Colours !?!?!?!?!

Princess

What is wrong wit you people ????

OK

WOULD SOMEONE PLZ POST THE TUK THAT SAYS NOT TO WEAR THESE COLOURS IN DASAM GRANTH ... ANDDDD IT MUST BE THE FULL TUK NOT NO ONE LINERS SO WE CAN GET THE FULL MESSAGE !!!

This is soooo funny... COME ONE ... i can name SOO many bad things about colours such as BLUE, BLACKKK ... ISNT BLACK THE COLOUR OF KALJUG !?!?!?!?! SHOULD WE BAN BLACK TOO !?!?!?!?!

ORANGE IS ALSO THE COLOUR USED NEXT TO RED IN MANY LOVE THINGS ..> SHOULD WE BAN THAT TOO !?!?!?!

COME ONNNN !!!

I am sure if another gursikh from sangat told them not to wear these colours as they are anti gurmat, if they are true gursikhs they would listen instead of arguing with the other gursikh.

Another gursikh would not have to say anything like this since they would understand that colours do not matter in sikhi !!!

LOOK there is a RED HEART OF THE POST ICONS (WHICH I WILL ALSO USE FOR THIS POST) IS ALSO REDDDD ..> LETS TAKE THAT OFF TOO NOW >>>> ITS ANTI GURMAT >>> LETS ACT QUICK !!!!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the replies but ya i think Daasn Daas veerji is right, it would be very helpful if someone could give the actualy tuk where it is written that certain colours are against Sikhi etc. I mean it could have been written at the time it was against Sikhi so maybe Mughals wont think that because they have green on, they are saying they are part of muslims or red for hindus etc. And these days none of that really exists so it was for that time and not now? blush.gif

:TH:

What is wrong wit you people ????.....

Another gursikh would not have to say anything like this since they would understand that colours do not matter in sikhi !!!

89586[/snapback]

Sorry no one has the knowledge that you have, but since this is part of taksal maryada, i would assume Sant gyani Gurbachan Singh, Sant baba Kartar Singh Jim and Sant baba Jarnail Singh Ji would have followed this. If they are not gursikhs, i dont know anyone that is.

By the way, it is written clearly by Bhai Nand Lal Ji that Guru GObind Singh Ji told him anyone who wears red is a tankhiya.

Also, im pretty sure nothing about this is written in dasam granth

When we as Sikhs are confused about something, we can look to the chardikalaa singhs of the past for clues as to what is right. Now, I as you, did you ever see Bahi Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh Ji, Sant Jarnail Singh Ji, Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji, Sant Kartaar Singh Ji etc ever wear red or green cholay? Can you imagine nihung singhs wearing green cholay with red dumaaley? Can you imagine our guru jis wearing these colours? the pictures painted of them these days does not count

I think that most of the people here still need a line. So if someone could post it, it would be great.

Honestly, I think this is all about how Hindus used to wear special colors for special holidays/seasons, and thet Guru Jee was telling us that color doesn't change our outside appearance. Everything in Gurbani is logical if you want it to be. So once we get the whole passage from where this whole conversation came up, we can't really decide anything.

panj will tell u

sant gurbachan also says its wrong in his book on maryada

whoever thinks they know more than sant, be my guest to argue and debate

were real inteullectualas and gianis that we beat someone who knew more than 52 mool mantar arrths and at once said them at stage and did massive bhagthi their whiole life

bhula chuka maf

again, i just wanted to point out that Guru Nanak Dev Ji tried to keep us away from putting our minds to things like colour, clothes etc.... all we need to do is focus on simran.......

and yes i know guru ji also made drugs and stuff.... and yes we are supposed to stay away from those, (my mistake, so pul chuk maaf for that) but those things will actually harm ur body.... how does wearing a certain colour harm ur body?