Slander Of Dasam Bani On Spn

Inder Singh

I have observed that of lately Sikh philosophy network site is turning into a kala afghna mouthpiece. There

are some die hard anti Dasam Bani people who have been made mentors on that site. They slander bani of Dasam granth on one pretext or the other.

They also interpret SGGS ji in a totally different way. They write that there is no gurmantra and naam simran in sikhi. New meanings of Amrit vela are being given.Any effort to combat that is nipped in the bud.

Does anyone has experience on that site. Please share that here.

I have observed that of lately Sikh philosophy network site is turning into a kala afghna mouthpiece. There

are some die hard anti Dasam Bani people who have been made mentors on that site. They slander bani of Dasam granth on one pretext or the other.

They also interpret SGGS ji in a totally different way. They write that there is no gurmantra and naam simran in sikhi. New meanings of Amrit vela are being given.Any effort to combat that is nipped in the bud.

At first I thought SPN was a breath of fresh air in terms of a lot of the Sikh forums online.

However, like you say, I soon realised that many of the main posters are extremely quick to criticise, question, and attempt to scientifically analyse anything relating to the Bani of the Tenth Master, as well as other influential Sikh scriptures such as Bhai Gurdas Vaaran.

Although I'm not sure of them being Kala-Afghana 'mouthpieces' in any official sense, the fact that they criticise Dasam Pita's Bani more than the 'scholarly revelations' of Kala-Aghana, makes me very concerned.

Moreover, the initial post regarding the recent Finland changes to Ardas started off with hailing it as a Martin Lutheresque type act of reformation! :o

At first I thought SPN was a breath of fresh air in terms of a lot of the Sikh forums online.

However, like you say, I soon realised that many of the main posters are extremely quick to criticise, question, and attempt to scientifically analyse anything relating to the Bani of the Tenth Master, as well as other influential Sikh scriptures such as Bhai Gurdas Vaaran.

Although I'm not sure of them being Kala-Afghana 'mouthpieces' in any official sense, the fact that they criticise Dasam Pita's Bani more than the 'scholarly revelations' of Kala-Aghana, makes me very concerned.

Moreover, the initial post regarding the recent Finland changes to Ardas started off with hailing it as a Martin Lutheresque type act of reformation! :o

Those two guys Giani jarnail singh and whaeguru seeker, i know them as i had discussion with them on other websites. They are hard core kala afghanis.

When i started writing on SPN i was sent a private message by a Singh from Canada atht i should not argue with waheguruseeker as he is a punk. That singh had left or was made to leave SPN because of pro dasam granth stand. That has been proved beyond any doubt.

Then you have one administrator who blindly supports these heretics.

I am a moderator at SPN. Why don't you engage and discuss your point and realise that not everyone will agree with you?

In this day and age I think it is important to be able to feely discuss important matters such as this.

PS - I don't think anyone is pro Kala Afghana there but pro open discssion.

Given below is the opinion of another sikh regarding that site

http://www.sikhawareness.com//index.php?sh...11073&st=80

spacer.gif

QUOTE (singh2 @ Jun 8 2009, 02:27 PM) post_snapback.gifThey have some (mod edit) people on sikh philosophy net who are die hard chelas of kaal afghana. Those people will never let you have a good debate.

Have a debate at Sikh philosophy. You gotta be kidding me. The mod's there like Randip will delete anything that doesn't go with their twisted way of thinking. The Vaheguruseekr guy then there latest vgrewal guy are completely anti-Gurmat.

Plus they have anti-gurmat ads on that place. I talked to the Admin about it and they don't do anything about it. They act like it's not there. Bunch of hypocrites there.

I am a moderator at SPN. Why don't you engage and discuss your point and realise that not everyone will agree with you?

In this day and age I think it is important to be able to feely discuss important matters such as this.

PS - I don't think anyone is pro Kala Afghana there but pro open discssion.

Are you Dal singh over there? You have anti dasam granth stance. I do not say one should not clarify his point. But the way you put some questions to me about Dasam granth that says a lot. I replied to your questions and the suddenly you went quiet. After a few days the same old rhetoric.

Inder Singh. The reason for my sudden silence is simple.....plain boredom. Honestly, I have seen this getting argued over so many times it bores me to death.

I study the DG and must say I do find it fascinating. However, it will never be on par with Shri Guru Granth Sahib with me. That alone is my Guru, any other granth is secondary to that.

Besides, I honestly believe other matters, i.e. social and political are of more pressing concern to the panth than engaging in protracted arguments over DG. We know for certain that gurgaddi was given to SGGS ji. That ends the matter for me.

The questions I put to you are genuine. Ones I have pondered over. I am neither pro or anti DG. Nor do I have the desire for elongated arguments on this.

Plus, chill pills are needed all over the place.

Inder Singh. The reason for my sudden silence is simple.....plain boredom. Honestly, I have seen this getting argued over so many times it bores me to death.

I study the DG and must say I do find it fascinating. However, it will never be on par with Shri Guru Granth Sahib with me. That alone is my Guru, any other granth is secondary to that.

Besides, I honestly believe other matters, i.e. social and political are of more pressing concern to the panth than engaging in protracted arguments over DG. We know for certain that gurgaddi was given to SGGS ji. That ends the matter for me.

The questions I put to you are genuine. Ones I have pondered over. I am neither pro or anti DG. Nor do I have the desire for elongated arguments on this.

Plus, chill pills are needed all over the place.

Dal singh ji

We are not going to fight over this. You seem to be an understadning guy and we can try to make you to understand.

Message of Bani of SGGS is to spirit. It tells us how to raelize akal purakh.

Bani of Dasam granth signifies sargun saroop of akal purakh. Or when god enters this world to undo wrongs.

This is important to khalsa as an organized religion. It stresses on shakti of akal purakh. We need to remember that there is no akal purakh with his shakti.

Nobody ever disputes that SGGS is not our Guru. SSGS has place of prominence but dasam granth is our second most sacred scripture. Without Dasam granth we have no sikh religion.