Sant Ranjit Singh Dhadria Wale

naamsar

WGJKK

WGJKF

Ohhhh mere Surrey te Vancouver wale viroo te penjiooo Can someone tell us where and where Sant/Bhai Ranjit Singh ji is coming?? Please reply ASAP as in previous post it was informed that he is coming to Surrey/Vancouver anytime soon.

Stay in Chardi Kalaaa!!!!

WGJKK

WGJKF

95813[/snapback]

Well, from what I have heard from the gurdwara, he's going to be in Surrey at Dashmesh Darbar, and is holding 3 diwans starting on Thursday the 28th. Don't know what time though, probably in the evenings. Hope that helps!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

Please Please Please could you arrange for live broadcasts of the keertan diwans. This would be much appreciated for those of us in the UK.

PS Please could someone let all us UK wale know whether or not Baba Ranjit Singh will be coming to the UK and if so when and where.

I agree with Mrsinghsahib - Havelock Road seems the suitable place for the diwan or a park like there was for the Atam Ras so there can be no disappointment with the sangat having to turn away.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

thats great jee , Veer Ranjeet Singh Programme are full packed with sangat as usual we see in India too.

Well as i mentioned in my previous posts he is awesome parchark and panth today need more n more young parcharaks like him.

But I just wanna to know that

is he reading dharanas/ kachi bani in diwans ?

is reading of dharanas/ kachi bani as kirtan is acceptable to all the sangat of uk / canada ??

bhulla chukka dee maufai

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

is reading of dharanas/ kachi bani as kirtan is acceptable to all the sangat of uk / canada ??

I don't want to get in a debate about the righteousness of Dhaarnas - each individual can judge this for themselves. But I think it is only fair to Veer Ranjit Singh to convey his response to people who accuse him of singing Kacchi Bani.

Ranjit Singh says how can Bani be Kacchi? Bani is Pakki. It is Dhur Kee Bani, coming directly from Waheguroo, manifesting itself through the living Gurus, and is now our Shabad Guru. The only way that Bani can possibly be Kacchi is if somebody writes something and claims it to be Bani - only this can be Kacchi Bani, because it has not come from the Pavittar Rasnaa of the Satgur.

Dhaarnas cannot be Kacchi Bani, because they are not any type of Bani - they are merely Dhaarnas. Dhaarnas are simple ways of expressing a Gurmat message to the Sangat, in a manner which the Sangat can understand. Each Dhaarna is based mainly on a Gurbani Tukh or inspirational stories of Sikh history and they convey the message in a simple manner which the uneducated pendu people in India can understand. Dhaarnas put across the Gurmat message, just like Dhadi Vaars, Katha, or Kavishars do. Once people are inspired towards Sikhi, then they must read and understand Gurbani to fully appreciate our Guru's message. But until then, any kind of Parchaar which increases our love, devotion and understanding for Guru Jee cannot be slandered.

Ranjit Singh says even if people do find his Dhaarnas to be so-called "Kacchi", at least they attach people to the Pakka Satgur, Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj.

Ranjit Singh says further that taking on board the Kacchi Bani criticisms, he at one point started singing only Gurbani - but this reduced the effectiveness of his Parchaar because the average person did not understand what was being said. He then reverted to singing Dhaarnas so that people could become at least be interested in understanding in what Guru Jee is saying.

I think an analogy can be drawn of Sikh youth in the West. Many youth in the UK do not speak Punjabi at home, let alone read or write it. How can they be expected to understand Gurmukhi and Gurbani if Parchaaraks kept reading only Gurbani to them? They wouldn't - Gurbani would pass right over their heads. They would need Katha and general parchar in English to make them at least interested in Sikhi. Once interested in Sikhi, they could go on and learn Gurmukhi and understand Gurbani. Dhaarnas have the same effect - their aim is to create an interest in Sikhi - but Dhaarnas are sung in everyday, straight Punjabi.

Just a few days ago on this forum, the Juggy D song Akheer was being appreciated because of its message that whatever one's religion, one should remember God's Name. If a song like that is appreciated, why are Dhaarnas not, which have inspired thousands to become the Guru's Khalsa, keep full Rehit and do seva and simran?

In resonse to Bsbk123's question, I find singing Dhaarnas acceptable because firstly, they are not Bani - thus they cannot be "Kacchi Bani" - they are Dhaarnas, and nothing else. Secondly, I find them acceptable because they inspire people to love Gurbani more and they make them understand that Guru Jee, through His Bani, is our method of joining our Aatma with Parm-Aatma.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Jee

Waheguroo

Waheguru Jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

As per my little knowledge Sikh Panth is having following methods to spread the messages of GURBANI :

1. Gurbani Kirtan (Either on Harmonium or Rabab etc.)

Panth has accepted singing of Bani of SGGS jee, Bhai Gurdass Jee Vaaraan, Dasam Granth bani in Kirtan form on various Saajs.

2. Gurbani Katha

Explanation of Gurbani by Katha Vachak

3. Kavi Darbars

Singing self made rhymes in praise of waheguru / guru sahibans/ shaheeds etc.

4. Dhadi Vaaraa

Shaheedi and other inspirational incidents from sikh history being performed on speical saaj in a special way.

Using Dharanas in Kirtan is like mixing of Kavi Darbar with Kirtan Darbar. I believe Dharanas are like poems so should not we sing in Kavi Darbar than in the Kirtan Darbar ?.

About the Punjabi language, Pls educate me if Punjabi Lanaguage (major language used in SGGS Jee) can not be understand by the people of Punjab (the ppl whose mother tongue is Punjabi) then who else can understand it better ?

If we accept the fact that uneducated pendu ppl do not understand Bani, that way we should not sing dharanas i educated urban sangat ?

As we say Sikhi is all about qualities not quantitites, if by obeying guru jee hukam and reciting bani few ppl. do not come to diwan , should we bothered about them who do not want to listen their guru's bani.

Is it fair to say that singing gurbani reduced the effectiveness of Parhcar ?

bhulla chuka dee mafuai pray.gifpray.gif

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

This parchar in Dharnas was mainly started by Sant Baba Atter Singh Jee Mastuana Wale. It is said Baba Jee heard a voice in the wind telling them how people do not understand Gurbanee anymore and to communinicate banee to the sangat. This is presumably Guru Jee communicating with Baba Jee. Baba Jee was a great Gursikh done many amazing things for the Panth when Sikhi was getting weak and helped bring people back into Sikhi.

In reference to the above post you could also say if doing Dharnaa is not in Guru Jees hukam... then neither is the keertan of today which is usually not in raags, as Gurbani is all beuatifuly written to beutfiful raags. When people hear Dharnas they actually start learning what Gurbani actually means and what its messages are, and then this leads them onto the thirst of actually trying to understand Gurmukhi.