Goreh Names

Sikh_Kuri

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think when we take amrit/naaam or whateva it means that we are embarking on something totaly different journey..u dont have any relation left wid older 'you'....so its good u have a different name...and be called wid differnt name....

My question to the people here is, do Non-sikhs, Gorreh , kaale, china, spanish whatever, keep Sikh names?

How may non-sikhs go out of there way to name their kids with Sikh names?  Names have special meanings, gorreh use the name Paul or John because they are inspired by the Bible, the gospels of Mark Mathew Luke and John, etc.  When a Sikh kid is named Mary, John or Paul, what is the point?

The Sikhs people have such a glorious history and reputation that i have never understood why our people run away from it.  Why do our people have this complex where they shed everything for other people.  Let me ask you people something, if  a sikh uses a "Gorah" name you think people are gonna see you as a Gorah?  Please, to them your still a Paki, Hindu, Musalmaan, Arab, towelhead..you think your tan skin, your Punjabi-nose and your black hair is gonna change with your name..

be proud of who you are and where you come from.  Have some self-respect, as Sikhs you have a lot of history behind you, be proud.

Peace.

108853[/snapback]

Sri Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Sri Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

WELL SAID !

Sri Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Sri Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I personly dnt prefer Goreh names, @ da end ov da day it wud jus cover ya identity. This girl that argued wid me she has an eng name & wen it cumz dwn 2 religious studies lesonz she duno jak al bout Sikhi & avoids bein cald a sikh, but wen it cumz dwn 2 churchs n christianity she fires away so many fingz. She admits 2 y ayn she a christian, she sed she wants 2 convert but she ayn alowd cuz she stil livz wid er gran n wen er granz out she'l convert. Wud dis b da rents fault or da galz?

someone once told me a story - a story of a family - mum dad n child. Parents did not do much simran in their life. They named their child Narayan (meaning God) and although they did not do much simran, everytime they called to their child "Narayan!" they would remember Vaheguru and it counted as a form of simran in itself - and so Maharaj done bakhshish on them.

I think personally, it would be wicked to stick with names such that mean something. I love my name. If i was named something like "Jordan" i would HATE it and definitely would have changed it by now!

Ps. names that rock... Kirandeep, Manjot and Karampreet :doh:

Sikh_Kuri  Today, 10:24 AM Post #24 

I personly dnt prefer Goreh names, @ da end ov da day it wud jus cover ya identity. This girl that argued wid me she has an eng name & wen it cumz dwn 2 religious studies lesonz she duno jak al bout Sikhi & avoids bein cald a sikh, but wen it cumz dwn 2 churchs n christianity she fires away so many fingz. She admits 2 y ayn she a christian, she sed she wants 2 convert but she ayn alowd cuz she stil livz wid er gran n wen er granz out she'l convert. Wud dis b da rents fault or da galz?

Lol let her convert to Christianity, becuase she aint experienced Sikhi if she had or had been she would never even thought of converting. All you can do is try to educate her about Sikhi or do ardaas and hope akaal purakh does kirpa on her.

Any ways I would hate a gora name just doesnt have the same edge as a normal name:

Michael Singh - No NO No - just doesnt sound right - sounds like a character out of disney land

Manjeet Singh - Yes Yes - Sounds wicked got that catch/ring to it you tell it a sher. :doh:

:TH:

Sikh_Kuri  Today, 10:24 AM Post #24 

Lol let her convert to Christianity, becuase she aint experienced Sikhi if she had or had been she would never even thought of converting. All you can do is try to educate her about Sikhi or do ardaas and hope akaal purakh does kirpa on her.

Any ways I would hate a gora name just doesnt have the same edge as a normal name:

Michael Singh - No NO No - just doesnt sound right - sounds like a character out of disney land

Manjeet Singh - Yes Yes - Sounds wicked got that catch/ring to it you tell it a sher. :doh:

:TH:

108918[/snapback]

disney land...lol.....Tru say ! I no a gal called Charlotte Kaur Patel (Now I wonda how dat soundz, Wa religion may she be?)...english, sikh, gujrati/hindi ?

And dont u love the meaning Sikh names have they the best man. I swear and the way u can shout out a Sikh name sounds wicked. You cant really shout out any other names like Sikh names: Lol i saw two babeh one across the road and one was like

O BALDEV SIHOOO Teek ya, sounded wicked yeah. No imagine some gora baba:

O hello tom, NA JUST DONT ROCK ME BOAT LOL LOL.gif