Is Manmohan Singh a Sikh in disguise?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Faujan

This is what politics does to Sikhs. To anyone. To everyone. You have begun to fight amongst yourselves. Of all the things that so many people throughout this thread have posted about our Beloved Guru Ji's doing, and telling us to do, does any of the Sangat think Guru Ji would be happy to see this?

A murakh's suggestion to Sikh Sangat: get rid of this politics category.

A murakh's suggestion to the Sangat: forget about Manmohan Singh touching the feet of Hindu Holy men, and worry about whether or not you are giving up completely your mind and body, heart and soul, when you bow down and touch the feet of Your Guru Ji.

A murakh's worthless thoughts taking up precious net space. Bhul chukk di khimma bakshni, Jiyo.

Sadha hi,

Khalse di Faujan

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

oh man.. some really looooong post ehh.. Well.. to get straight to the point.. manmohan is sikh because he is born in sikh family.. Being born in sikh family, doesn't make you a sikh in guru jees eyes. Whether he is touching another human feet or sunbathing in bikni in california.. it doesn't matter... All matters is what is doing for humankind.. Judge the person by his work not by his religion.. He is political leader not religious one.. He should never be considered as religious guy.. not a type who should be given saropa.. cauz he ain't doing anything for sikhs at all.. So chill and relax and raise the current genx to be the Good Leaders..

:doh: :) waheguroooooooo hands down true....exactly what i tried to say :doh: :wub:

sat sri akal to all

after seeing this photograph in wich manmohan is touching the feet of some hindu fake i can only say ----

SHAME SHAME SHAME

no.gif :doh: no.gif

• 2 weeks later...

singh sahibo, i have decided to reopen this thread for many reasons.

firstly, after doing some research, i have been able to come across quotes from bani, where it says we can do matha theek to sants. thus it shows the gurus seeing nothing wrong in what manmohan singh was doing.

secondly, yes we have quoted from maryada especially from puratan times, but ultimatly, despite maryada being something we learn from, guru granth sahib ji maharaj clearly has more power over these maryadas. for this reason, i thought it would be best to have quotes from maharaj.

http://www.waheguru.com/What%20does%20Sri%...t%20Saints2.htm

the most stiring quote i must say, where people have come to me and said "guru sahib does not mention anywhere we should do matha theek to sants" or coming across to me and just having heart attacks, but what does bani really say....

kir swDU AMjulI punu vfw hy ]

kar saadhhoo a(n)julee pun vaddaa hae ||

Greet the Holy Saint with your palms pressed together; this is an act of great merit.

kir fMfauq punu vfw hy ]1] rhwau ]

kar dda(n)ddouth pun vaddaa hae ||1|| rehaao ||

Bow down before Him; this is a virtuous action indeed. ||1||Pause||

funny, despite some read sohila sahib before they go bed, it clearly shows we dont actually understand bani.

i rest my case

gustaphi maaf

understanding Baani Kandola bro is different for everyone. While you read Baani and think that Baani is saying bow before Saints, I would say that it means bow to people who attach you to Akaal Purakh. Saints in Gurbaani are those who dedicate their lives to Nirankaar and those who inspire others to do Naam Simran and Bhagti of Akaal. For Sikhs Akaal is Shabad Guru, Our holy saint is Shabad Guru. So if a "holy person" doesn't attach you to Shabad Guru and Akaal, then what is the point in bowing to him or her?

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying that telling people they don't understand Baani is a bit wrong because depending on one's level of spirituality, difefrent iterpretations will be understood. It is only with Waaheguru's kirpa that one understands Akaal Purakh's Shabad.

fateh Singh.