Where were AKJ during Arya Smaji movement?

Guest learner singh

first off learner singh what have YOU done for these causes u are so passionate to criticize akj for.. if you havent done anything yourself who are YOU to judge others?

second of all.. when akj gursikhs help others they dont come running in a huge group with big banners and badges that say AKJ on them.. they dont run around going "IM AKJ I GOT IT IM AKJ LOOK AT ME HELPING"

obvsiouly they come as gursikhs and say im a sikh im here to help you.. people help on individual level.. AKJ is NOT a taksal and doesnt have official big organizations or deras or other things.. they are people who may be in other groups or taksals that just get together to do keertan..

people from everywhere come to samagams.. i know in california we have a number of taksalis come and do keertan at samagams.. we invite anyone else to come as well..

in england they have people like harjinder singh and niranjan singh come and do keertan..

so your questions are incredibly ignorant and designed to create hate.. STOP IT

The primary purpose of the Akhand KEERTANEE Jatha is for Gursikhs to get together and do Keertan. Propogating Sikhee through keertan is one of the greatest sevas one can do. Of course, in addition to keertan, singhs associated with the Jatha also do many other things. The main purpose is Sikhee parchaar and Singhs from the AKJ have made massive contributions to parchaar. They've opened and supported schools in India and abroad. I've personally seen singhs donate tens of thousands of dollars for hiring religious teachers and taking care of orphans etc in India and abroad. I know proffessors associated with the akj who've dedicated years to teaching classes for young people. I also know lots of youth who've worked in soup kitchens and worked with homeless and mentally disabled people purely as seva. But see, the thing is, most of these people, if not all, generally don't make it a habit to wear their akj vests when they do these sevas. They do them as members of the khalsa panth and try to involve as many others as they can. Even in instances where I've seen projects taken on exclusively by singhs associated with the akj, or where they send money somewhere as a group, they tend not to use the title AKJ. That title is generally only reserved for Keertans and sometimes for other parchar, such as books, etc.

As far as the times of bhai Saahib Randheer Singh go, those singhs participated in pretty much every sikh agitation or movement of the time. Which is why a large section of the jatha was in Jail during the late 1910's. You can find individual accounts of certain singhs and the seva they did, such as Baba Ram Singh in the Akali Morchay, but you won

9;t find mention of them as a group in most cases. The reason for this is the same as the reason given above. They did these sevas as members of the Khalsa Panth, not as some separate dera. Even in movements where singhs from the Jatha didn't play a prominent role, they still participated.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SaintSoldier

learnersingh I don't like you creating this divide amongst Sikhs, got that? I'v been reading quite a bit of your messages and I am not liking much of them.

If you do not refrain from these types of posts SikhSangat will be forced to take action.

(Oh ya I am not an AKJ, Taksali Singh, Nihang I am JUST a SIKH, incase you think I'm being defensive from the AKJ side!)

waheguru ji ke khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, I am not sure what was the intention behind this mail by learner singh, but I think it should be answered.

Akj is a mother organisation which creates sikhs through inspiring them with Guru maharajs bani. But all of us in sikhi do seva for the Panth, we do not feel the need to add akj name to everything we do.

Many young akj youth were involved in Khalsa aid, which went to Orissa, Kosovo and africa. Actually young Singhs like Onkar singh (general sec of AKJ Uk), sukhvir singh, inderpal singh, and many others were main players aswell as other youth from Hounslow.

Many of the youth camps run in Uk are run by youth associated with akj. Akj regularly gives money to shaheed privaars and many other charities. Even Uk based charities such as Children In need.

Youth do seva with the under priveldged. I personally have worked with youth dealing with drugs, racism, etc. Currently dass is working with those who have mental health issues, all non-sikhs. I know of many other akj youth who are social workers and teachers.

Many of us youth while at unis, fought with fundamentalist groups such as HUT, also stood up to RSS infiltration in Uk gurdwaras. Some youth ended up doing time inside. Recently we was heavily involved in clashes up north with a neo-nazi group Combat 18, the militant wing of BNP. They were doing racism against blacks and muslims, and mixed race families. My family was the only sikh familiy there, but we stood up against them.

In my pind in India, eye camps, education camps, gurmat camps, have been done, paid by seva done by Gursikhs in Uk. This is from money they recieve from Gurdwar

as for akhand paths, teaching at punjabi schools, etc. All the Gursikhs do niskaam seva, so the money that is given goes to further seva in Punjab.

as far as Akj during Arya samaj times, most were in jail, some were fighting in WW2, but many in the form of Panch khalsa Diwan did alot of seva in parchaar, shahhedain, etc. Please read your history. The people you are questioning, are the ones who did not just talk, but gave thier lives.

The reality is alot of seva is done, but it done as Gursikhs for the Guru khalsa panth. We have never felt the need to put an AKJ stamp on everything we do. Akj is a centre of abyass. But we are members of the Panth.

waheguru ji ke khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Mod Note: Post accidently sent to moderators/admins by user id jagjit_waheguru