Panj Piyareeaa instead of Panj Piyaray

kam1825

but only 5 people of certain castes who were punjabi in ethnicity stood up.. so does that mean that goray singhs cant have punj pyare? does it mean that people not of those castes of the original punj cant be punj either? just because a woman didnt stand up THEN doesnt mean she cant stand up NOW.. just because there werent any white people THEN doesnt mean they cant be in the punj NOW... does the comparison make sense?

AHHH that's real an eye opener.. GOOD !!

Now.. Should we not allow non-indian peeps to be the panj piyaraee?

hello? ive been saying that for awhile.. scroll up!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but only 5 people of certain castes who were punjabi in ethnicity stood up.. so does that mean that goray singhs cant have punj pyare? does it mean that people not of those castes of the original punj cant be punj either? just because a woman didnt stand up THEN doesnt mean she cant stand up NOW.. just because there werent any white people THEN doesnt mean they cant be in the punj NOW... does the comparison make sense?

I am bak, Don't have internet acess at home at the moment so i had to wait until i got to the office. :umm:

The above quote sums it all up. So Far no one has presented any valid reasons as to why women can't be panj pyariyans.

Simply calling it Gur Maryada does not justify it. Sikhi says Question everything, saying that this topic or having female members of the panth as panj will divide the panth is wrong.

Guest balwinderkaur

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm very very controversial topic. but i dont think women should be shut off juz because no woman stood up as an original 5 pyare. for all we know, their fathers and husbands mustve said " oh ur a woman u just sit down and keep quiet. dont try to be a smart aleck and respond." I mean we wouldn't know would we??????????????? tongue.gif Cuz indian society was still very sexist during those days. Hence im all for the idea of having women as a member of the panj piaara. Hurrah to those groups who are trying to break this gender divide by having lady panj piaarehs. Sikhee doesnt practice exclusivity so i think the right of panj piaara shouldnt just remain exclusive to men. Also theres no hukumnama written by Guroojee(as far as i know....if there is then please show it to us to prove us wrong) that a woman can't be a panj piaara..so based on that i think we can all assume that BOTH women and men have equal rights and chances for the post of panj piaara. Thats my take on the issue :umm: Bhool chook maaf.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguru jee Ka KhalsaWaheguru Jee Kee Fatah

I no i'm going to get grief for this. But I accept the word from Sants as gospal and will not change my mind on this matter. If you have faith in Sants as i have you would understand. I suggest the best person to ask this subject to would be the daughter of a Sant. I will go to Manni Karan next year. The sant has a daughter there who is also regardred as a sant. She is as spiritual as you can get. I will ask her but i know myself what she will say and that is no as her father has done that parchar himself.

Remember this is a religion you are trying to change no civil liberty issues should be involved.

Equality must always remain however some things are to remain as they are and always have been. The traditionalist would agree.

by the way the Katha which started this has now been sent to Gurmatveechar.com and hopefully will be up on the net soon.

Kamalpreet Singh Pardeshi

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fatah

you can have your guidance from a sant. we'll have ours from our Guru Sahib Wat do ya say people?

If you have faith in Sants as i have you would understand. I suggest the best person to ask this subject to would be the daughter of a Sant. I will go to Manni Karan next year. The sant has a daughter there who is also regardred as a sant. She is as spiritual as you can get. I will ask her but i know myself what she will say and that is no as her father has done that parchar himself.

ok thats crossing the line. wen you go mani karan can you find out this stuff I heard about it? is it true that the "sant" who used to be there was he even amritdhari i have seen his pictures doesn't look like he was? is her daughter who's running mani karan now amritdhari? do they not do bhog to karah parshaad from the neighboring hindu mandir and then same parshaad is given out in sangat? confirm those things for me ok? you just follow only sants who are followed by a large number of people. look at all the so called sants you have been referring to they all had loads and loads of followers and still do. seems to me like you only get your guidance from the famous 'sants'.

sticking with the original topic I favor bibian should be in panj piyare.

What is gur maryada(discipline) is gur maryada. Who are we to change that???. Nobody is arguing that woman cant get salvation(merge with guroo) but we are following maryada of amrit tradition from guroo's time(1699) event. If during the time (1699-1708) there was no woman in panj pyaraiz. What makes you think we should have them now??. The whole cause of this was those woman who had lack of faith in gathering of amrit(khanda) di phaul.

n3o n3o n3o oh man oh man oh man wen u gona learn buddy? I don't see you following the gur maryada completly either? here are the things you need to do to follow exact maryada at the time of 1699 visakhi wen first amritsanchar was done by guru sahib. make sure you find MALE panj piyarai who are the same cast as they were wen they were chosen on the visakhi day ok? and make sure you get the water which you gona use from the same source where guru sahib first got it from to use it in amrit and same goes for patasay ok? good boy! now you make sure its the same khanda and baatey which guru sahib ji used to make the first amrit. I think you get the point just follow everything exactly the way it was done on the visakhi day! ok? if you do anything different than that then you gona break the original maryada! don't forget ok?