Non Sikhs wearing Kareh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Something has been bothering me for a bit now, it is based around non sikhs wearing kareh.

I for some reason started to chat to a another person in school, and noticed they had a kara so i was wicked this person is Sikh, maybe i can get to know him better etc...etc...

As the convo progressed i later found out he was a Hindu, so i asked him how comes you are a hindu and you wear a kara he was like becuase...? I was like becuase what he goes my mum makes me wear it i was like okay then.... no.gif This guy hardly knows anything about the basic principles of Sikhi and has only been to a Gurudwara like twice. ohmy.gif

This really confused me thats like me going around wearing a christian cross, but really being a sikh? <_< basically protraying something im not. I have asked other friends of mine who have also come across similar circumstances where this happens, people who tend to this tend to be hindus, or half hindu half sikhs.

No offence to any one but i think this is wrong you shouldnt just go around wearing a kara just to "fit in" or look like "sikhs" grin.gif

Maybe im wrong, whats the sangats view on this

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FATEH!!

the kara represent khalsa's symbol. its a sign 2 show that u parrt a khalsa brotherhood. n these people thinking they bad wearing a kara... GRRRRR <_<

sumtyms i wanna kill these peepz but then agen dat means i wanan kill half the world for other stuff blush.gif o well

i no woteva u do, they wont stop grin.gif fer ki kariyeh?

FATEH!

ya ive heard some muslims wear kareh too especially in clubs and stuff because obviously these days you dont know who is a 'sikh' & who isnt & i suppose you look 2 see whether they wear a kara or not

also my friend (gujrati hindu) asked me to purchase a kara for him from the Gurdwara, i was like no waaaaaay!!!

end of that day though if they wear it and wear it for the wrong reasons its not good & reflects badly upon everyone else

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

non amrit dharis? what are they trying to be though? what do they believe in? im not amrit dhari are u saying i shudnt wear the kakkars? they have vidiya about sikhi, they wear it because they are trying to be gursikhs. non sikh disiples wearing kare are wrong, they will do smin that will get the kara bein illegal agen. muslims wear it to pose as mone to convert silly apne.

FATEH!!

oooh now dats a diff topic altogether!!!

lol

me being a moorakh nobody who not good enuf 4 amrit sanchar, cant give much of a reply but naturally u would expcet me 2 say "yeh its ok" chal koina

but i see inthe future (im gessing actually) that these sacred symbols wont mean nething 2 humans coz every1 ewill be wearing em 4 the rong reasons; typical example = kirpaan 4 atacking)

bhul chuk maaf

FATEH!

wjkk wjkf

non amrit dharis? what are they trying to be though? what do they believe in? im not amrit dhari are u saying i shudnt wear the kakkars? they have vidiya about sikhi, they wear it because they are trying to be gursikhs. non sikh disiples wearing kare are wrong, they will do smin that will get the kara bein illegal agen. muslims wear it to pose as mone to convert silly apne.

90669[/snapback]

FATEH!!

hanji veer ji

akal di gal keetee <_<

FATEH!

one time this fora had a kirpan.....soo i told a few of my boys to ask him for it....lets just say the gora was unco-oprative.....soo then it was taken from him........

as for non-amritdhari ppl who wear kakkars if there training for amrit fine.......if its a fashion thing/ weapon........i dont think they should wear it.