds we have done. || 3 || He Himself created all, and He blesses them with His Glance of Grace. No one asks for that which is bitter; everyone asks for sweets. Let everyone ask for sweets and see that it is as the Lord and Master wills. Giving donations to charity and performing various religious rituals are not equal to contemplation of the Naam. O Nanak, those who are blessed with the Naam have such karma pre-ordained. He Himself created all, and He blesses them with His Glance of Grace. || 4 || 1 ||

Wednesday, 15th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 565)

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL

The Lord’s Name does not abide within their hearts — their mothers should have been sterile. These bodies wander around, forlorn and abandoned, without the Name; their lives waste away, and they die, crying out in pain. || 1 || O my mind, chant the Name of the Lord, the Lord within you. The Merciful Lord God, Har, Har, has showered me with His Mercy; the Guru has imparted spiritual wisdom to me, and my mind has been instructed. || Pause || In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praise brings the most noble and exalted status; the Lord is found through the True Guru. I am a sacrifice to my True Guru, who has revealed the Lord’s hidden Name to me. || 2 || By great good fortune, I obtained the Blessed Vision of the Darshan of the Holy; it removes all stains of sin. I have found the True Guru, the great, all-knowing King; He has shared with me the many Glorious Virtues of the Lord. || 3 || Those, unto whom the Lord, the Life of the world, has shown Mercy, enshrine Him within their hearts, and cherish Him in their minds. The Righteous Judge of Dharma, in the Court of the Lord, has torn up my papers; servant Nanak’s account has been settled. || 4 || 5 ||

Thursday, 16th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page : 697)

DHANAASAREE, THIRD MEHL:

The ignorant fools amass false wealth. The blind, foolish, self-willed manmukhs have gone astray. Poisonous wealth brings constant pain. It will not go with you, and it will not yield any profit. || 1 || True wealth is obtained through the Guru’s Teachings. False wealth continues coming and going. || Pause || The foolish self-willed manmukhs all go astray and die. They drown in the terrifying world-ocean, and they cannot reach either this shore, or the one beyond. But by perfect destiny, they meet the True Guru; imbued with the True Name, day and night, they remain detached from the world. || 2 || Throughout the four ages, the True Bani of His Word is Ambrosial Nectar. By perfect destiny, one is absorbed in the True Name. The Siddhas, the seekers and all men long for the Name. It is obtained only by perfect destiny. || 3 || The True Lord is everything; He is True. Only a few realize the exalted Lord God. He is the Truest of the True; He Himself implants the True Name within. O Nanak, the Lord Himself sees all; He Himself links us to the Truth. || 4 || 7 ||

Saturday, 18th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 665)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, ASHTAPADEES:

The One who created the whole world, O Siblings of Destiny, is the Almighty Lord, the Cause of causes. He fashioned the soul and the body, O Siblings of Destiny, by His own power. How can He be described? How can He be seen, O Siblings of Destiny? The Creator is One; He is indescribable. Praise the Guru, the Lord of the Universe, O Siblings of Destiny; through Him, the essence is known. || 1 || O my mind, meditate on the Lord, the Lord God. He blesses His servant with the gift of the Naam; He is the Destroyer of pain and suffering. || Pause || Everything is in His home, O Siblings of Destiny; His warehouse is overflowing with the nine treasures. His worth cannot be estimated, O Siblings of Destiny; He is lofty, inaccessible and infinite. He cherishes all beings and creatures, O Siblings of Destiny; he continually takes care of them. So meet with the Perfect True Guru, O Siblings of Destiny, and merge in the Word of the Shabad. || 2 || Adoring the feet of the True Guru, O Siblings of Destiny, doubt and fear are dispelled. Joining the Society of the Saints, cleanse your mind, O Siblings of Destiny, and dwell in the Name of the Lord. The darkness of ignorance shall be dispelled, O Siblings of Destiny, and the lotus of your heart shall blossom forth. By the Guru’s Word, peace wells up, O Siblings of Destiny; all fruits are with the True Guru. || 3 || Give up your sense of mine and yours, O Siblings of Destiny, and become the dust of the feet of all. In each and every heart, God is contained, O Siblings of Destiny; He sees, and hears, and is ever-present with us. On that day when one forgets the Supreme Lord God, O Siblings of Destiny, on that day, one ought to die crying out in pain. He is the all-powerful Cause of Causes, O Siblings of Destiny; he is totally filled with all powers. || 4 || The Love of the Name is the greatest treasure, O Siblings of Destiny; through it, emotional attachment to Maya is dispelled. If it is pleasing to His Will, then He unites us in His Union, O Siblings of Destiny; the Naam, the Name of the Lord, comes to abide in the mind. The heart-lotus of the Gurmukh blossoms forth, O Siblings of Destiny, and the heart is illumined. The Glory of God has been revealed, O Siblings of Destiny, and the earth and sky have blossomed forth. || 5 || The Perfect Guru has blessed me with contentment, O Siblings of Destiny; day and night, I remain attached to the Lord’s Love. My tongue continually chants the Lord’s Name, O Siblings of Destiny; this is the true taste, and the object of human life. Listening with my ears, I hear and so I live, O Siblings of Destiny; I have obtained the unchanging, unmoving state. That soul,which does not place its faith in the Lord shall burn, O Siblings of Destiny. || 6 || My Lord and Master has so many virtues, O Siblings of Destiny; I am a sacrifice to Him. He nurtures even the most worthless, O Siblings of Destiny, and gives home to the homeless. He gives us nourishment with each and every breath, O Siblings of Destiny; His Name is everlasting. One who meets with the True Guru, O Siblings of Destiny, does so only by perfect destiny. || 7 || Without Him, I cannot live, even for an instant, O Siblings of Destiny; He is totally filled with all powers. With every breath and morsel of food, I will not forget Him, O Siblings of Destiny; I behold Him ever-present. In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I meet Him, O Siblings of Destiny; He is totally pervading and permeating everywhere. Those who do not embrace love for the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, always die crying out in pain. || 8 || Grasping hold of the hem of His robe, O Siblings of Destiny, we are carried across the world-ocean of fear and pain. By His Glance of Grace, He has blessed us, O Siblings of Destiny; He shall be with us until the very end. My mind and body are soothed and calmed, O Siblings of Destiny, nourished by the food of the Naam. Nanak has entered His Sanctuary, O Siblings of Destiny; the Lord is the Destroyer of sins. || 9 || 1 ||

Sunday, 19th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 639)

TODEE, 5th GURU, 5th HOUSE, DU-PADAS:

Such is the blessing my God has bestowed upon me. He has totally banished the five evils and the illness of egotism from my body. || Pause || Breaking my bonds, and releasing me from vice and corruption, He has enshrined the Word of the Guru’s Shabad within my heart. The Lord has not considered my beauty or ugliness; instead, He has held me with love. I am drenched with His Love. || 1 || I behold my Beloved, now that the curtain has been torn away. My mind is happy, pleased and satisfied. My house is His; He is my God. Nanak is obedient to His Lord and Master. || 2 || 1 || 20 ||

Monday, 20th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi)

(Page: 716)

BILAAVAL, FOURTH MEHL:

Come, O Saints, and join together, O my Siblings of Destiny; let us tell the Stories of the Lord, Har, Har. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the boat in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga; the Word of the Guru’s Shabad is the boatman to ferry us across. || 1 || O my mind, chant the Glorious Praises of the Lord. According to the pre-ordained destiny inscribed upon your forehead, sing the Praises of the Lord; join the Holy Congregation, and cross over the world-ocean. || 1 || Pause || Within the body-village is the Lord’s supreme, sublime essence. How can I obtain it? Teach me, O humble Saints. Serving the True Guru, you shall obtain the Fruitful Vision of the Lord’s Darshan; meeting Him, drink in the ambrosial essence of the Lord’s Nectar. || 2 || The Ambrosial Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is so sweet; O Saints of the Lord, taste it, and see. Under Guru’s Instruction, the Lord’s essence seems so sweet; through it, all corrupt sensual pleasures are forgotten. || 3 || The Name of the Lord is the medicine to cure all diseases; so serve the Lord, O humble Saints. The four great blessings are obtained, O Nanak, by vibrating upon the Lord, under Guru’s Instruction. || 4 || 4 ||

Thursday, 23rd Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 799)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The Lord Himself has stood up to resolve the affairs of the Saints; He has come to complete their tasks. The land is beautiful, and the pool is beautiful; within it is contained the Ambrosial Water. The Ambrosial Water is filling it, and my job is perfectly complete; all my desires are fulfilled. Congratulations are pouring in from all over the world; all my sorrows are eliminated. The Vedas and the Puraanas sing the Praises of the Perfect, Unchanging, Imperishable Primal Lord.The Transcendent Lord has kept His promise, and confirmed His nature; Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 1 || The Creator has given me the nine treasures, wealth and spiritual powers, and I do not lack anything. Eating, spending and enjoying, I have found peace; the gifts of the Creator Lord continually increase. His gifts increase and shall never be exhausted; I have found the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts. Millions of obstacles have all been removed, and pain does not even approach me. Tranquility, peace, poise and bliss in abundance prevail, and all my hunger is satisfied. Nanak sings the Glorious Praises of his Lord and Master, whose Glorious Greatness is wonderful and amazing. || 2 || It was His job, and He has done it; what can the mere mortal being do? The devotees are adorned, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord; they proclaim His eternal victory. Singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe, bliss wells up, and we are friends with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. He who made the effort to construct this sacred pool how can his praises be recounted? The merits of the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage, charity, good deeds and immaculate lifestyle, are found in this sacred pool. It is the natural way of the Lord and Master to purify sinners; Nanak takes the Support of the Word of the Shabad. || 3 || The treasure of virtue is my God, the Creator Lord; what Praises of Yours should I sing, O Lord? The prayer of the Saints is, O Lord and Master, please bless us with the supreme, sublime essence of Your Name. Please, grant us Your Name, grant us this blessing, and do not forget us, even for an instant. Chant the Glorious Praises of the World-Lord, O my tongue; sing them forever, night and day. One who enshrines love for the Naam, the Name of the Lord, his mind and body are drenched with Ambrosial Nectar. Prays Nanak, my desires have been fulfilled; gazing upon the Blessed Vision of the Lord, I live. || 4 || 7 || 10 ||

Friday, 24th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 783) :doh: :doh:

TODEE, 5th GURU :

Forgetting the Lord, one is ruined forever. How can anyone be deceived, who has Your Support, O Lord? || Pause || Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, life is like a burning fire, even if one lives long, like a snake. One may rule over the nine regions of the earth, but in the end, he shall have to depart, losing the game of life. || 1 || He alone sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord, the treasure of virtue, upon whom the Lord showers His Grace. He is at peace, and his birth is blessed; Nanak is a sacrifice to him. || 2 || 2 ||

Saturday, 25th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 711)