how 2 tie a dumalla

gupt_paapi

That was really really good for your first try, I think it would take me 50 tries to do that. But anyways here is the type of dastar I tie.

post-2994-1123942438_thumb.jpg

I might look just like a regular pagh, but its not, its really really stable, so stable that I cant even take it off if i tried, I have to unwrap it.

First I tie a patka underneath, and then you start out just like you would a regular pagh, but instead of taking the lar from your ear to the top of your head every time, you just take it to your other ear. so u just keep building up just like a round turban, I use the end of the first lar and tuck it in the back of my dastar, and that is what makes the back unmovable. So its like a round turban and pagh mix. Maybe I should get a patten on it. LOL.gif

I just realized how confusing I am no.gif , but i tried.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad you liked it. :T:

The first lar goes from the top of my head to my left ear, then to my right ear, then when i am bringing the lar back to my left side I make a V shape but the rest is just round and round. The first lar is then tucked in the back making my dastar even more unmovable in the back, and the last lar is tucked in the front. I use 4 and a quarter yards. I fold it just like you would a pagh but i dont scrunch it, I roll it. If you fold the cloth like that, you will have a fat side and a thin side, make sure that the thin side is the part that is at the bottom and the fat side goes on top every time, so that u keep building up.

It is really easy to tie, very comfortable, and veryyyyyyyy stable.

Let me know how it goes.

:)

this is type of dumllai used to tie before takin amrit, in practising dstaar mode, now i tie a really cool dumulla, usually in blue - i like dark blue ones, really suits singhnia ones ive seen and kesri offcourse :wub:

ive changed abit since this photo, eyebrows came back but still have a manmukhi face. now a tend to wear specs more often, more omfortable in smagams :wub:

AmandeepKaur_1_.bmp

AmandeepKaur_1_.bmp