gatka classes?

singhni

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I see where your arguement is coming from Quest4Akaal parji and i agree with some parts to an extent. A lot of Ustaads are only teaching freeplay for demos and what not and not teaching actual vars which will be effective in combat, this is not the true art and this kind of Gatka freeplay is just a ego booster in most cases. In my opinion you need to learn the vars which will help you in combat situations first then combinations after, otherwise whats the point?

Gatka in its purest form is far from the freeplay Gatka you see most of the time but you cannot slate Gatka and say its only for fun, it all depends on your Ustaad. If you have a serious Ustaad you will learn how to fight, if not you will learn how to look good.

Also i learn Gatka and i can think of 3 different types of Penthra off the top of my head that i am learning so to say Gatka teachs 1 Penthra is not valid.

Its a healthy debate, nice to see a good debate without arguing :nihungsmile:

Also 4giveme4mysins clocked it, without the kamai we might aswell allow it and put down are sotiah.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make a quick point, ive been reading up on Shaahed Bhai Fauja Singh Ji and from what i understand he was proficient in Gatka, he actually took mans heads off clean using it. I think this shows recent proof of the practicality of Gatka and a true Singhs kamai to back it.

Sorry to add fuel to the fire lol

• 1 year later...
Vjkk Vjkf sangat jeeeo

Does anyone know where i can get gatka classes in slough or southall or near those two areas and could someone provide me with contact details for the teachers of the classes pleeeeease.i'm desperate to learn but cannot find anyone who teaches.i would like to start as soon as possible.

thank in advance

:gatka-singhni: there are gatka classes every tuesday at 7:00 in southall in the hall oposite sunrise studios where that old building is

Vjkk Vjkf sangat jeeeo

Does anyone know where i can get gatka classes in slough or southall or near those two areas and could someone provide me with contact details for the teachers of the classes pleeeeease.i'm desperate to learn but cannot find anyone who teaches.i would like to start as soon as possible.

thank in advance

:gatka-singhni: there are gatka classes every tuesday at 7:00 in southall in the hall oposite sunrise studios where that old building is

your post is around 4 years to late LOL