Why don't we just buy a state?

Freedom Fighter

i've heard this idea before too, i think there's too many problems with this, people won't want to leave their homes behind, it will be nearly impossible to find decent land, what will the majority of the people do their(occupation), how could we leave all of the temples and our history behind. It will be too great of a change for people. the goi would have won, if he leave. who will pay for it or govern the new place.

i just don't think this idea is realistic enough.

i agree with GABROO KHALISTAN DAH

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This thread was discussed before on another forum. I don't think that this land is meant to be brought so that ALL Sikhs can migrate there, it is for Sikhs who are already outside India. About 2million Sikhs live outside India at this time. This land is for those Sikhs to migrate to and develop. This land isn't for Sikhs of India to migrate to because as someone wrote before this would mean the GOI has won.

Having a land outside India would give the Sikhs in Punjab many advantages. As a member of the UN this land would be able to support the right of Sikhs and bring up any human rights abuse that India commits against Sikhs in world forums. Having a country that has governmental power to promote Sikhi as well as help Sikhs should there be any repeat of attacks on Sikhs as in the US after 9/11.

It would also allow the Sikh identity to become well known around the world because Sikh athletes would be able to compete in Olympics and Football World Cup and Hockey World Cups etc.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

>Bikramjit Singh<, you have a good idea there.

i think sikh's living outside of india wouldn't move there, it's also hard for them to leave everything behind. i believe too many of the sikh's living outside of india are greedy, and wouldn't go there becasue of thier own personal issues. you got to also remember sikh's left punjabi to escape corruption and politic's, and what would make them think this wouldn't excist in the new country.

i think the youth outside of india would make the new countries future not so bright, with the drinking, drugs, sex and gangs. i think it would end up a disapointment.

>Bikramjit Singh<, you have a good idea there.

i think sikh's living outside of india wouldn't move there, it's also hard for them to leave everything behind. i believe too many of the sikh's living outside of india are greedy, and wouldn't go there becasue of thier own personal issues. you got to also remember sikh's left punjabi to escape corruption and politic's, and what would make them think this wouldn't excist in the new country.

i think the youth outside of india would make the new countries future not so bright, with the drinking, drugs, sex and gangs. i think it would end up a disapointment.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I understand your concerns but you only need to look at how Israel developed itself into a great country. The ideals are what matters and it's the ideals that make a people contribute to their country. I don't share your view that Sikhs outside India are greedy. Many especially the youth are not money orientated. Yes, there's problems with gangs and drugs but in a Sikh state we can test new and uniquely Sikh ways of dealing with these problems. The youth again would be more liable to migrate there, when one is young you want new challenges and there is no greater challenge than contributing to the creation of a Sikh country. For t

he first time in 154 ( since 1849 ) the Sikhs will be able to pass laws and have a army created solely to defend them.

This Sikh country would also be an experiment, we hear some much BS about Sikhs not being able to govern ourselves and that we can't even manage a Gurdwara let alone a country, it would be good to test this theory before we start to govern ourselves in Punjab

GurFateh

Bikramjit

the youth moving there would have different things in mind then alot of the gursikhs. i think if you put all these gangs and teens into a area, it will cause too many problems, i see you would like this to work, but i firmly believe we should try fighting for punjabi.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

This is not an either or situation. We can have this country outside India and still have a Khalistan in India. In fact there is likely to be more support for Khalistan if the Sikh state outside India works well. Sikhs in Punjab will see that the Sikhs outside have made their state successful so they will also want the chance to try the same in Punjab. Also when Sikh relatives from Punjab visit this state and see how it runs under Gurmat principles they will want the same in Punjab.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

I don't think it's realistic or possible to actually BUY a province or state or a country. Where would this land be? Who has the authority to sell this land? Would the people living there be just fine with it? I know that if the place I was living (province, country, etc) were sold to lets say the Japanese or Chinese, I wouldn't take it too well.

Buying a country seems completely unrealistic to me.

The only alternative I can see is mass migration to a certain area. If all the Sikhs moved together into a town or province, they could become a major political force there and run the show. This wouldn't be a Khalistan however, it would still be within the confines of another greater country.

Frankly though, I think all this is very unlikely to happen and overall unrealistic. I think when the Khalsa is ready to rule then Guru Sahib will give them raaj. All our scheme-making and planning will be a failure if we aren't the real Khalsa capable of running a Khalsa state and we end up making our whole community look bad with a disaster.

As for the Jews: the Jews made Israel in a very unique way. They had a very wealthy community in America where most of the Jews in the world still live. They received very substantial international assitance in the after-math of WWII and the Holocaust and Germany also gave very significant reparations to Israel. The British were also closing up their colonial empire so it all fit together.

nicely said Singh 5, >Bikramjit Singh<, you said "if the Sikh state outside India works well", i think thats quit unlikly, BC has one of the highest sikh populations outside of india and just look at all the problems there.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Gill Bhaji

O.K. Let me play devils advocate here, if you have such a low opinion of what the Sikhs outside Indis can do then what makes you think that Sikhs in Punjab can do any better when Khalistan comes about ?

I tend to want to give Sikhs the benefit of the doubt rather than believe each and every view which tries to imply that we are not worthy of being free because we have some inherant tendency that means that we cannot somehow govern ourselves like other nations are able to.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

>Bikramjit Singh<, i'm just trying to be as realistic as possible. i think if a sikhi state was estabolished outside of india, the influence would be the same as it is right now.

and my biggest reason for this not working is, where we would get the land, who would pay for it, would sikhs move there, would it be desent land.

hey, i just though of something, what happens if a large number of other religions also moved there, wouldn't this cause problems too, it wouldn't be controlled by sikhs then.