In a Hostage situation...

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa,

Waheguroo ji ki fatehh !

Recently i seen the movie Hostage... it was an aite movie, everyone should see it...

My question is ... say if your family is being threatened or kidnapped and only you know and are asked to do something in return... hmmmm maybe do an act that is against another person OR maybe even against sikhi. What would you do? Would you let your family die ... or ...

What if your family is kidnapped and you either can save them or someone else you dont know ........ who would you choose.........

Just a thought...... it got me thinking .......... ill post my views later...........

bhul chuk maph...

FATEH!!this is kind of awkward situation.

BUt, in Sukhmani sahib, Guru Arjun Dev Ji says

"where ur mum, dad, nor bro nor mate will accompany u, only naam will be ur companion" (start of 2nd astpadi)

SO family is not relly important compareed 2 naam huna?

Wel, if u haf 2 do nething agenst sikhi, n if u decide 2 break it. memba that sahibzaade who gave their heads but not thier sikhi.

>>SIR JAAVE TA JAAVE, MERI SIKHI SIDAK NA JAAVE<<

If poss, try 2 save the family, but dont risk ur sikhi. and if summing DUS happen 2 them.. memba Guru Arjun Dev Ji's vaak wen he sat on hot tavvi...

"Tera KEEA meetha laage.." (Ur DOINGS is sweet to me).

As Sikhs, we should learn to live in the WIll of God rather than ourselves. Once we did, we THEN truely gave our heads just lyk the 5 pyare did.

Hope i made sense blush.gif Bhul chuk maaf khalsa ji

FATEH!

Nice reply ji...

But what about in the other scenrio where its either your own family or someone elses.... and you can only save one .... how can you make such a decision....

.... i am asking this cuz i wanna know what sikhi says. In Hostage that person was a cop who had to make this decision.... it reli made me think that when im a cop in the future .... how would i react in this situation.... would i save my own family and their lives or would i save the lives of someone else (or family) that i dont even know....

To save your family there would be moh, and Guru Sahib says to not get attached to your family or other belongings. In this particular situation, the only thing you can do is try to save both.

Now, I think you're trying to ask which to save first, I remember this Sakhi of this Raja and his family who were all nirmohi(without any attachment) and he was tested by the Sadhu, Sadhu said your family is dead and you have no-one, Raja remained in peace and did not rush back to see them, Sadhu went to the Raja's family and told them their Raja was dead, they were also not troubled, its a long sakhi but I just had to cut it short.

You have love for your family which will bring the urge of saving them first, most people would do it without a thought, I guess it all depends on the circumstances, and you can take it many ways. Guru Sahib says to respect your parents like God, at the same time Guruji is saying stay nirmoh, stay away from attachment. You would save your parents because I guess it would be a form of seva and most humane thing to do, since they brought you up, fed/clothed/loved you, out of love/compassion you would even think about saving someone, to save the other people first would be renouncing attachment I guess.

It all boils down to "Aval Alleh noor upaya, kudrat ke sabh bande", so if you try to make an effort to save either one you're doing the moral thing.

My two cents.

To save your family there would be moh, and Guru Sahib says to not get attached to your family or other belongings. In this particular situation, the only thing you can do is try to save both.

Now, I think you're trying to ask which to save first, I remember this Sakhi of this Raja and his family who were all nirmohi(without any attachment) and he was tested by the Sadhu, Sadhu said your family is dead and you have no-one, Raja remained in peace and did not rush back to see them, Sadhu went to the Raja's family and told them their Raja was dead, they were also not troubled, its a long sakhi but I just had to cut it short.

You have love for your family which will bring the urge of saving them first, most people would do it without a thought, I guess it all depends on the circumstances, and you can take it many ways. Guru Sahib says to respect your parents like God, at the same time Guruji is saying stay nirmoh, stay away from attachment. You would save your parents because I guess it would be a form of seva and most humane thing to do, since they brought you up, fed/clothed/loved you, out of love/compassion you would even think about saving someone, to save the other people first would be renouncing attachment I guess.

It all boils down to "Aval Alleh noor upaya, kudrat ke sabh bande", so if you try to make an effort to save either one you're doing the moral thing.

My two cents.

<_<

i think it's all hearsay

I mean... none of us (i'm assuming..correct me if i'm wrong), have ver been in a hostage situation.. we can give all the answers we want, with all the knowledge we possess...but we have NO experience being in a high-pressure situation like that. Frankly.... your intuition...your instincts...they can not be replaced with an answer.. even as a cop, you will have some sort of instinct on what to do...remember...you're not going to walk into the station, say "i wanna be acop", and they send you out na hour later.... hostage situations are treated with great respect, and police aer trained ridiculous amounts on the psychology and the habits of average hostage-takers.

You'll know what to do..... youi just don't know it now.... no answer replaces instinct.... i mean, take a situation:

9 hostage takers in total...2 families.... 8 of the hostage takers surround "the other" fmaily.... only 1 surrounds yours.

it's NOT gonna be noble to save the family surrounded with 8, without have tried to save the one with only 1..... you've got save as many as you can, it doesn't make a difference WHO it is... on a societal, canadian (not so much sikhi) level.... your "job" is to serve the public with honour, and losing your life by trying to save the "other" family without trying to save yours first.... i dunno... i'm kinda lal over the place,

the bottom line is....instinct... we can talk all we want, but when our life is on the line, we become humans.... and you'll get your answer THEN...

"Tera bhana meetha laage.." (Ur Will is sweet to me).

As Sikhs, we should learn to live in the WIll of God rather than ourselves. Once we did, we THEN truely gave our heads just lyk the 5 pyare did.

92051[/snapback]

forgive me if i'm wrong...maybe there's two shabads that are very smiilar..

but isn't it "Tera KEEA meetha laagay, har naam padaarath nanak maangay"

?

you know what, id prolly knowing im wrong to do soo, id still help my family....

i cant shirk off responsibilities like that, id try anything, better then to 2nd guess yourself your whole life and think you didnt do enough, or there was more you could have done and what not.....

Interesting situtation....

Its like if you would watch your own loved ones die and yet you do not go against the principles of Sikhi....

This is a state of the faithful, Its the same with the countless shaheeds in our history... but its sorry to hear it not the case anymore.